Thread: I bought it because of Mr Bell

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

I bought it because of Mr Bell

I tried Project Cars at a friend's house, enjoyed it but decided to stick to Assetto Corsa for a while until most bugs are ironed out. In the meantime, I kept following events in this forum. What led me to finally close the purchase was having a team head who behaves like a real person and not like a pre-programmed robot, taking flak, answering questions and being honest to the point of rudeness. I like that. It's a breath of fresh air and it makes me believe in the product. Not to mention that this forum is quite entertaining and sometimes very funny.

Anyway, here we are. Notwithstanding the graphics in Project Cars, which blow anything else out of the water, I still like Assetto Corsa better - it is a more polished and intuitive product, driving feels more authentic, and it allows mods. On the other hand, it lacks something that PC does quite well - controlling menus with wheel buttons. I do believe Project Cars has ample room to grow (so much so that Microsoft is reportedly hurrying the development of Forza 6 to counter it) and, given the level of engagement from developers & users alike that I feel here, it's certainly nice to become a part of this community.

So kudos do you, Mr. Bell. If you are indeed a pre-programmed robot, it's a remarkable AI job.

Superkart Pilot Martini Da Gasalini's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aleph99 View Post
    I tried Project Cars at a friend's house, enjoyed it but decided to stick to Assetto Corsa for a while until most bugs are ironed out. In the meantime, I kept following events in this forum. What led me to finally close the purchase was having a team head who behaves like a real person and not like a pre-programmed robot, taking flak, answering questions and being honest to the point of rudeness. I like that. It's a breath of fresh air and it makes me believe in the product. Not to mention that this forum is quite entertaining and sometimes very funny.

Anyway, here we are. Notwithstanding the graphics in Project Cars, which blow anything else out of the water, I still like Assetto Corsa better - it is a more polished and intuitive product, driving feels more authentic, and it allows mods. On the other hand, it lacks something that PC does quite well - controlling menus with wheel buttons. I do believe Project Cars has ample room to grow (so much so that Microsoft is reportedly hurrying the development of Forza 6 to counter it) and, given the level of engagement from developers & users alike that I feel here, it's certainly nice to become a part of this community.

So kudos do you, Mr. Bell. If you are indeed a pre-programmed robot, it's a remarkable AI job.

I agree, our Bald Wookie is not the norm in this business, and I like his give it to you frankness as well.
    "I still think this is a crock of caca" - LordDRIFT

"I like the old cars, give me these things, throw the computers out of'em, throw everything out of'em, just give me the momentum of throwing the thing sideways around a corner and I am happy chappy" - ImbecileNerd

Kart Driver
    Even though I've never seen an image of him, here's how I picture Mr Bell:

I'd show you the other ways I like to picture him, but NSFW and all that.....

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I routinely get popcorn before reading this forum. It ALWAYS pays off...

Seriously, +1 to Ian, +1 to these forums, and +1 for the game. Keep making it great!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Even though I've never seen an image of him, here's how I picture Mr Bell:

I'd show you the other ways I like to picture him, but NSFW and all that.....
    this is how i picture him

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_leia20and20chewbacca.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	207233
    [HOME THEATRE PC BUILD] [case] Bitfenix Prodigy black [mobo] Gigabyte Z77-N [primary drive] SSD 128gb [secondary drive] something by seagate 2tb [processor] intel i5 3790 [graphics card] Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660 Windorce overclocked edition 2gb [RAM] G-Skills ripjaws 2x4gb [water cooling] a potato
    GAMING SINCE MARIO WAS CHASING DONKEY!!!!!

Platform
    PC
    This is how I picture him
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post940070

@Mario Navarrete - your avatar is blasphemy!

No, seriously - blasphemy.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    No, this is the real Ian:

http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/team - no photo, just a picture made out of words ... Oh, scroll down, you'll find him last on the list.