Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Please, where is the No car Tune options (multiplayer)!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Because we're gamers not engineers. And if I want a competitive race with another gamer with the same car at 100%, this is the best option. Obviously this option is for those people who want put force default settings: "yes", if you don't like is simple as put "no" in your lobby and you could keep playing as a engineer-gamer.

In another way, SMS need to get improve the pit stop when force default settings are ON.

Platform
    XBOX1
    hahaha I am far from an engineer. Like i said just surprises me that this is added and a simple option to force line off is completely ignored even after a thread longer than this one was made. To be honest the majority of cars due to the preselected inputs there truly arent that many options to tune the car, with the exception of the lmp1, fa, fB most cars do not have that many tunable options. Sure there are 20 different things you can adjust but each one only has 4-5 preselected settings they can use.
    PTG Home

Race Team
    Tester

WMD Member
    Is it my bad memory, or can you change brake balance (while on track) on at least the BMW M3 GT, when "forced default setups" is active in a server?

Has anyone tried changing front and rear roll bar values on the fly with any cars, while on track, when "forced default setups" is active?

The point at which pit crews will replace worn tyres with the same compound appears tricky to determine currently, I've pitted with >80% tyre wear and still not been given replacement dry slicks.

The current point at which pit crews will replace dry slicks with rain tyres, after it has started raining, appears a little tricky to determine. I've pitted once when it started raining ~30 seconds previous (with accelerated weather progression IIRC) to not be given new tyres, I had to complete another tricky lap to then pit again and get rain tyres.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    Is it my bad memory, or can you change brake balance (while on track) on at least the BMW M3 GT, when "forced default setups" is active in a server?

Has anyone tried changing front and rear roll bar values on the fly with any cars, while on track, when "forced default setups" is active?

The point at which pit crews will replace worn tyres with the same compound appears tricky to determine currently, I've pitted with >80% tyre wear and still not been given replacement dry slicks.

The current point at which pit crews will replace dry slicks with rain tyres, after it has started raining, appears a little tricky to determine. I've pitted once when it started raining ~30 seconds previous (with accelerated weather progression IIRC) to not be given new tyres, I had to complete another tricky lap to then pit again and get rain tyres.
    Yes, it's a absolutely caos! We need any option to select if we want only to change the tires and not to touch the pressures.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PTG Baby Cow View Post
    Not really sure why this was added but an option to remove the line wasnt added.... Im all for more options but this to me sounded like :,( i cant tune and other people can so give me the option to make it so they cant tune either. In even spec racing IRL people can tune their cars. Spec miata can adjust the fuel flow, tyre pressure, suspension, tyres, ride height, alignment, etc.... and thats a spec series. Not sure why you would want to force default setup in GT, LMP, or F1 as those obviously have highly adjustable setups.
    I do like the idea for fixed setups. But there are some things you should still be able to adjust.
    Just to make the car drivable.
    In general, before even driven one meter, I put the brake balance forward by about 5%. Why? It works for the AI and pad drivers, but for me as a wheel user it gives an immediate rear lock up when hitting the brakes. Maybe ABS would counteract this, but I am running with no assists. Putting the balance forward with ~5% gives a neutral brake balance.
    PS4 / T300RS+T3PA+TH8A / WheelStandPro / DIY ButtonBox / Manual Gears + No Assists
    PSN MTH-34