Thread: In car sound not loud enough

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

In car sound not loud enough

Been running some AI races and the sound in my car is too low in relation to the AI cars. I only drive in the cockpit. I don't see an adjustment in the game at this point. Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Are you using cockpit or helmet camera?

Is it any cars or what cars are you using?

Did you adjust any of the sound options?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Are you using cockpit or helmet camera?

Is it any cars or what cars are you using?

Did you adjust any of the sound options?
    Cockpit Any No

Platform
    PC
    Do you have a 2.1 or 5.1 (or higher) sound setup?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Do you have a 2.1 or 5.1 (or higher) sound setup?
    Using Astro A50 headset.To cut to the chase is there a way to adjust your car engine volume vs other cars

Umer Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by winet View Post
    Been running some AI races and the sound in my car is too low in relation to the AI cars. I only drive in the cockpit. I don't see an adjustment in the game at this point. Thanks
    Is it the Z4 GT3? You can hear that one like 1/2 mile away, especially if it's behind you.

Guys: It's just a general "AI sounds" balancing complaint/feedback. Some cars are VERY loud and some very quiet. In the future there could be individual slider controls for the Audio parameters instead of the current 4-5 we have now.
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Using Astro A50 headset.
    That appears to have a 7.1 option. Can you force it to 2.1 and see if you still have the same issue?

To cut to the chase is there a way to adjust your car engine volume vs other cars
    I believe the "Sound Fx" option will lower the other cars. However, it will lower other things as well.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    I have been running a Ford Sierra RS500 in a pack of Sierras, M3s and E190s around Oulton Park in a tight race within the pack and barely could hear my own car, which was completely overpowered by the other cars in the field.
    It felt a bit like running the Ford Sierra with windows wound down minus accompanying wind noises if you would be doing so.

I run pCars with stereo headphones.

I think we need two in game control changes at the minimum:

- sound mix selector to enforce Stereo, 2.1, 5.1, etc
    - optional sound mix optimized for … selector (headphones, …)

- detailed adjustable sound levels for all important details (own car's engine, transmission, brakes, suspension and environment noises, tires, aero, … opponents car's sound levels, environment sounds (spectators, birds, track speakers, pitman, …) the list of details is endless and it would be fantastic if we could tweak this individually at great detail and save as a profile for backup or different sound setups (switching between headphones and big audio system, …
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen
    The following user likes this Post: winet

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    GENETTA ?

The only car so far I have had problems with is the genetta cant remember which one , the lowest bracket genetta .................sound is soooooo low in cockpit cam , the rest seam fine that I have used .