Thread: Initial thoughts on the PS4 patch 1.4

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC

Initial thoughts on the PS4 patch 1.4

Managed to nip home for lunch and try the patch (a benefit of living a couple of hundred metres from work..!)

Initial thoughts:

The temporal level adjustment is awesome. I found '10' (default is 20, max 100) gave a perfectly clear image but added some good faux 'motion blur'. With TL completely off frame drops and tearing seemed more noticable, but this could have been placebo. Didn't notice AF/AA improvements but the altering the TA made the image so much better it was hard to tell.

My Fanatec GT2 is now recognised properly as a Porsche wheel (wrong exact model in the graphic, but whatevs), and the Playstation-mapped buttons now light up correctly. Worked perfectly (inc shifters and pedals) without calibration. ZERO deadzone (flipping awesome - how did I manage before?)

FFB is now explosively strong on my previous defaults. Do NOT worry about FFB strength. I haven't tweaked any of the detail settings but had to set the overall FFB slider to 20% to stop the wheel getting ripped out of my hands. Much glorious tweaking ahead, but it already feels very detailed and tactile.

Good, good stuff. Looking forward to a long weekend of racing (and tweaking) ahead. Thanks guys, it was worth the wait..!
    Last edited by Mascot; 12-06-2015 at 12:33.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ironik, Max Kelly

Banned
    My gt2 doesn't work still, same issues as before. Just about over it really

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by murph51 View Post
    My gt2 doesn't work still, same issues as before. Just about over it really
    That's a shame. Faulty hardware? Latest firmware?

Forgot to add above: brake light reflections on the tarmac are really noticable now, even on dry roads. It looks amazing. Such a small detail, but a really effective one.
    Last edited by Mascot; 12-06-2015 at 13:01.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following user likes this Post: chig88

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Not noticed any difference but i mostly play online and with formula a. I was expecting something to be done to the community challenges/time trial ghost data as there is rarely a ghost to race as there is no ghost data which sucks and puts me off doing them. At first i thought it was cheat times but after searching the forum found out its a crazy system and people can manipulate it so you cant see there laps. Multiplayer is still lagging a lot, still get called in for fuel even though i have enough and cant get rid of the annoying box that comes up with the requst, voip is still dodgy and if i lose a wheel whilst quallifying i still go out without a wheel on the next run. That was only one race so i'll see later whats changed i suppose.

forgot this, when veiwing a replay of a lil qualli session i done on single player it changed the ai times again and put me at the back of the grid this happens everytime i watch a replay of my qualli on single player mode hence i dont play much single player anymore as i like to watch the replays after the session.

Platform
    PS4
    What does the Temporal Level do?
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    What does the Temporal Level do?
    It allows you to tweak the 'ghosting' (double image) visual effect on PS4. The lower the value, the less the effect. Default (20) is apparently a much 'cleaner' image than previously. I have it set at '10' for now.

The slider was introduced on Ian's instruction after complaints from some PS4 users.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JimBowL_, Pink_650S

Platform
    PS4
    Oh man, I have a Fanatec GT2 as well and I am stoked to try the new patch out!! I will hopefully have the chance tonight.
    The following user likes this Post: Mascot

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KID--A View Post
    Oh man, I have a Fanatec GT2 as well and I am stoked to try the new patch out!! I will hopefully have the chance tonight.
    It's night and day. You will not be disappointed.

Beware FFB strength though. Try overall 20% at first. My previous settings pre-patch were explosive with the new patch, far too strong.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    Managed to nip home for lunch and try the patch (a benefit of living a couple of hundred metres from work..!)

Initial thoughts:

The temporal level adjustment is awesome. I found '10' (default is 20, max 100) gave a perfectly clear image but added some good faux 'motion blur'. With TL completely off frame drops and tearing seemed more noticable, but this could have been placebo. Didn't notice AF/AA improvements but the altering the TA made the image so much better it was hard to tell.

My Fanatec GT2 is now recognised properly as a Porsche wheel (wrong exact model in the graphic, but whatevs), and the Playstation-mapped buttons now light up correctly. Worked perfectly (inc shifters and pedals) without calibration. ZERO deadzone (flipping awesome - how did I manage before?)

FFB is now explosively strong on my previous defaults. Do NOT worry about FFB strength. I haven't tweaked any of the detail settings but had to set the overall FFB slider to 20% to stop the wheel getting ripped out of my hands. Much glorious tweaking ahead, but it already feels very detailed and tactile.

Good, good stuff. Looking forward to a long weekend of racing (and tweaking) ahead. Thanks guys, it was worth the wait..!
    Im done, "location" on your profile is set to "boarder patrol" LMAO ahahahahahaha LMAO LMAO