Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donington Park Start/Finish Line Wrong

Platform
    XBOX1

Question Donington Park: Please explain!

This is not a moan... just a genuine query. According to your WMD member >Here< this isn't a bug, but a purposeful addition to the Donington Park Circuit. Please could someone clarify why SMS has moved the Finish Line a few hundred yards down the road?

I know it's probably difficult to put it in its rightful place (a hundred yards BEFORE the Start Line), but why not at least keep the timing line at the Start Line position, like you have done with many other (incorrectly placed) Finish Lines? Rather than putting it all the way down towards Turn One?

Neither the National nor Grand Prix layouts use a finishing line here as all Finish Lines are located in-line with Race Control (in case power is lost to the timing gear and they have to manually record the winner) - which in Donington Park's case, is located above the first block of pit garages you'll see in the top right of this picture - hence why the Finish Line IS in a different place to the Start Line in real life... but nowhere near the one in game!

If this indeed a mistake or crossover to a historical layout, is there a plan to fix the current circuit?

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wed_May_20_22-52-21_UTC+0100_2015.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	203766
    The following 10 users likes this Post: Adamski Alders, Dim0N, doneta, doyley101, evanzo7, GenBrien, Jan Studenski, Mad Jack McMad, ports, yusupov

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've been wondering about this too. I've watched BTCC for over 20 years and the races always end at the finish line as far as I know, so I really don't see the logic in the current setup in the game.

Platform
    PC
    well official map has the finish line close to pit exit,
    so most likely there are different finish lines for different races

gaming pc |Processor| i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz |Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Gene |Graphics| EVGA GTX1070 |Ram| CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2133 Mhz |Controllers|This is how I roll - Xbox360 Controller / DualShock3 PS3 Controller | Fanatec CSW2 + BMW M3 GT2 wheel |homepage| https://plus.google.com/photos/11071...ums?banner=pwa |steam name| nosalisCZ

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrik Marek View Post
    well official map has the finish line close to pit exit,
    so most likely there are different finish lines for different races
    By that logic, the start line should also be down by pit exit. In reality, for all car and bike races, the Finish Line is by the pit entrance (outside race control - for reasons previously stated) and the Start Line is where it is in-game. I'm sure anyone who's ever been to, or watched racing from Donington will confirm this. It's bizarre lol. You can even see the proper Finish Line in-game, it's halfway down the grid, before the Start Line.

Last edited by Mr Akina; 20-05-2015 at 23:21.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: evanzo7, Hengist

https://www.facebook.com/Hengtek.Enterprises
    Platform
    PS4
    Great vid mate and happy memories from the event.
    The following user likes this Post: LADY GEMMA JANE

Platform
    PS4
    This is a genuine question: Does it really matter all that much?
    Really no offense!
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    This is a genuine question: Does it really matter all that much?
    Really no offense!
    None taken But if you go through all the trouble to design the track, why not make it right?
    The following 10 users likes this Post: apexatspeed, Dim0N, doyley101, F1_Racer68, Human_bean, MaXKiLLz, Pink_650S, Rht54, ukfan758, yusupov

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I remember that race and it was excellent.... but most BTCC races are.

See guys real life racers make mistakes and go of the track as well....
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 3 users likes this Post: evanzo7, F1_Racer68, Hengist

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    See guys real life racers make mistakes and go of the track as well....
    That was no mistake Any ideas about that Finish Line Roger? Sorry to drag you into it lol

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah I know but I didn't know how else to put it in a short short sentence.

I have asked the question over on the WMD forums and the reply's at the moment are don't know as well... waiting to hear from a Dev.
    I've been driving that track for 4 years and have gotten used to it myself... as do others.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 3 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GenBrien, Mr Akina