Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster TX vs Logitech G920?

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Question Thrustmaster TX vs Logitech G920?

Do you guys think that I should go ahead and buy the Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia or wait until the newly announced Logitech G G920 wheel comes out in October? The Logitech wheel will have a 3 pedal set w/ clutch and a leather rim. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pro...-driving-force

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    i'm a bit biased, having just purchased a TX myself, but with the G920 getting the short end of the stick from Logitech (same price, but fewer buttons and no LEDs vs. the G29) and the fact that you'll definitely pay the full 399 for it at launch vs. the TX which is at least 100+ cheaper on most sites (even with the low stocks and slight price gouging going on right now), I would pull the trigger on the TX and put the savings toward either a rim or the pedals you want. all in, you might end up spending about the same for a 3-pedal kit with shifter and a leather rim if you shop around.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A little bit pricey for me but the G920 wheel does look good especially having a clutch pedal. Other than that the Fanatec wheel also looks interesting but a very high price.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    G920 uses old tech.

This is 2015 guys.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AtomicSphincter, Awong124, BiggNasty187, cplzell

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I can only speak for the TX wheel, and that wheel is in my opinion, an amazing experience with Project CARS!

Too much money for the Logitec, and Thrustmaster makes so many great add-ons...
    My setup: Xbox One X, LG OLED 65" 4K tv, Thrustmaster TX base, F599XX EVO 30 wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA-PRO pedals, Logitec keyboard, DSD adapter, Isotta aftermarket rim, Jamo 5.1 Surround system!
    The following user likes this Post: Mbondracing

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by EX0TiC View Post
    Do you guys think that I should go ahead and buy the Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia or wait until the newly announced Logitech G G920 wheel comes out in October? The Logitech wheel will have a 3 pedal set w/ clutch and a leather rim. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pro...-driving-force
    Buy now. You'll have 4 month's more fun, racing pCars with a wheel.
    The following user likes this Post: stux

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Has to be thrustmaster. The g920 is going to be overpriced POS. it's using 20 year old tec.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BiggNasty187, cplzell

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm with everyone here. The G27 was a great wheel for its time in 2007. I own basically a new G27 which I bought for $199 CDN. It's a great wheel for that price but the G920 is $300 more, the wheel is $499 Canadian and for what, a newer rim? It still has the old tech from 2007 and it's stripped off of the shifter, which is $59 extra. So for $550 Canadian you can get the G920 with old technology or buy the TX for around $500 with both the T3PA and TH8A add-ons and new tech.... That's not really a hard decision. On top of it all, why doesn't Logitech just release these drivers they have for the G920/G29 so users of G27 can use that wheel if they choose to? I mean they have sold a lot of those wheels and fans aren't happy about the lack of support.
    The following user likes this Post: BiggNasty187

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Wait, they are still not using brushless motors, are you kidding! That makes it a dinosaur before it's even out. And they want $100 more than a Thrustmaster TX, what are they thinking? I use Thrustmaster TX and it's amazing, strong force feedback while remaining smooth. I have used a G27 paired with GT6 at a friends house and it was ok at best, really gritty feeling from the brushed motor. I recommend the TX.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Benja190782 View Post
    I can only speak for the TX wheel, and that wheel is in my opinion, an amazing experience with Project CARS!

Too much money for the Logitec, and Thrustmaster makes so many great add-ons...
    Th8a shifter is far superior to the g25 and g27 ones I used. Although I still use my g27 pedals with an adaptor I like the feel of them. For my money I love the tx....
    Pc, thrustmaster TX, TH8a, fanatec v3i pedals, wheel stand pro v2
    Mobo - asus crosshair v formula z gaming, 24gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz, amd 8320 8 core @ 4.2 ghz, gtx 1070.