Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No slip streaming effect ?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

No slip streaming effect ?

Is it me or do others find that there is no slip streaming effecdt in the game ?
    Done a lot of racing on the Snetterton 300 track and everytime I slot in behind another car ( the same type) it just blasts away from , so the fact that its a lot faster is one thing when they should be the about the same , but trying to slip stream is non exsisitant ?

Other than that and the AMD issue, I love this game which has now made playing AC redundant !!

And as for the Icons pack , fantastic , 5 cars for £1.99 ???? , Brilliant SMS ....
    Intel i5 quad core 3.6 mhz, 16 gb Ram ,Windows 10
    Nvidia Geforce GTX970 x 2
    Fanatec Club sport Base V2,Fanatec club sport pedals V2,Fanatec CSS Sq
    Triple DELL Ultrasharp 24" in Monitors
    2 DOF Motion rig

Platform
    PC
    There definitely is slipstream ingame. Don't look what the car in front is doing but watch your increased top speed at the end of the straights.
    TBH I even find that the effect is OVERDONE, but that's just my personal opinion that I can't back up with hard numbers.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: doyley101, LADY GEMMA JANE

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Slip streaming exists when the A.I are chasing you but not when you are chasing the A.I.
    I've noticed the same as you .........tuck in behind and the car in front eases away.

Platform
    PC
    Slip stream is definitely there, but it's effect is kept at realistic levels rather than slightly exaggerated.

It might just be that some of the AI issues are contributing to the car in front 'blasting away' rather than a fault with slipstreaming.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following user likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PC

Lightbulb

Quoting the pCARS wiki:
    Project CARS uses real world values for drafting behaviour which some may initially find surprisingly low. But be careful as there is definitely enough drafting power that it can reduce braking and/or turn-in ability for aerodynamic-dependent vehicles.
    The following user likes this Post:

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Exactly what`s happening to me fella , your right ...
    And when the cars are all supposed to be the same makes it a bit crazy when your only chance of catching them and overtaking them is to brake so late and so hard that your wrestling with the car at every turn to gain ground...

So Bealdor , you can come up behind another car then move out of his slipstream and overtake them ?
    Intel i5 quad core 3.6 mhz, 16 gb Ram ,Windows 10
    Nvidia Geforce GTX970 x 2
    Fanatec Club sport Base V2,Fanatec club sport pedals V2,Fanatec CSS Sq
    Triple DELL Ultrasharp 24" in Monitors
    2 DOF Motion rig

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    You can come up behind another car using slip but pull out to overtake and you hit a wall of air, that's my experience and it's an enjoyable pain in the ass.
    I'm often backing off and trying to get better timing for the pass under these conditions.
    [i5 3570K 3.40GHz @ 4.20GHz] [Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77] [8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel]
    [X2 ATI Radeon HD 7950] [5760x1080] [T300rs][Pepperoni Pizza]

I've got the cabinet key!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Luke Townsend, Marrrfooo, Morgan Henstridge

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Since slipstreaming also affects the aerodynamics of your car, I'm assuming that slipstreaming will be more pronounced with the aero-heavy cars such as the FA.
    after all, with the slipstream taking away a lot of downforce in such cases, this takes away more drag than a Renault clio could ever encounter (thus slipstreaming being less pronounced with the clio).
    so my question is, could it be that you haven't tried slipstreaming with aero-dependant cars yet?

I don't have the ingame experience to back this claim up, but that's how I understand it

Platform
    PC
    Its definitely there. And I think its too much of it.
    numbers don't lie
    The following user likes this Post: dodge33cymru

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    If you watch closely some GT3 races you will see even a Mercedes SLS GT3 has some problems overtaking in a slipstream. So there is a slipstream for sure but it's more realistic than in some other games
    Last edited by Pr3t3nd3r; 10-06-2015 at 11:22.