Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practice and Qualify time

Platform
    PC

Practice and Qualify time

I notice quite often there are lobbies with 90 minute practice and qualify sessions with races that are more often than not only 5 laps long .
    I don't get the point behind it .
    If it is in the hope of getting a full lobby then it still seems pointless .People come in and see the time and leave and most of the time a race with a full grid is down to half the players by the end of the second lap .
    Surely sticking to 15 minutes makes more sense as players are more likely to stay and races with less than 15 players result in less destruction derby at the start .
    l Processor lIntel Core i7 4790k @4ghz l Video Card lMsi Geforce GTX 970 l Wheel lLogitech G27 l Network card l Atheros killer E2200 Series Gigabit Lan l PSU l Be Quiet 580W Straight Power 10 l Memory l 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz l Mainboard l Asrock Fatality Z97 Killer l Soundcard l Onboard Purity Sound l Monitor l LG Ultrawide l OS l Windows 7 Home Proffesional X64
    The following user likes this Post: Motorhead Racer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    +1

If I join any race with more than a 10 min qualification, I leave straight away.
    Even having this as an option is pretty stupid.

If like me you mostly play randoms, and if like me you struggle to qualify better than 4th, the first turn carnage will wipe out any advantage you may have had in qualification. For short races, qual is a waste of time.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The league I race in do this a lot mid week just so people can practice the track they will be racing for the up coming event. It's less about the race and more about tweaking the setup.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yesterday for example I have tested my new Dedicated server tool. For that I have hosted 90 minutes training.
    Name was RiftAroundTheRace.

I have to test it, so 90 minutes was ok. This is one reason for someone doing that.
    Other is, that someone maybe only want to drive training, more than only few laps.
    In my case we are two drivers and we play for beating the personal best, and we do that in training session.
    Because we switch only every 10 laps in the pit we need longer session.
    Sure, doing that we only play half of the length of the others that are alone.

I don't understand your point, don't enter these servers if you don't want that.
    People like us that do that want to beat PB, train and get bether....it's about driving.
    We don't like event hopping.
    And we don't drive single player/offline because I record Personal Best/Server Best with my Dedicated server tool to have it/compare it next time we host and drive the same car and track.

Examples:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post969612
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=23855

This are only few examples for why people doing that.
    So, don't join if you don't like that.
    But please don't say to me/us to stop doing so.
    We have also a right to play as we like.
    Last edited by cogent; 06-06-2015 at 09:17.
    The following user likes this Post: Stevic9x1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Yep, I can understand that long practice sessions are most likely people testing cars and settings, but what's the point of 5 and 10 minute practice times? Just a complete and utter waste of time in my book. Also, people who don't match up quali sessions to tracks... like 10 mins quali on Nordschliefe and 5 mins on Spa etc. Again, a complete waste of time since it isn't long enough to get a lap in.

When I'm lucky enough to inherit a full lobby, I set qualifying to 5 mins so that players have one crack at a flying lap. If it's a longer track like spa I set 10 mins. On much longer tracks like Nordschliefe or Le Mans I ditch qualifying altogether and just add an extra lap to the race. I never add practice sessions. If I want to try out cars settings I'll do it in single player since I don't want to clog up public lobbies where people are looking for races.
    Last edited by Ramshackle; 06-06-2015 at 10:53.

Platform
    PC
    Exactly the point is people are looking for races and the only time you know it is a 90 minute qualify is after you have clicked join .
    You can name your lobby so why not add some info there i.e 90 minute session.
    Of course you are free to do whatever you want with your lobby and at least now I know some of the reasoning behind it which is what I was asking for .
    l Processor lIntel Core i7 4790k @4ghz l Video Card lMsi Geforce GTX 970 l Wheel lLogitech G27 l Network card l Atheros killer E2200 Series Gigabit Lan l PSU l Be Quiet 580W Straight Power 10 l Memory l 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz l Mainboard l Asrock Fatality Z97 Killer l Soundcard l Onboard Purity Sound l Monitor l LG Ultrawide l OS l Windows 7 Home Proffesional X64

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    yea i join them to get my tweak my setup here and there.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I think its a good thing having a long practice/qualy

Its like you are time trialing or testing setups but you have people there with you, makes it a bit less monotonous

I wish people would make races longer though, 10 laps at least ...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by BDR Daz View Post
    I think its a good thing having a long practice/qualy

Its like you are time trialing or testing setups but you have people there with you, makes it a bit less monotonous

I wish people would make races longer though, 10 laps at least ...
    yea same here im getting tired of racing 4 laps at a time

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by 321Respawn View Post
    Exactly the point is people are looking for races and the only time you know it is a 90 minute qualify is after you have clicked join .
    You can name your lobby so why not add some info there i.e 90 minute session.
    Of course you are free to do whatever you want with your lobby and at least now I know some of the reasoning behind it which is what I was asking for .
    Before joining the session you can see the lobby settings and p1,p2,q and race time ad well as restrictions...