Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSD To DDS

Platform
    PC

PSD To DDS

I searched this but didn't find anything so her go's
    I painted a custom livery using Photoshop 6. I want to put it into the game to check my work. Problem is Photoshop doesn't have or I can't find a way to save the PSD file to a DDS file. I have tried flattening the image but no luck. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SinCitySimRacing View Post
    I searched this but didn't find anything so her go's
    I painted a custom livery using Photoshop 6. I want to put it into the game to check my work. Problem is Photoshop doesn't have or I can't find a way to save the PSD file to a DDS file. I have tried flattening the image but no luck. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks
    You need to download and install this plugin from Nvidia to do that.

I would also advise you to read the custom livery FAQ. This was originally put together by Jan Frischkorn, the Vehicle Art Manager of SMS.

Good luck!
    If you find a bug or encounter an issue with my liveries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14678315/AD.jpg

Win7 Pro 64 | i7-4770K @ 3.5Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @1333MHz | MSI GeForce GTX970 4GB | Logitech G25 wheel/pedals w/Nixim brake mod

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the links Espen I already have the plugin haven't figured out how to get it working. I ran the exe and installed it to my photoshop 6 folder but it doesn't see it for some reason I'm still working on it though.

Platform
    PC
    Did you run as administrator and all that jazz?

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SinCitySimRacing View Post
    Thanks for the links Espen I already have the plugin haven't figured out how to get it working. I ran the exe and installed it to my photoshop 6 folder but it doesn't see it for some reason I'm still working on it though.
    Allright, just thought I'd check. Are you sure you've installed the plugin in the correct folder? I'm using Photoshop CC, and my plugin didn't install in the "Photoshop CC 2014" folder, it made a new "Photoshop CC (64-bit)" folder and installed it in the plugin folder there instead.
    The plugin file name says 64-bit though, so I just copied the file over into the correct plugin folder, and it worked.
    Last edited by Espen S. Andresen; 08-06-2015 at 08:11.
    If you find a bug or encounter an issue with my liveries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14678315/AD.jpg

Win7 Pro 64 | i7-4770K @ 3.5Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @1333MHz | MSI GeForce GTX970 4GB | Logitech G25 wheel/pedals w/Nixim brake mod

Platform
    PC
    Make sure you install the right version of your photoshop x32 or x64bits
    Amd Bulldozer Fx 8150 4.0ghz Black Edition, 2x Asus 7970 CUII Eyefenity / 24GB Ram Kingstone HyperX 1600Mhz DDRS 3 /Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 / Fanatec CSW + BMW Wheel + Fanatec Pedals V2 / Track IR 5 / Windows 8 Pro x64 / 900 Wts / 3 x Asus VS239H / Cyborg RAT7 / Saitek Cyborg Command Pad Unit

Platform
    PC
    I got it and that was one of my problems Painkiller my version of PS is quite old so I needed the 32bit file. I had a trial version of cc so it installed it to that folder and i just copy and pasted it into the correct one and wa la!
    Thanks everyone for all your help.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Espen S. Andresen, Ryno917, [PSR]Painkiller

Platform
    PS4
    I downloaded the Nvidia plug-in and installed it in the correct folder. When I [Save As] and select DDS from the list and save it, it saves as a generic windows image icon but of size 0 bytes. Only once did I get the window with MIP options and I have repeatedly deleted the file and attempted to save again.

Any idea what is going on? Should I delete the plug-in altogether and have another shot?

I appreciate any help.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    http://www.easy2convert.com/downloads.html

works great for me. 7th from top.
    The following user likes this Post: Scuderia Paul

Platform
    PC
    Another way instead of using the plugin is to flatten & resize & save as a .png & then open it with a program called DXTBmp & save it as a .dds file.
    Skins on my YouTube channel - Jimbo's Mods
    Asus M5A99X EVO m/board, AMD FX-4170 unparked quad-core ~ 4.2GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX970, 16GB RAM (8x2), HyperX RAM Cooler, Win 7 Ult 64-bit, Aerocool Strike-X 1100W Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Zalman Z9 Plus gaming case, 7x 120mm fans, NZXT Sentry Mesh fan controller, Logitech G27 Wheel, BENQ 24" HDMI monitor.