Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild database improved my post patch performance

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Rebuild database improved my post patch performance

Placebo Disclaimer...

Was very disappointed with the post-patch performance. Tweaked the visual effects etc but performance still worse than before. Monaco totally undrivable with stutters and tearing all over.

Went back to all visuals activated, set temporal to 10 and closed down PC

Did the rebuild database thing on my PS4 for the first time in its 1,5 year lifetime and started up PC again and i really believe i see significant improvements in terms of both performance and visual quality.

Most tracks butter smooth and although not perfect, Monaco drivable again.

So even if it is placebo, could be worth trying!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MrFranc, wyldanimal

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    In what way did the visuals and performance improve?

And was it a full rebuild or one of the smaller ones? I ask as I may give this a go but want to make sure the results are worth it before I go ahead.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    How do you rebuild database on a PS4?
    Adam - Project CARS2 WMD Member

PS4 Pro/PSVR/T150/WheelStandPro V2
    Samsung 49" 7000 Series or Sony 43" 8300 Series 4k TVs
    Denon AVR-X2200 and Monitor Audio/Elac 5.1.2 or Headphones

Umer Ahmad
    Gonna sticky this one for a little while.

Maybe some other (brave) people can try it?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Gonna sticky this one for a little while.

Maybe some other (brave) people can try it?
    I could give this a shot but it will be hard to take notice since latest patch made everything ridiculous smooth on PS4. Also there's no danger in going into safemode and rebuild Database, heck Sony even advices the players to do that before sending a console to them for repair. I used that option many times on my PS3 and after 5 years it still lives.

Here's the steps to access safe mode on PS4:
    • Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
    • Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
    • Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: delahosh, Fong74

Platform
    PC
    I must be honest, my PS4 version was always butter smooth from day1... I'm envy that a little bit (PS4 is basically my son's machine!) 'cause I can not plug my wheel and it looks better than my big PC

I'll anyway give it a try before/after this procedure and come back with my thoughts on it
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PS4
    I rebuilt my database and played a few GT3 races in career and I have to say my PS4 didn't run as hot as it usually did and the loud fans never kicked in. OP might be on to something.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMansIndy500 View Post
    In what way did the visuals and performance improve?

And was it a full rebuild or one of the smaller ones? I ask as I may give this a go but want to make sure the results are worth it before I go ahead.
    Well, for visuals it might be the case it was a combination of stutters/tearing and me down-tweaking the visual effects.

For performance, not only was Monaco a complete stutter party, even less demanding tracks like Brands Hatch Indy gave me a significant amount of broken frames, jidder and as well some small stuttering even in game friendly conditions (sunny mid-day). After database rebuild smooth as butter and hardly a single broken frame in same conditions, same car, same field...

But i have no hard facts, just my personal sensation...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mjemec11 View Post
    I rebuilt my database and played a few GT3 races in career and I have to say my PS4 didn't run as hot as it usually did and the loud fans never kicked in. OP might be on to something.
    Same here, in dry conditions my fan also seems to operate one step below compared to before

Platform
    PC
    I've just tried (working from home today, has it benefits) and to me it did not make a difference. 35 AI Thunderstorm, Azure Circuit.
    To be honest, it looked smooth on the first place directly, After rebuild, fan speed and smoothness was the same, nothing to complain.
    It doesn't break anything so if someone has an issue, it might worth the try.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)