Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T300 FFB can it be solved?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

T300 FFB can it be solved?

Hello guys i have read alot of posts about the problems.
    It seems that the centre spring problem will be solved as you are aware of it.
    And made it priority fix 😁
    But unfortunately the FFB still fades away till I think I can only feel the centre spring.... And sometimes a small bumb from a curve. When I stop the race start a new one BOEM FFB is back where it should be.
    Does this has anything to do with the centre spring or are you guys trying to tackle this problem too.

I use the T300 with gt3 ruf on circuit Spa FFB 100 tyre 100 and with Jack Spade settings Fy+SopLateral Mix
    Maybe it helps

Hope to hear from you 😘

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Still hoping to hear something. 😁

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    try to desactivate the soft steering dampening in option / control / configuration / advanced / soft steering dampening OFF

It definitively change how the wheel behave

be careful the option reset on each time you launch the game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by florent71 View Post
    try to desactivate the soft steering dampening in option / control / configuration / advanced / soft steering dampening OFF

It definitively change how the wheel behave

be careful the option reset on each time you launch the game.
    It feels horrible!! With the FFB is nothing wrong but if you have above settings the FFB fades away.
    So still hoping for a reply.
    I don't ask a solution I just want to know that they are aware of it.

James Boulton
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulbr1nger View Post
    It feels horrible!! With the FFB is nothing wrong but if you have above settings the FFB fades away.
    So still hoping for a reply.
    I don't ask a solution I just want to know that they are aware of it.
    The fading issue is due to the wheel overheating as has been pointed out in other threads.

Turn the tire force down or lower the overall FFB, it's as simple as that. There will be a compromise between FFB strength and how long you can use it before the wheel reduces the FFB strength to protect the motor from overheat.

The exact settings will ofcourse depend on if you are playing in a hot room, or air-conditioned, etc.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: dominiczeth, Max Kelly, RomKnight

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I was also having this problem and noticed the motor too hot! I upgraded the fan in my wheel from the stock 60mm to a 80mm and added a few vents. I drilled holes on top of wheel base where the fake vents are with a small drill bit and added a couple bigger vents on the side where the motor is and added a screen to prevent anything from falling in.

After i did the mod i played for more than 6 hours straight without any fading. I can even feel cool air getting sucked in the top of the base and warm air coming out the vents on the side. Definitely better air flow inside the base as the motor don't get as hot. It could prolong the life of the wheel but voids the warranty.
    Last edited by watchumacallit; 17-06-2015 at 21:16.
    The following user likes this Post: ex_

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by James Boulton View Post
    The fading issue is due to the wheel overheating as has been pointed out in other threads.

Turn the tire force down or lower the overall FFB, it's as simple as that. There will be a compromise between FFB strength and how long you can use it before the wheel reduces the FFB strength to protect the motor from overheat.

The exact settings will ofcourse depend on if you are playing in a hot room, or air-conditioned, etc.
    No, actually in many cases its not overheating at all. Wheels do not overheat after 2 laps as was happening in my case prior to 1.4. At best your comment is completely ignorant and at worst its downright dishonest. Given the volume of people complaining about this issue I tend to think its the latter.

I regularly hear from the sycophants on this forum that members should be respectful of the devs and SMS staff. Is it any surprise they're not when those very devs and staff talk such utter disingenuous garbage.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I have also noticed that all the forum admins jump on the like post button if the post is from SMS staff like a fly on poo (like like like like like like like ) should be a lick button.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Oud steering wheels arent overheating it's just there is something wrong with this wheel combined with ps4 and project cars.
    Why don't you see these threads on the xbox and PC? The tx wheel is the same base for Xbox.
    And PC just uses any wheel from Thrustmaster. So this is getting to a big problem.
    Now give us some info please that you guys are aware of this problem and it needs a lot of attention.
    Because it breaks the FFB and sometimes even the wheel itself.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    It's probably the game that's causing it, it's probably not! We can't get a straight answer so I did what i needed to do and modded my wheel. I can play for hours w/o any issues or fading.