Thread: Single Player AI Car Selection Changes

Kart Driver

Single Player AI Car Selection Changes

On Solo mode, something has been annoying me for quite a while. The cars the AI drive. The selections of "Multi-Class", "Same Class" and "Identical" frustrate me as I can't have a normal Le Mans race, or a mix of cars that I want to race against. Same class works if you just want something like a GT3 race, but if you want just GT3 and GT4 cars you are out of luck as you are forced to race with Group cars, GT1 cars and the GT5 Ginettas. This can be quite damaging to the experience of the race.
    If I want a custom Le Mans race, so I have LMP1, LMP2, GT3 and GT4 that is also impossible because I can't race across classes. Even if the option was available to have GT and Prototype cars in a race I'd then be forced to race with cars I don't want in the race, although the randomness of having a Ford MKIV against a SLS AMG can be fun the first few times, it gets annoying and frustrating after a while.
    On Multi-Class due to the amount of cars with different liveries on there I pretty much never see the Bentley GT3, Audi R18 or the Speed 8.
    An easy was around this would be to have a simple screen in Event Setup that would allow you to choose which cars to race against. If I want a Clio Cup againt a RWD LMP1, why can't I have it? If I want a Le Mans race why can't I have it? If I want a race with all the Group cars in which includes Touring, Prototype and the GT cars, why can't I have it? Even ToCA Race Driver had it!

I really hope the ability to select which cars you race against is added in soon because it really puts me off racing on Solo.

Thanks for reading
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Cornflex, dremarcos, Flamingo, FS7, mogens, Vendrah, viperconcept, wolby2010

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Yep, my frustration also. On this point the career on X1 is still broke due to weather and tire issues with AI. Figured I go play some Le Mans multi class in solo. Just weird cars all over in one big 45 car race. No classes at all actually just different cars...:/ I think a feature which gives control over basicly every part of the game is needed. Something like Forza 4 had in online races would give massive control over what type of race you are driving.

Platform
    PC
    Seriously this i a big issue I hope they can resolve soon. I absolutely hate having to race GT3 against these slow and annoying GT5 Ginetta's. They always seem to be in worst positions blocking faster cars from proceeding. Half the time I get into accidents with the GT5's because the AI slams on the brakes to avoid rear ending them instead of passing. Please just give us the option to choose what cars/classes you want to have race against you. Heck let us pick each specific AI car so you can avoid the randomness of not having certain cars show up (Ie. Bentley, Audi R18, Mclaren).

Platform
    PS4
    I think this is currently a big hole in PC's all-round authenticity, and surely one that would be pretty easy to put in. I'm a bit fed up of finding BMW V12 LMRs and Sauber C9s in a modern prototype field, as you said it's fun initially then just way too random. Am hoping this comes in fairly quick.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    This could be a good solution for the multiclass missing features (aka we cant create decent multiclass races).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've spend a lot of time this evening searching for this particular post. It's good to see there are more people with this issue. After the Le Mans 24H I tried to recreate the race with different types of classes, but was left in despair. As pCARS is said to be the ultimate driver/racing game, It is certainly a big loss. So hopefully in the near future we can have races that have a decent multi-class in it.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Heck, let me even assign certain cars to specific drivers. That could allow for a bit more personalization in car liveries.