Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuild database improved my post patch performance

Kart Driver
    I can 100% say that this is actually doing nothing.. I tried this, didn't help and in fact I've just upgraded my Ps4 HD so I've done a clean install of the entire OS only today, and Project Cars still screen tears - the patch 1.4 helped but overall lets face it, its still got work to do if we have any hope of a racing game that doesn't tear.

Brands Hatch around the 2nd corner is still no better then it was pre patch 1.4 TBH. Azure Coast and Azure Circuit I can't play as the shifting of the screen makes my eyes hurt. And California highway is no better, but did notice Dubai was better post 1.4 and Spa seems a little better.
    The following user likes this Post: pioneer1985

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by iv-tecman View Post
    I can 100% say that this is actually doing nothing.. I tried this, didn't help and in fact I've just upgraded my Ps4 HD so I've done a clean install of the entire OS only today, and Project Cars still screen tears - the patch 1.4 helped but overall lets face it, its still got work to do if we have any hope of a racing game that doesn't tear.

Brands Hatch around the 2nd corner is still no better then it was pre patch 1.4 TBH. Azure Coast and Azure Circuit I can't play as the shifting of the screen makes my eyes hurt. And California highway is no better, but did notice Dubai was better post 1.4 and Spa seems a little better.
    Agreed, there's still work to do and we are on it.

There's more to come soon.
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Fong74, GrimeyDog, iv-tecman, KkDrummer, Luxman_, pa_pinkelman, pioneer1985, Titzon Toast, VBR

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by iv-tecman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post

Spot on assessment iv-tecman. Patch 1.4 definitely a noticeable improvement in some areas which now gives me a bit more hope that we will see more improvements when 1.5 comes around and things look promising with Ian's reply.

Kart Driver

And that is the type of response I like to read... Fantastic news. 1.4 patch has made improvements in areas, but if there is more to come I'll take it thank you very much : -) I'll enjoy racing around Dubai now until more performance patches reach us..

For what it's worth, Silverstone, zolder , imola etc display great performance so get azure, brands and cadwell etc working same as the others then haooy days. Happy days indeed..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Great to hear ...

btw. did you notice?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-(patch-v1-04)

Platform
    PS4
    I always rebuild the database on my PS4 after each game install tbh! I see slight slow down in places, nothing game breaking. Never really noticed any tearing tbh. Using a 40" LED samsung if that makes a difference?
    > Win'10 Pro / i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz / Patriot Viper 2x4Gb @ 2133MHz / Gigabyte Z77 D3H / Saph' R9 280X VapourX @ 1070/1550MHz / 120Gb SSD / 1TB HDD / Corsair CX750

> Sony Playstation 4 / Thrustmaster T300RS / Wheelstand Pro V2 / Logitech MK710 Combo / www.DiRTRallyGame.com

Platform
    PS4
    ^^^Thank You for Your honesty. I know that must have been hard.