Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [HowTo] Shared Memory (API) App

Platform
    PS4
    Very interesting thread, however I'm a complete newbie to programming but would love to create an app that incorporates my pit strategy calculator, this could update with live data as the race develops for example if it rains the fuel consumption will and pit stop lap will change along with fuel needed in pits for longer races.

Also with the las test developments regarding the possibility of PS4 apps I'd love to use it myself. I'd be more than happy for a current developer to add the feature to any current app, I don't want anything in return apart from the use of the app.

info here
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...UDES-DOWNLOAD)
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

What real-time data would be needed from the API?
    CPU: i5-4690 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | GPU: NVIDIA GTX970 4GB | STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio | DISPLAYS: Samsung H5030 32" | WHEEL: Thrustmaster T300 RS | PEDALS: Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by R74NN View Post
    What real-time data would be needed from the API?
    fuel consumption is the main one needed, current lap, average lap time help work out time gained/lost.

If race distance (laps) fuel tank size needs to be pre entered or the info could be pulled from the game that would be better. Not a lot is needed, I can do a more detailed response including formulas later
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

I could put together a simple desktop app, that could run on the second monitor or in the background. But I need complete info how it should work.
    CPU: i5-4690 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | GPU: NVIDIA GTX970 4GB | STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | AUDIO: Realtek HD Audio | DISPLAYS: Samsung H5030 32" | WHEEL: Thrustmaster T300 RS | PEDALS: Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    I could put together a simple desktop app, that could run on the second monitor or in the background. But I need complete info how it should work.
    see my spreadsheet for everything (see sig for download Open Office) , where there is input if they could be from the game it would make it more accurate. Could this be compatible with PS4 as that's the platform I'm on, I know early discussions have happened?

thank you
    YouTube Channel

Nope, PS4 can't take advantage of the API or broadcast any information from the game. It will have to be run on the PC the game runs on. Another possibility would be make it a mobile application (I'm only doing Windows Phone 8.1/10 apps though) - but it would be completely offline, no information taken from the game, you would have to enter all data manually, just like your spreadsheet.

Platform
    PS4
    Nope, PS4 can't take advantage of the API or broadcast any information from the game. It will have to be run on the PC the game runs on. Another possibility would be make it a mobile application (I'm only doing Windows Phone 8.1/10 apps though) - but it would be completely offline, no information taken from the game, you would have to enter all data manually, just like your spreadsheet.
    you may find this interesting

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1094407
    YouTube Channel

Well,

1. it is not confirmed Sony would officially allow something like that, even if it would work in the end and
    2. I don't have a PS4 and
    3. I'm a Microsoft platform developer and
    4. taking all above in consideration, I probably won't be the right person for the job
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Well,

1. it is not confirmed Sony would officially allow something like that, even if it would work in the end and
    2. I don't have a PS4 and
    3. I'm a Microsoft platform developer and
    4. taking all above in consideration, I probably won't be the right person for the job
    I appreciate the responds, thank you
    YouTube Channel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    hmm ... I just tried using MoTec i2, and it didn't seem to work. Is this software compatible with pCars? It's my preferred post-race telemetry analysis app. Always used it with Race 07 and GTR2.
    otherwise I guess I'll use pCars Profiler