Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec or Thrustmaster

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Fanatec or Thrustmaster

Hi guys,

I am currently playing pCARS on ps4 with a pad. I have a T300rs on order (which i haven't paid for yet) and it has been on order for quite a while.
    I guess i am after other peoples experience with these wheels, should i continue to wait for the T300 or just buy a Fanatec?
    I am in Australia and the T300rs is gonna set me back $490au. On the Fanatec website i can currently buy a Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel and CSR Pedals for $300au or a
    Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel and CSR Elite Pedals for $330au.

I am not worried about the price difference, all i want is a quality wheel and pedal set that works!

Now i know there are quite a few people complaining about the quality of the t300 but we know it is fully compatible with the ps4 where i have never heard complaints about the quality of the Fanatec wheels but i read that there has been problems with getting it to work properly on the ps4.

So i am asking people with these Fanatec wheels, are you having problems on the ps4 or do they work fine?

Thanks in advance

Platform
    PS4
    Get ready....you're about to receive multiple view points in this thread...I've never used a fanatec, but I know some who own them. From a quality stand point I've heard it's very good. I own a Thrustmaster T100 and have been happy. The positive in a T300 is its designed compatibility to a PS4. I'm not any help, but I will be interested to see the responses you receive in this thread.
    PS4
    PSN: Helmethead1031
    Thrustmaster T100

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have no opinion on Fanatec since I have never used one. I got my T300 back in December of last year, at first to play Driveclub, but also in anticipation of PCARS. It's my first FFB wheel and I love it. It's totally changed how racing games feel. I've owned non FFB wheels before and was never super happy with them. But after months of driving with the T300, I can't go back. In fact, when I'm hit with a problem that disables FFB, I suddenly feel like I'm driving blind. The difference is huge.

So I guess I'm just saying is that, while the T300 is fantastic, I suspect any FFB wheel is going to add tremendously to your experience in any racing game that supports it.

Platform
    PS4
    I would rather have the T300, just because it has full PS4 compatibility. If you only plan on playing PCARS then it doesn't really matter, since PCARS is compatible with Fanatec wheels. But it's not guaranteed to work in other games. I don't really have an opinion on the quality of the wheel. I've never even seen a Fanatec wheel in person, let alone use.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjaw View Post
    So I guess I'm just saying is that, while the T300 is fantastic, I suspect any FFB wheel is going to add tremendously to your experience in any racing game that supports it.
    I should probably add that i do currently own a G25 that i used with my ps3 but obviously cant use it with the ps4 so i do know what a fantastic experience it is to use a FFB wheel. I might even be able to use the G25 pedals with a Fanatec wheel, i dont know.

Awong124 is right about support though. We don't know if other games will support Fanatec wheels but we know a T300 will always be supported!

Platform
    PS4
    I have a GT2 and since the patch it's been good. It was rough at first. It's the only wheel I have ever owned, so I have nothing to compare it to... But I have haf it for years with no issues, but I think my load cell in my brake is going bad currently. The wheel and pedals feel like high quality and it provides a great experience when things are working well. I would recommend the GT2 to my friends. So I think it's a good wheel. I hope this helps in some way!

Platform
    PS4
    My friend went from g25 to fanatec 911gt 2 he loves it and says that whilst he enjoyed the g25 it's a totally different league. I haven't had the chance to try his fanatec yet but from everything he's told me and everything I have read about thrustmaster then I would go fanatec all day every day.
    Customer services is extremely bad at best with fanatac but the products are pretty well made and speak for themselves.

Good luck with whatever route you choose.
    Enjoy what ever wheel you decide to purchase
    PS4, UE65HU8500, Rseat rs1, Fanatec CSW V2, Fanatec CSP V3, Fanatec CSS V1.5 sq, BMW GT3 wheel rim, F1 wheel rim & butt kicker V2.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by buggie_brain View Post
    I should probably add that i do currently own a G25 that i used with my ps3 but obviously cant use it with the ps4 so i do know what a fantastic experience it is to use a FFB wheel. I might even be able to use the G25 pedals with a Fanatec wheel, i dont know.

Awong124 is right about support though. We don't know if other games will support Fanatec wheels but we know a T300 will always be supported!
    The fanatec wheel you are looking at comes with an adaptor in the box that will allow the use of g25/g27 pedals.
    PS4, UE65HU8500, Rseat rs1, Fanatec CSW V2, Fanatec CSP V3, Fanatec CSS V1.5 sq, BMW GT3 wheel rim, F1 wheel rim & butt kicker V2.

Platform
    PC
    I have owned the gt2 wheel, the tx and t500. The gt2 was very good but not a patch on the tx and not even close to the t500.

However the elite and even more the clubsport wheels are also way ahead on the pedal front.

If you aren't bothered about price, t500 and clubsport v2 pedals.

If you are t300/tx and elite pedals.

The t300/ts pedals are throw away items, the t3pa not much better and the t500 pedals look great but still no comparison to the fanatecs.

All imo of course.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PC
    You ask "Fanatec or Thrustmaster?"

I ask "Can you wait for up to 3 months?"

You ask "Why the wait?"

I answer "http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-xbox...ent-1949121430"