Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dads of Pcars

MrFlibble81

Dads of Pcars

This is probably posted in the wrong place and I tried searching but couldn't find anything, so mods, feel free to move this.

Anyway, I'm a relatively new dad (my son will be 6 months old on the 31st) so I don't have a lot of time to play games online. I really only get weekends and evening after he's asleep so I was kinda looking for some people (maybe new dads or expectant dads) to race against. Also it would be nice to get together with other dads to talk about the trials and tribulations of being a dad and immense amount of joy and lack of sleep that goes with it.

So yeah, us there already something similar going ygst I could join or would it be easy enough to make some kind of website or something for this. Sorry, I don't know how to really do that kind of thing.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: jason, PC49NZ, ROABS, TheReaper GT, ToOSk3tChY

Umer Ahmad
    You've come the RIGHT place my friend!

No time to play: check
    Sleep deprived: check
    Wife doesn't "trust" you anymore: check

What time zone are you in?

With the reduced "practice time" you're gonna have to invest wisely, focus on just 1 car in most the categories (GT3, GT4, LMP2, GroupA...) and really spend more time learning the popular tracks (Spa, Monza, Silervstone, Watkins, Brno, Road America, Bathurst). This will allow you to just jump into an online session and get a good race, then logoff and handle baby/family stuff.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: BDR Daz, LADY GEMMA JANE, ROABS, Robhd, RomKnight, TheReaper GT, ToOSk3tChY

MrFlibble81
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    You've come the RIGHT place my friend!

No time to play: check
    Sleep deprived: check
    Wife doesn't "trust" you anymore: check

What time zone are you in?

With the reduced "practice time" you're gonna have to invest wisely, focus on just 1 car in most the categories (GT3, GT4, LMP2, GroupA...) and really spend more time learning the popular tracks (Spa, Monza, Silervstone, Watkins, Brno, Road America, Bathurst). This will allow you to just jump into an online session and get a good race, then logoff and handle baby/family stuff.
    I'm on central time. Yeah I've been using just one car for a while now just really trying to learn it so I can get a good setup and consistent lap times and mostly racing around implants and monza and I think I'm getting somewhere! Lol

I've been using the Aston Martin v12 vantage all day (I love Aston Martin's! I gotta support the Brits, its where I'm originally from!)

What I was really looking for though was some kind of racing community I could join made up of parents where we could all just race and talk about being parents. Anything like that exist?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlibble81 View Post
    joy and immense amount of lack of sleep that goes with it.
    Fixed.

MrFlibble81
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Fixed.

Thanks! You see what happens after months of not much sleep!! Lol.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    The problem is everything starts a little later after putting my boy in bed , drinking starts a little later , gaming a little later , sex we wont go there pCars you have a lot to answer for.

MrFlibble81
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    The problem is everything starts a little later after putting my boy in bed , drinking starts a little later , gaming a little later , sex we wont go there pCars you have a lot to answer for.
    Right!! Dam you project cars!! The reasons you mentioned are the reasons I want to join/start a racing group where parents who understand that everything starts later when you have kids and you might not get long to play. If I was to start a website where pparents could meet up and arrange races together in a place where everyone knows that sometimes when you have kids, things come up and you have to leave --. Baby starts crying for no reason, exploded diaper (not nice by the way) so yeah, I think I might start a website and see what happens!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Congrats on the journey of fatherhood. I have a 3 and 6 year old myself and I sometimes get a race in while they are still up...hearing them chant "Go Daddy! Go!" is without equal. Point being it gets easier once they become little people with personalities and the sleeplessness pays off and becomes a distant memory in no time.
    --------------------------------
    Openwheeler rig
    T300RS with T3PA and TH8A
    --------------------------------
    The following user likes this Post: FA RACING 01

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurino View Post
    Congrats on the journey of fatherhood. I have a 3 and 6 year old myself and I sometimes get a race in while they are still up...hearing them chant "Go Daddy! Go!" is without equal. Point being it gets easier once they become little people with personalities and the sleeplessness pays off and becomes a distant memory in no time.
    It does get easier mate, but to be honest I miss the toddler stage. Next stage is where they play with you and challenge you which is priceless as dad/child time. Then follows the stage where they want "console time" on their own. And then the bad stage - where they start beating you. It kills me
    Router -- Xbox One -- Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB -- 94 cm HDDTV -- Loving wife [Temporary using Xbox controller]
    The following user likes this Post: PC49NZ

Platform
    PC
    << Dad too. Timezone CEST+2.

Yesterday my daughter (8 years) took her first laps in the Frookie... wreckfest. But funny to watch. It took her quite some time to manage the braking (always kept the gas pedal on full throttle) but after ~45 min, it got better.
    A little later the unbelievable happened... I changed the car to Formula A to spook her off (bed time). Five minutes later she drove a clean lap around Monza without TC or SC (ABS was on)!! It took her 2 min 27 sec, but still - I was speechless.

She wants to become a race driver now (she watched some 24h of Le Mans with me).
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 5 users likes this Post: DragonSyr, JessicaWalter, Mr. Myagi, Xx-Rickdj82-Xx