Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unplayable game.

Kart Driver

Unplayable game.

I guess this will already have threads but i am venting.

Gamepad - Twitchy as hell, laughable for a trying to play a sim would be fine in a arcade game.

Mouse - Deadzone in the middle of steering so can't use that either.

Wheel - 20-30 degree deadzone both left and right.

And yes i do have deadzone in options set to 0

Seriously wtf is this?, never seen so many controller issues with one game. The only alternative is to spend a 130 on a new wheel just to be able to play the game?

Shame proper testing and time wasn't spent on the controls, not like it's important i guess......

Venting done

Platform
    PC
    Hi Damrock, sorryto hear you are having issues.

What wheel do you have??

Have you had a look at the Control pad thread HERE for some of the best settings to use??
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||

Kart Driver
    I have a xbox 360 wireless wheel and a Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 Italia Racing Wheel non ffb(pc) both same with deadzone issue.

Tried my brothers Logitech force GT wheel and works perfectly fine.

I have tried so many different settings for the wheel & gamepad, wheel currently unplayable with the centre deadzone.
    Gamepad feels twitchy and unplayable no matter what settings i try.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Damrock View Post
    I guess this will already have threads but i am venting.

Gamepad - Twitchy as hell, laughable for a trying to play a sim would be fine in a arcade game.

Mouse - Deadzone in the middle of steering so can't use that either.

Wheel - 20-30 degree deadzone both left and right.

And yes i do have deadzone in options set to 0

Seriously wtf is this?, never seen so many controller issues with one game. The only alternative is to spend a 130 on a new wheel just to be able to play the game?

Shame proper testing and time wasn't spent on the controls, not like it's important i guess......

Venting done
    Well that's one problem right there mate... setting Deadzone Removal Range to 0 will give you a big deadzone try something like between 0.1 to even 0.5 maybe.
    The idea of the Deadzone Removal Range is to get rid of the Deadzone, so setting it to 0 will keep the Deadzone you already have on your wheel.
    Looks like you might want 0.25 maybe.

Check out this post and after all the large menu pics you will find instructions on how to determine you Deadzone with a program called Wheelcheck.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...27-SETUP-GUIDE
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 08-06-2015 at 10:54.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Morgan Henstridge

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Well that's one problem right there mate... setting Deadzone Removal Range to 0 will give you a big deadzone try something like between 0.1 to even 0.5 maybe.
    The idea of the Deadzone Removal Range is to get rid of the Deadzone, so setting it to 0 will keep the Deadzone you already have on your wheel.
    Looks like you might want 0.25 maybe.

Check out this post and after all the large menu pics you will find instructions on how to determine you Deadzone with a program called Wheelcheck.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...27-SETUP-GUIDE

Sorry maybe should of been more clear about deadzone.

Steering deadzone is at 0, i've tried about 20 different deadzone removal ranges and none of them do anything to the centre deadzone.

Spent more time trying to get the wheel work than i have actually playing the game, hopefully next patch is out very shortly and fix's the issue if not refund it is.

Only so many times can change a setting, load up track, go back to main menu, change setting, reload track again etc (That's another thing, why cant you just change setting while on track rather than having to go back and forth over and over).

Platform
    PC
    You still haven't said what wheel you are talking about.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kart Driver
    You still haven't said what wheel you are talking about.
    I did further up.

"xbox 360 wireless wheel and a Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 Italia Racing Wheel non ffb"

Platform
    PC
    Ah OK missed that post sorry.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Did you calibrate the wheel properly in the game?
    I had a small amount of deadzone at first as well but setting the deadzone removal range to .10 cleaned it right up
    My brother had a larger deadzone issue but was also cleaned right up by setting the deadzone removal range.

What about the sensitivity setting? I use 100 there I do not know if a low setting would be an issue.

The MSWheel is only a 270 degree rotation wheel haven't tried one of those, what about the other wheel what are the rotation limits on it?
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Ram:16gb DDR4 OS:Win10x64 Pro GPU:GTX 1050 Ti SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M2 HDD: WD Black 1TB
    Wheel: CSR Elite w Clubsport Pedals: Driver: 2.05 FW: 757

Kart Driver
    Ah OK missed that post sorry.
    No problem .