Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian, why do you hate the EVO?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Ian, why do you hate the EVO?

The EVO FQ400 is my favorite car, been for years... so much so that it's my real life car (the 320).
    In every other game (simulator) I've played in the past, it's a great car, very agile and very good on sharp turns, just like in real life.
    However here in pCars, this thing just drives like it's carrying 500kg of cement in the trunk. No acceleration and a real hard time turning.

Now, I have the utmost respect for pCars and if you guys tell me any car is supposed to behave in real life in a track the way it behaves in the game, I'll buy it.
    But having driven the EVO after watching tons and tons of reviews about it, and even actually driven it in my local track, I must say the game is not portraying it correctly.
    In every race I try with the EVO, all the last places in both race and qualify are the EVOs, regardless of AI level, when set to "current class".

Or maybe the original setup is just god awful. See, setups are not my strength.

So... with all due respect, can I have a word from the developer on this matter, and maybe also from a few members of the WMD?

Thank you!
    Last edited by JeeF; 16-06-2015 at 03:15.
    The following user likes this Post: Ripgroove

Try the below setup, it's based off OEM data (credit to Jussi K). Changes from default are highlighted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015_06_16_13_21_20_Unofficial_Pcars_setups.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	207971
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, Fong74, LADY GEMMA JANE, Mahjik, Pink_650S, robertedell, yusupov

Platform
    PC
    Agreed, along with several of the road cars, this feels nothing like driving the real car.

Stick to the race cars, they're fabulous.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeF View Post
    The EVO FQ400 is my favorite car, been for years... so much so that it's my real life car (the 320).
    In every other game (simulator) I've played in the past, it's a great car, very agile and very good on sharp turns, just like in real life.
    However here in pCars, this thing just drives like it's carrying 500kg of cement in the trunk. No acceleration and a real hard time turning.

Now, I have the utmost respect for pCars and if you guys tell me any car is supposed to behave in real life in a track the way it behaves in the game, I'll buy it.
    But having driven the EVO after watching tons and tons of reviews about it, and even actually driven it in my local track, I must say the game is not portraying it correctly.
    In every race I try with the EVO, all the last places in both race and qualify are the EVOs, regardless of AI level, when set to "current class".

Or maybe the original setup is just god awful. See, setups are not my strength.

So... with all due respect, can I have a word from the developer on this matter, and maybe also from a few members of the WMD?

Thank you!
    Agreed, I drove this car once and quit after fighting it for 1 lap, it feels very heavy.
    | OS Win 10 64bit | CPU Intel I7-4790k @ 4.6GHz | GPU EVGA 980ti FTW | CPU Cooler CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | SSD 2x Samsung | PSU Corsair HX1000w | Wheel Fanatec GT2 + Clubsport V1 | Monitor 34" Ultrawide Acer X34A 3440x1440 |
    The following user likes this Post: TROKZA

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I feel you. I own a Megane RS went to the Nordschleife the other day, had a ton of fun. As soon as PCars hit i took the Megane RS ingame for a Spin on the Nordschleife and ragequitted after the "Fuchsröhre". Feels nothing like the real deal. But, I love the Ruf GT3 sooo much. Just hammerd down a 7.01 on the Nordschliefe with the default setup
    The following user likes this Post: MULTIVITZ

Platform
    PC
    Yes almost all the race cars are amazing, but not one of the road cars that I actually know is anything like in the game to drive but then I didn't get P Cars to drive normal road cars, except the R8 and Maclarens, but there's plenty to make up for them
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Platform
    PS4
    Same about the 1M for me. The Evo is fast in the Game but the handling is not ideal. I got a good tune on it but it's not one I like to drive.
    Last edited by LordDRIFT; 16-06-2015 at 11:12.

Platform
    PC
    The Focus RS is the game is a pretty close cousin to my Mazdaspeed3 , it feels pretty good to me.

The one thing in the game , is your sense of speed is way reduced. You may be thinking the car is handling way worse, but in fact in the game you are going 30mph faster then you think.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: aussiejeff, davekojo, Fendar, Mahjik, MULTIVITZ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I disagree(about it being unrealistic). I posted a tune for it. The turbo lag is spot on
    The handling is a bit squishy, but its going to be compared the other race cars. Try my tune, its has quite accurate handling when driven properly. The diff programming is hard to match to a setup, with my setup it likes early timed down shifting to stabilise the front end, theres little understeer.
    Notice the oem toe angles, I might have a play with mine again.

My focus is virtually crash prof, it could do with a tad more oversteer, but as I'm using a controller I've kept it on the safe side!
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 16-06-2015 at 12:13.

Superkart Pilot Baron_Greenback's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It works great when you move away from stock settings. I killed the understeer with oversteer. I loosened the back end up with harder suspension and lowered the tyre pressures in the front.
    The turbo lag seems about right. (I haven't driven an FQ400, but I've had a go of an Evo VIII) Unless you're in the right gear, with adequate revs, turbo lag will slow you down.
    Sabertooth 990FX : FX9590 : 16GB Dominator 2133mhz : GTX970 STRIX 4GB : Antec HCG 850W : Windows 8.1 x64 : G27
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KartKingCorre, MULTIVITZ