Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSD To DDS

Platform
    PC
    From what I remember the last time I did any liveries, it sometimes crashes when you save the photoshop layered file directly to DDS, so if you save it as a TIFF, then convert the TIFF to DDS it worked ok.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    From what I remember the last time I did any liveries, it sometimes crashes when you save the photoshop layered file directly to DDS, so if you save it as a TIFF, then convert the TIFF to DDS it worked ok.
    My long time used way of saving a DDS directly from a PSD.

1.) Ensure no transparent areas are showing with the layers you want saved.
    2.) Save your PSD then Flatten the image.
    3.) Save to the correct DDS format.
    4.) Undo the Flattening.
    The newest version of the PS DDS plugin for awhile now supposedly Flattens the layers in the background before rendering the DDS file. But I still Flatten the layers manually first.
    The most common PS crash with the DDS plugin is due to transparent textures in the PSD. Even 1 single transparent Pixel can cause the Plugin to crash sometimes.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R385.69) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.