Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why you should not buy the "new" Logitech G29

Platform
    PS4
    There is no PC support for the older Logitech wheels either. They work because it's impossible to stop PC support, simple as that. The only way to drop support for something is a new system/console. PC is always the same system, only a new Windows can make a Wheel stop working, but that normally don't happens. And if happens, the Wheel is REALLY old and maybe you should buy a new one

For example, if PS3 version of PCars wasn't cancelled, the Driving Force GT and G25/G27 would work there too
    Last edited by J.P.Montoya; 13-06-2015 at 19:25.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by muscular View Post
    Problem is with Sony, not logitech.
    not true
    ps4 pro - playseat challenge - t500rs XVR-Racing (psn community) psnid RSlicker

Platform
    PC
    Logitech has a credibility issue here, whether or not its Sonys fault IMO.

Logitech bosts about durability, it can be made out of titanium, if Sony decides not to support the wheel, like with the g27, then the customer's are left with a durable wheel that doesn't work....want tobsell the g29? Get Sony to accept the g27...or logitech, get the proper licence so your customers can use thr wheel they paid good money for...otherwise its a $300 paper weight.

Platform
    PC
    The other manufacturers wheels work, so can the g27, logitech needs to get the license to do so..they don't want to spend the money.

Platform
    PC
    Its not that they dont want to spend the money to get their older wheels working, its that if they were to do that they would lose potential sales on the G29.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29

Platform
    PS4
    The more I look at that wheel the more I realise what a complete f**king joke it is (sorry for the language).

It's just a mishmash of leftover parts from the G27 & DFGT.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88

Platform
    PS4
    I owned a DFGT. I loved that wheel to death. I just hope the wheel selector is map able for turning up and down brake bais.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    Every wheel manufacturer who wants to make his ffb wheel compatible for the next gen consoles has to pay Immersion.
    Immersion is owner of the ffb technology used in every ffb wheel.
    Fanatec has chosen to do this with their previous and current wheels. Logitech has chosen to do this only for the current new wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoplee139 View Post
    Could you point me to where everyone gets this. I have read this on many forums but would like to know how this is contracted. It is my understanding that in the case of a patent that the royalty is paid for each device that uses it, not every time the device is used. So wouldn't the royalty be payed out when your wheel was created. Now on the other hand if the patent is based on a technology (not a physical item) then would not the game developer pay the royalty to use the technology in their game. Or lastly if it is a technology that is based on the console would it not be up to Sony to pay the royalty for adding the technology to their console.

My point is if Immersion is to blame for a technology what makes it more unique to the consoles xbox and ps4 and not the PC. To me something here does not add up as All 3 devices have force feedback support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker_VR View Post
    not true
    have a look over the actual Settlement.
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/...nmicrosoft.pdf

If you read the Whole thing...
    It covers the older Consoles but doesn't cover future consoles, which includes the PS4
    Sony would Have to Pay huge $$$ and Royalties, to Allow Legacy Wheel Support on the PS4.
    This would be Paid to Immersion, not to Logitech.

So from that perspective,
    It's Sony and Immersion who are to blame for No Legacy Wheel Support.

Why can the G29 be Allowed?
    Sony and Logitech entered into a new Agreement for the G29, I'm sure Logitech will pay Immersion for each Wheel sold, so that satisfies them.
    It's all Political BS. and we Consumers are the ones who Suffer and Pay for it all...

But there isn't any current Legacy Support, because Someone would have to Pay Immersion a royalty fee..
    Why not just have each consumer who uses their Legacy Logitech wheel pay a one time Fee..
    5$, 10$, 25$ what ever that fee must be..
    I'm Sure Legacy Wheel owners would pay it, not to have to buy a whole new wheel.

Pay a fee, get a DLC code that Unlocks Legacy Wheel Support.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us
    The following 2 users likes this Post: -Brick_Top-, Martini Da Gasalini

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    @wyldanimal, after reading the court transcript it appears to me that a royalty is payed on a game basis not a device basis. That being so, then Sony would already have paid that fee per game, As the thrustmaster, logitech and fanatec wheels all use that technology the royalty would already be owed for each game sold regardless of which wheel was used. That actually makes the matter worse as sony would already be paying for the technology by the royalty in each game meaning Immersion has nothing to do with whether or not the older wheels are supported as it would be no additional cost. I think that is why there was no mention of future consoles because the patent is based on the technology and was to be paid by each game using it whether or not the end user used a wheel or hand controller as long as it supports the FFB.
    Last edited by hoplee139; 15-06-2015 at 17:47.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
    Its not that they dont want to spend the money to get their older wheels working, its that if they were to do that they would lose potential sales on the G29.
    They already lost a singnificant number. Those of is who are so ticked off that we decided logicrap dont deserve any more money off us and jumped ship. I wouldnt have bought the g29 at half the price. They already screwed me once, not happening again. My logicrap wheel worked perfectly when it was retired on buying a ps4. Probably still works perfectly, just not where i needed it to. Now a happy tm customer. Happier still to see that the g29 is just a rehash of the g27, though less happy that they are charging a premium to those who are going the logicrap route, and apparently have been working on the g29 for eighteen months. Thats eighteen months where they kept previous model buyers in the dark while they worked out how to screw us over again.