Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brakes and DRS

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Brakes and DRS

Not sure if this has been mentioned before.....Brake discs not always glowing under heavy braking. Happens on different cars and multiple locations.
    Watched replay first lap car brake discs glowing under braking and on the next lap....nothing.
    Also how is DRS enabled for the "DTM races" using identical cars ie Merc DTM C Class. It seems to be working when a replay is viewed but when in chase cam view the rear wing does not seem to be working??The wing looks like it is a fixed wing.

Platform
    PS4
    About the brake disc glow: It only happens above a certain temperature (temp is different for each car). So I'm guessing your brakes were hot 1st lap, but since your brake vents were opened too much, they cooled down too much and didnt glow (were not up to temperature) for the second lap. So try closing your brake vents. You should monitor the brake temps on the motec or the telemetry HUD.

I'm still wondering if other online players can see your disc glow.. Can you see the AI's disc glow in single player? (what about AI online then?)

About the DRS: It works fine with me, the merc DTM's wing pivots down when DRS activated. You have to keep DRS pressed though (same as the P1), as opposed to the formula A cars (Have only tried it once pre-patch, so maybe now there might be a bug, dunno)

I suppose you are playing on the PS4 , since you post it the PS4 section. You should change your platform in your profile, so people can help you better and faster.
    Last edited by KartKingCorre; 15-06-2015 at 10:08.
    Go like the wind,
    PS4-DS4 current
    T300RS coming soon
    T3PA & TH8A later

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I also think the brake glow is bugged. As I have tried to see it on the f1 by getting the brakes up to 2000c but still no glow.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmeoff View Post
    I also think the brake glow is bugged. As I have tried to see it on the f1 by getting the brakes up to 2000c but still no glow.
    I think the brake disc on a F1 are covered so that might explain why you can't see the glow.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by buggie_brain View Post
    I think the brake disc on a F1 are covered so that might explain why you can't see the glow.
    ^^This. No glow because shrowded.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    The DRS for the DTM works. I was driving it for the first time yesterday, and drove in chase cam just to check it out. I was having so much fun just watching it pivoting up and down that I shot straight through a corner and completely totaled the car.
    Sony Playstation 4 | Thrustmaster T300RS | Stock Pedals | Need a damn stand!!!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    ^^This. No glow because shrowded.
    What year F1 cars are supposed to be emulated in this game?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by buggie_brain View Post

I don't know exactly what year the cars are supposed to be copying, but you can see the brakes glow on some of the V8 era cars.
    Last edited by apexatspeed; 16-06-2015 at 20:59.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by apexatspeed View Post

I don't know exactly what year the cars are supposed to be copying, but you can see the brakes glow on some of the V8 era cars.
    They are supposedly 2011 era

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    is that accurate, that drs for dtm cars must be held down?? pretty sure raceroom doesnt model it this way
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10