Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unplayable game.

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by HBR-Roadhog View Post
    Did you calibrate the wheel properly in the game?
    I had a small amount of deadzone at first as well but setting the deadzone removal range to .10 cleaned it right up
    My brother had a larger deadzone issue but was also cleaned right up by setting the deadzone removal range.

What about the sensitivity setting? I use 100 there I do not know if a low setting would be an issue.

The MSWheel is only a 270 degree rotation wheel haven't tried one of those, what about the other wheel what are the rotation limits on it?
    Yeah i have tried multiple times with calibrating both wheels, Pretty sure the issue is something to do with it thinking the wheel is a gamepad yet does it with both wheels.

Platform
    PC
    Please continue to help Damrock guys.

I'm having a ball here with my various wheels on Xbox and I want him or her to get the same joy.
    The following user likes this Post: Pr3t3nd3r

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Damrock View Post
    Yeah i have tried multiple times with calibrating both wheels, Pretty sure the issue is something to do with it thinking the wheel is a gamepad yet does it with both wheels.
    Which wheel? MadCatz, TX....
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I had some issues initially calibrating my wheel. First I just turned it full left, hit next, then full right and hit next and it did not work properly. Second time I paid more attention to the text turned it full left, hit next then right to 90 degrees and hit next, still not correct.

When I got it correct I turned it full left, hit next, turned it back past center watching the numeric display and turned it to where it said 900 which was roughly 90 degrees and hit next. Wheel worked as expected then except for a bit of deadzone which i was later able to remove by setting the deadzone removal range to anywhere between .10 and .25 I think i finally settled on .16 as that felt best overall in various cars.

In your case I would think that should read 270 on the calibration. I would think a higher number may result in excess deadzone as the wheel can only turn 270 degrees.

As for thinking it is a game pad can't say as I have long ago gave away my MS Racing Wheel in favor of a Fanatec.
    I have no knowledge of the other wheel you mention, haven't owned a non FFB wheel since the Sega Saturn was popular

What kind of sensitivity settings are you using?
    Have you tried selecting one of the wheel profiles in the game controllers section to see if it helps?
    Last edited by HBR-Roadhog; 08-06-2015 at 16:01.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Ram:16gb DDR4 OS:Win10x64 Pro GPU:GTX 1050 Ti SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M2 HDD: WD Black 1TB
    Wheel: CSR Elite w Clubsport Pedals: Driver: 2.05 FW: 757

Superkart Pilot
    I guess this will already have threads but i am venting.

Gamepad - Twitchy as hell, laughable for a trying to play a sim would be fine in a arcade game.

Mouse - Deadzone in the middle of steering so can't use that either.

Wheel - 20-30 degree deadzone both left and right.

And yes i do have deadzone in options set to 0

Seriously wtf is this?, never seen so many controller issues with one game. The only alternative is to spend a £130 on a new wheel just to be able to play the game?

Shame proper testing and time wasn't spent on the controls, not like it's important i guess......

Venting done
    Just want to clarify. Just because you having issues doesn't mean that everyone will. Of anything less people have issues than those who works right out of the box. So yes they did some extensive tests. Most time the problem with issues it's the user as well. You need to make some adjustments and make sure you have everything reset, right drivers, calibrated. There been times that problem like this lies on other ares that we haven't checked/fixed.

First off, how are you setting the wheels up, as neither is a directly supported device..
    Are you setting them up as a custom wheel or low fidelity custom wheel ?

Ignore all the stuff about deadzone removal range, it's not applicable (it's for removing the FFB deadzone, you appear to have an issue with input deadzone!)

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 16G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Gamepad - Twitchy as hell, laughable for a trying to play a sim would be fine in a arcade game.

Seriously wtf is this?, never seen so many controller issues with one game. The only alternative is to spend a £130 on a new wheel just to be able to play the game?

Shame proper testing and time wasn't spent on the controls, not like it's important i guess......

Venting done

Try the gamepad with deadzone set anywhere from 10-20, or alter the digital rate.
    MSI H87-G43 | Intel i5-4570 3.2GHz | Gigabyte 4Gb GeForce GTX 770 | 16Gb RAM DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Windows 7 64-bit | Porsche GT3 RS v2 with CSR Elite pedals | Asus PB278 2560x1440

YouTube | Motorsport Photos | Screenshots | Steam | François Cevert | Find all of my custom textures here and here | Group C Mod Download + Info

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Venting done
    Try my wrapper and set it up to get raw output