Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec or Thrustmaster

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    I had a Fanatec CSR & Elite Pedals which I'd used since F1 2011, I sold it and bought the T300 & T3PA pedals before it was announced Fanatec would work on the playstation asnnobody actually confirmed it.

To be completely honest I prefer the T300 to the Fanatec, the Fanatec has so many settings of its own which for some add to the person nature of the wheel but I personally feel the T300 is better by being simpler from a plug and play view.

If I had to make a straight choice for the ps4 I'd go T300 every day.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by buggie_brain View Post
    I should probably add that i do currently own a G25 that i used with my ps3 but obviously cant use it with the ps4 so i do know what a fantastic experience it is to use a FFB wheel. I might even be able to use the G25 pedals with a Fanatec wheel, i dont know.

Awong124 is right about support though. We don't know if other games will support Fanatec wheels but we know a T300 will always be supported!
    I went from G25 to T300RS and find the Thrustmaster wheel a recognisable step up, in terms of smoothness and FFB strength. Build quality appears very similar to me but you get a bit less (quantity) for your money with the T300 which doesn't have a gear stick out of the box.

The T300 pedals get a lot of criticism yet the springs are stronger than on my G25 pedals which makes throttle and brake control a little easier. Having only two pedals, the T300 looks less substantial but both sets are made from similar materials.

If you don't like the T300 pedals you can buy an adapter and use your G25 pedals. I've not bothered since I'm happy enough with the bundled T300 pedals and don't feel the need for a gear stick and therefore clutch pedal, preferring to use the paddles.

PS3/PS4 compatibility is a bigger plus than I imagined before making the purchase,.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I am in Australia too but where are you getting those prices? That seems really cheap.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by rams1de View Post
    I went from G25 to T300RS and find the Thrustmaster wheel a recognisable step up, in terms of smoothness and FFB strength. Build quality appears very similar to me but you get a bit less (quantity) for your money with the T300 which doesn't have a gear stick out of the box.

The T300 pedals get a lot of criticism yet the springs are stronger than on my G25 pedals which makes throttle and brake control a little easier. Having only two pedals, the T300 looks less substantial but both sets are made from similar materials.

If you don't like the T300 pedals you can buy an adapter and use your G25 pedals. I've not bothered since I'm happy enough with the bundled T300 pedals and don't feel the need for a gear stick and therefore clutch pedal, preferring to use the paddles.

PS3/PS4 compatibility is a bigger plus than I imagined before making the purchase,.
    I am leaning towards the t300 just to be sure it works with future games. It is a bit annoying that for that price you don't get a shifter or a clutch pedal but to be honest I rarely used my clutch pedal on my G25 and if I really want those things I'll add to it down the track.

I guess I'll just wait for this t300 to turn up.

Thanks for everybody's input

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by JokePoster View Post
    I am in Australia too but where are you getting those prices? That seems really cheap.
    The prices for the Fanatec are on the Aus Fanatec website and the t300 is from PCcasegear in Melbourne

Platform
    PS4
    I've had a Fanatec for the past 5 years. It was pricey at the time but it's been worth every penny. I absolutely love it. I'd buy one in a heart beat tbh if I could afford the clubsport wheel base, V3 pedals and all the other clubsport attachments. You're talking atleast 1k though. I've not tried a T300 but I have got one en route to be delivered next week. So I'll test then and see how it compares to my fanatec.
    PS4 + Astro A50's + Fanatec 911 Turbo s + WheelStand Pro + T300RS+ Playseat Challenge + Manual + No Assists

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I have the t300rs and a close mate has the gt2 with the elite pedals bought from the same place you quoted. It's basically the pedal set for free. The t300 stock pedals are not very good. There are some mods you can do to make them a bit better. I bought the t3pa pro pedals and they are excellent.

Having now used them both my personal preference is for the TM ecosystem. mainly due to the exchangable wheel, imo a better wheelbase and I love the th8a gear shifter which is cheap compared to the decent fanatec one.

Ratings from my experience:
    T300 wheel: 8/10. strong, quiet, fully compatible so no ds4 needed. Exchangeable wheels is awesome.
    Gt2 wheel: 7/10. not as good ffb, some minor compatibility issues with pe4 mapping. Paddle shifters are crap.
    T300 pedals: 5/10
    Elite pedals: 9/10 superrrrrbbbbbbbbbb. Load cell is badass.
    T3pa pedals: 8/10

So really, value for money cos of that deal you can't beat the gt2 wheel IMHO.

Both of our wheels were screwed by PCars beta release version. Since the real final version of PCars released with patch 1.4 both our wheels work flawlessly. But understand it seems hit and miss. Still loads of people with wheel issues.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just seen a t100 steering wheel with pedals for 95 squid on eBay.....brand new, is it worth it?

Platform
    PS4
    No, what's the point in having the lesser model?
    PS4 + Astro A50's + Fanatec 911 Turbo s + WheelStand Pro + T300RS+ Playseat Challenge + Manual + No Assists

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well that's my budget and I'm no good with a controller, surely it's got to be better than controller?