Thread: I came 1st but I didn't...

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

I came 1st but I didn't...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this? Also - tried to search for similar thread...

I won a race on Monza a couple of nights ago and came 1st with 2nd about 1m directly behind me. On completion the race results screen showed me in 2nd and 2nd in 1st. Initially I thought it may be a latency issue, maybe he was actually alongside me (from his perspective). But chatting afterwards he was as confused as me, as he confirmed he was in fact 1m directly behind me. Is this a known bug?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by -carbo- View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this? Also - tried to search for similar thread...

I won a race on Monza a couple of nights ago and came 1st with 2nd about 1m directly behind me. On completion the race results screen showed me in 2nd and 2nd in 1st. Initially I thought it may be a latency issue, maybe he was actually alongside me (from his perspective). But chatting afterwards he was as confused as me, as he confirmed he was in fact 1m directly behind me. Is this a known bug?
    It happened to me. I beat a guy and it showed him beating me with the same exact time, but I am 100% sure he was behind me (not even next to me) and there was no way he was in front.

PS: Im on PS4 so it may not only be a PC thing.

Superkart Pilot Motorhead Racer's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    happened a few times to me, and not just 1st place, I finished 2nd, over took the guy on the last corner of the last lap, he said great overtake, and yet game showed him finishing in front of me?!
    CPU: AMD BULLDOZER EIGHT CORE FX-8150 (3.60GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
    Motherboard:ASUS® M5A97: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
    RAM:16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
    GPU: Geforce GTX 750Ti (Temp replacement)

Platform
    PC
    Recently I finished passing the same, he was second fighting positions between the 1st and 3rd, to finish the race, comes 2nd another broker who was not even fighting for the top, until it was surprised by the 2nd place.

Platform
    PS4
    Happened to me recently as well. I know I was easily two car lengths in front of the guy behind me. I'm on PS4.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    So must be a bug then...

Platform
    PC
    I had this too, in an Online race, there the difference was 0.3 sec, I was 2nd, and he came 3rd, yet the results showed him 2nd and me 3rd.
    For me it was at Road America

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've had this happen as well. I was way ahead of anyone, started from pole and never saw anyone ahead of me, yet I came second in the results. I was also over one second faster/lap than anyone on the server. This was at Monza driving a GT3.
    Intel I5 4570 @ 3.20GHz, 12288MB RAM, DirectX 12, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Geforce GTX1070 8GB, Asus Xonar PCIe audio. Oculus Rift. Thrustmaster T500RS