Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: [ANSWERED] A few things I've noticed

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    190
    Platform
    PS4

    [ANSWERED] A few things I've noticed

    I'm not going to bore you with the bugs I'm experiencing which are common place and well known but there are a few things I've noticed and cannot find reported anywhere.

    1. Gear selection - In a number of on and offline races when you goto the start line there is often a gear preselected on the car. I've been caught out a few times when 1st has been selected as you think everything is ok and you dump the clutch and.......nothing. Other times any other gears seem to be pre selected including reverse! The only work around is to flick the gears down to 'N' and then back to 1st.

    2. The dashboard and instruments in most cars are very dull and I find can only be seen clearly when I put the lights on. Its fine doing this but I look a bit of an idiot driving around with lights on as if I'm trying to intimidate the car in front. I'm sure its not my TV as its a new Panasonic 4k which has been setup and calibrated by the an AV professional.

    Anyone else experienced these? It would be nice to be able to make the dashboard lighter in the visual options menu or have an option to have the dash lights on independent of the headlights?
    Last edited by tmitch45; 16-06-2015 at 22:00.

  2. #2
    Superkart Pilot Awong124's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    352
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree with #2. I always have to turn on my lights to see the gauges.
    The following user likes this Post: tmitch45


  3. #3
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Awong124 View Post
    I agree with #2. I always have to turn on my lights to see the gauges.
    Yep, I agree with #2 also. I wish lights were always on by default so I don't have to turn them on all the time just so I can see my gauges.

    I will add a #3 as it has been bugging me ...

    Dash controls don't show up during in car replays. For example, on the RGT-8 the on dash gear always shows neutral in replays. Engine oil temp, etc does not show what it was during the race either. This happens on all cars I have tried, so not limited to the RGT-8.

  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    190
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Yep, I agree with #2 also. I wish lights were always on by default so I don't have to turn them on all the time just so I can see my gauges.

    I will add a #3 as it has been bugging me ...

    Dash controls don't show up during in car replays. For example, on the RGT-8 the on dash gear always shows neutral in replays. Engine oil temp, etc does not show what it was during the race either. This happens on all cars I have tried, so not limited to the RGT-8.
    I'm sure I've seen it mentioned somewhere about the gear selection not changing in replays but I've also noticed in some cars with stick shift (not paddles) the driver isn't even changing gear on the replays either. Its also true about the gauges mate but not really noticed until you mentioned it.

    Also I believe they are working on a blind spot indicator but this cannot come soon enough for a number of people who race online. I was racing earlier and some cars have huge blind spots so its dead easy to miss someone next to you. You look in the rear view mirror, you look behind and to the side think no one is there and bang surprise there was a car in the blind spot!
    Last edited by tmitch45; 16-06-2015 at 22:16.

  5. #5
    Superkart Pilot Gaz B 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    147
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by tmitch45 View Post
    I'm sure I've seen it mentioned somewhere about the gear selection not changing in replays but I've also noticed in some cars with stick shift (not paddles) the driver isn't even changing gear on the replays either. Its also true about the gauges mate but not really noticed until you mentioned it.

    Also I believe they are working on a blind spot indicator but this cannot come soon enough for a number of people who race online. I was racing earlier and some cars have huge blind spots so its dead easy to miss someone next to you. You look in the rear view mirror, you look behind and to the side think no one is there and bang surprise there was a car in the blind spot!
    I always turn the lights on because like you say the dials are so hard to see in some cars. Then when you leave the pit you have to switch them back on after. As for the gears, I can't say that I've noticed.

    I wonder if head tracking is supported for PS4 Project Cars? Some games (eg. War Thunder) are using the PS Camera like a Track IR. If this worked on P-Cars it would be awesome and a much cheaper option.

  6. #6
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    85
    Platform
    PS4
    I lol'd imagining the OP trying to be intimidating with headlughts...my pet peeve is magical body work occurring during replays...poof bumper replaced poof dents fixed (yes I crash a lot)
    --------------------------------
    Openwheeler rig
    T300RS with T3PA and TH8A
    --------------------------------

  7. #7
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    67
    Platform
    PS4
    Only problem I have with the gauges on the mainly the gt3 cars (some of them) is the text is to hard to read. So I have to use different cars ( vantage, BMW, to name a few) that use the larger display just so I can read all the parameters it displays.
    Would be nice if the r8, mclaren, Bently all had the larger displays. Or at least larger bolder text.

  8. #8
    Umer Ahmad
    Guest
    #1 yes, I never trust the gear it shows at the start of the race. I think it's some remaining logical state that does not get cleared/reset from the previous race. I believe the programmers are aware (you can check the known issues lists in my signature)
    The following user likes this Post: tmitch45


  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot LordDRIFT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale
    Posts
    802
    Platform
    PS4
    Number 2 yes. I wish we had control over the park lights and wiper speed.

  10. #10
    Kart Driver Jd42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    29
    Platform
    PS4
    Concur with #2, seems to be a bit better after the update...
    The following user likes this Post: tmitch45


Similar Threads

  1. A couple of things i have noticed
    By F1Aussie in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 08:19
  2. Just noticed this..
    By PeoplesChampion in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-05-2015, 12:19
  3. Things that need improving and Things that are broken
    By ileftmyattackbootsinchina in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-05-2015, 12:48
  4. Issues I've Noticed
    By Bufftheowl in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2015, 12:14
  5. Issues I've noticed........
    By ATP Ginge in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 16:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •