Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using DLC cars without having bought it

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Using DLC cars without having bought it

So I was in a lobby on PS4 and the host set all cars to be the same, Bentley Continental GT3. I played online with the a car that I dont have in my garage, because I don't have the new DLC.

Even after the host left and the game let me be the host, I still could use the car.

Is this a bug or a feature?
    Last edited by Steam; 11-06-2015 at 19:15.

Platform
    PS4
    So if you could drive the car fine without having downloaded the DLC and there hasn't been an update since the cars have come out... What did the people who downloaded the DLC actually download?
    Last edited by apexatspeed; 11-06-2015 at 19:12.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by apexatspeed View Post
    So if you could drive the car fine without having downloaded the DLC and there hasn't been an update since the cars have come out... What did the people who downloaded the DLC actually download?
    File size: 1.1MB

How can the cars, the sounds, the paints, have so small size?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    They would have been there in some way already and have been granted access or unlocked if you like or they're the same as another car with updated sound and or body shape is my guess...
    If the time is there, it's there to take.
    Digital Time Attack

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    or they don't take up as much space as we would think ????
    If the time is there, it's there to take.
    Digital Time Attack

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ToOSk3tChY View Post
    or they don't take up as much space as we would think ????
    I'm pretty sure all future DLC are in the game, because there was a leaked list of the DLC and the first pack confirmed the list was real. There are even videos from weeks agoo with a guy using all these new 5 cars. PC modders/hackers can access all this locked content.

I dont blame SMS, because they deverve all the money they can get.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    I'm pretty sure all future DLC are in the game, because there was a leaked list of the DLC and the first pack confirmed the list was real. There are even videos from weeks agoo with a guy using all these new 5 cars. PC modders/hackers can access all this locked content.

I dont blame SMS, because they deverve all the money they can get.

As said several times by the devs, some models are in the original release but not complete, so when you buy it you download the final versions of physics and minor upgrades, and obviously the right to use the dlc cars whenever you want, online or offline. The fact that those who didn't bought the dlc can use the cars in online lobbies with car restriction is a feature, so you will not be kicked of a lobby because you do not have the car, but you have what the lobby host tell you to race. Who bought the packs can race the cars in comunity events, time trials, solo racings, free practices and even future career events.

Dome DLC may be already in the game, some not.

About the size of the download, it doesn't matter because it's diferent between platforms, the PS4 is 1.1 but the xbox one is 9.5, the same size as a forza car pack dlc.

Platform
    PS4
    I get that, but if he was driving the car just fine we can't say for sure the Continental GT3 wasn't already finished.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I get that, but if he was driving the car just fine we can't say for sure the Continental GT3 wasn't already finished.
    I think online car data is handled by the host, who have all the data needed to do that, and maybe that data is temporally transfered to the clients for the race duration. But those are just supositions.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SOi TheReaper View Post
    I think online car data is handled by the host, who have all the data needed to do that, and maybe that data is temporally transfered to the clients for the race duration. But those are just supositions.
    That could be correct I honestly have no idea. I was simply providing the question for discussion.
    The following user likes this Post: TheReaper GT