Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: World Endurance Series GT3 Info. Thread.

Platform
    XBOX1
    We're experiencing HEAVY stability issues with the PCARS server so unfortunately, Twitch broadcasts will not take place tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    XBL GT: TWEAK DEMON
    Daily Driver/Project: 2008 E92 BMW 335Xi 6AT. FBO Stage 3 w/H&R Coil Overs.
    World Endurance Series Director/Driver for Project CARS on Xbox Live

Platform
    XBOX1
    Unofficial Results Round 4:
    GT3
    1) Machinegun Knap - 25
    2) Rodimius Prime - 18
    3) Zeta Prime165 - 15
    4) SR71A - 12
    5) ODA Trash - 10
    6) Made You Leave - 8

LMP2 was not scored due to testing session only. 5 points were awarded to both TWEAK DEMON and KRACK MONSTER for participation in the successful trial race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Is this still open to join? It sounds fun and competitive!
    Obutto Revolution
    XBL Gamertag: Dynamic Panik

"If you're not first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
    "He who is last shall be sideways and smiling" -Jeremy Clarkson

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by higsy View Post
    Is this still open to join? It sounds fun and competitive!
    Series is still open to join. We've been on a two week retreat for the most part. Normal services to resume tomorrow.

Platform
    XBOX1
    World Endurance Series Update

Hello everyone. I'm writing this directly to everyone that follows our series rather than the typical "3rd Person Fan News Reporting Fiction" or whatever you want to call it.

So what's the deal? Where have we been?
    The truth is, for the last 2 weeks we've been struggling to get everyone on the same page with scheduling and have pretty much been on an unofficial break from competition.

Normal services are officially resuming RIGHT NOW. Tomorrow night at 9:45PM Eastern, Round 5 qualifying will start at Willow Springs in the USA. GT3 and GT4 will be running together on this track and scored separately as usual. The classes are being renamed and reworked. GT3 is now going to be GTE and GT4 is GTC (E for Endurance and C being for Challenge). Group 4/5 will be running Thursday in Hockenhiem at 9PM Eastern (BMW M1 Procar, BMW 320 Turbo, Ford Capris). LMP2 will cycle in and out based on track location. Which brings me to what's going on for the remainder of the series.

The following 2 rounds after tomorrow will be based in the USA and will be polled by the drivers. After that, the remainder of the season will be posted based on location and country. Stay tuned for the official list with tentative dates.

Any driver in any class is unrestricted from running in other classes. We still have spots open for new drivers as well.

Any further questions or comments can be directed to me and will be responded to as quickly as possible.

One last racing announcement. At this time, myself and Krack Monster are raising the Porsche (Ruf) flag in GTE this weekend to spice things up once again within the class.

Thank you for reading this quick announcement and hope to hear from new drivers soon!

Platform
    XBOX1

Hello again everyone! Let's jump right into the announcements.

Willow Springs was a complete disaster this weekend. There's literally no other way to put it. We had an Xbox completely fail thanks to a disc drive refusing to spit out a disc. We had a few drivers out for personal and family reasons. We had drivers completely miss without any warning at all.

Anyway, despite this, the show must go on and it shall.

Thursday July 23rd at 9PM Eastern Time will be the FIRST official race of the Classic Endurance Sub-Series. Anyone is welcome to join, so please feel free to send me messages on here or via XBL with my gamertag. Again the track will be Hockenheim in Germany and will be no less than 40 laps in distance. Fuel restrictions to be announced by tomorrow.

Saturday July 25th at 1PM Eastern Time Round 6 for the World Endurance Series will begin. GTE, GTC, and LMP2 will ALL be authorized for running this weekend (a minimum of 2 cars in a class must be reached or the class will be excluded from racing). The track will be set for Road America with 45 laps. Fuel maximum for all classes is 40 liters to include pit strategy. Infringement on this rule will result in a minimum of a 15 second time penalty to the end of your race time and a maximum of disqualification for the round.

And now for the REALLY good bit of news...

Today marks the official release of the World Endurance Series Race Calendar. This not only includes GTE, GTC, and LMP2; but also the Classic Endurance Sub Series. You can check out this calendar below AND the original post of the thread.

As an incentive for new drivers to join, you will be awarded up to 35 bonus points if you wish to join GTE racing to get you in with a shout of being competitive. Thank you so much to everyone who has followed and attended these races!

World Endurance Series Calendar:

Round 1 - 6/13/15 - Watkins Glen

Round 2 - 6/20/15 - Circuit De Spa Francorchamps

Round 3 - 6/27/15 - Imola

Round 4 - 7/5/15 - Nurburgring GP

Round 5 - 7/19/15 - Willow Springs
    --->Round 1 Classic -7/23/15-Hockenheim

Round 6 - 7/25/15 - Road America
    --->Round 2 Classic -7/30/15-Donington Park

Round 7 - 8/1/15 - Mazda Laguna Seca
    --->Round 3 Classic -8/6/15-Oschersleben

Round 8 - 8/8/15 - Zolder
    --->Round 4 Classic -8/13/15-Zolder

Round 9 - 8/15/15 - Monza
    --->Round 5 Classic -8/20/15-Silverstone

Round 10 - 8/25/15 - Bathurst
    --->Round 6 Classic -8/27/15-Brno

Round 11 - 9/5/15 - Le Mans 24 hour
    --->Round 7 Classic -9/10/15-Le Mans Bugatti - FINAL

Round 12 -9/12/15 - Nurburgring Nordschleife - FINAL
    Last edited by Alpineswift; 20-07-2015 at 19:19.

Platform
    XBOX1
    World Endurance Classic Sub-Series Update

Fuel restrictions for the Classic series have been set for start and pit stops at 50 Liters. Due to the inefficiency of the classic engines, the consumption is far more than that of the GTE/GTC/LMP2's. The addition of 10 liters to the maximum fuel capacity will allow the older cars to make roughly the same number of stops over a period of 40+ laps per race as the main modern WES classes.

As you can all clearly see based on the track list, the series is moving to much longer and challenging tracks towards the end. The three final tracks for the WES Modern classes will be upwards of more than 2 hours in length. Also, from now on, NO race will be postponed or halted based on attendance numbers. Simply put, if only 2 drivers make the field, the race will continue with 2 racers.

The Future
    I will be continuing hosting races but a fellow driver in the series has plans to start up a Stock Car/Trans Am series near the conclusion of the WES. When his series begins, I will be sure to notify anyone interested.

The next update will follow the conclusion of Round 1 of the Classic Sub-Series. Stay tuned for more.
    Thanks again and have a great week!

Platform
    XBOX1
    World Endurance Series News

Round 6 has officially been entered into the history books with a total race time of 1 hour and 36 minutes. After 40 laps and several position changes, the field ended like this:

-New comer Marksest112 in the #59 Factory McLaren MP4-12C GT3 took home 1st place with a 6 second lead at the finish line over 2nd.
    -Veteran driver and Race Director TWEAK DEMON stormed into 2nd furiously chasing down Marksest at a pace of 2-3 seconds a lap in the #40 Huntclub Ruf RGT-8 GT3.
    -ODA Trash in the #8 Bentley Team Motorsport Continental GT3 snagged 3rd 2 laps down from the leaders but still a solid 2 laps ahead of 4th.
    -SR71A and Dyson Racing struggled throughout the race with continuous mechanical and electrical issues in the pits with the #88 Continental GT3 and overall claimed 4th.
    -And finally, Rodimius Prime in the #57 Dominum Musk SLS AMG GT3 rounded out the field in 5th after a catastrophic engine failure on lap 28.

Road America chewed tires to shreds today and showed no mercy to the drivers. What was by far one of the longest races to date, the biggest surprise to everyone in attendance was the sheer pace of the Ruf RGT-8. "I got sick of running in the McLaren and constantly stomping the field. I had to respectfully request a leave of absence with Von Ryan Racing until further notice so I could do some experimenting. Porsche no longer provides factory support to the GT3 cars so trying to get ahold of a 911 is almost impossible. Fortunately, Ruf was happy to send me one so long as I promised to return it in one piece when I finish using it. The Von Ryan pit crew is currently under my personal payroll so I'm not running without support, which works out nicely considering I'm still a driver for the team. And to ensure I'm not screwing them out of points, I decided to go with some fake sponsor/team decals. This seemed fair to the other drivers as it ultimately comes down to the driver and manufacturer points anyways. It just leaves the option open for me to ditch the RGT-8 if the car proves to be more trouble than it's worth. Based on the data from today though, this is going to be an interesting challenge to get the car setup correctly. We had tire wear and heat issues the entire race. I couldn't get more than maybe 9 solid laps out of them without frying the soft compounds. We'll maybe run it one more race before I make the final decision but right now, we're pretty happy that we held onto 2nd and damn near over took a new McLaren in the field." TWEAK and Von Ryan Racing rise another 18 points today after what he described as the "tire race from hell".

The other drivers had little to say regarding today as they were all pretty content with being back on the track for the first time in weeks. SR71A and ODA Trash stood together looking at the Dyson Continental and shared some thoughts. "Between the dropped lug nuts and the failed battery I had onboard today, it just wasn't meant to be at all" SR71A fumed. "Hell, I couldn't get my tires to keep heat consistently in any section of the track. One minute I would be over heating in the rear and cold as ice in the front, the next, I would completely flip flop. We've got some serious work to do to figure out what's going on with these machines" ODA Trash added. Both drivers were visibly drained and pissed with what had been a struggle to finish well.

At the end of the pits however, stood a much more expressionless Rodimius Prime staring at the blown engine of the SLS AMG GT3 as it was removed from the car. "I couldn't even begin to tell you what happened today. The gauges all showed green but the car felt incredibly unsettled the entire opening stint. It wasn't until after the first pit that I noticed a subtle vibration from the drivetrain with every gear shift. Eventually I came into turn 3 on lap 28 and as soon as I let off the gas, the entire car shook violently and locked up in a spin throwing me into the tires. The body isn't too damaged thankfully since I was on the brakes but this engine is a write off. Mercedes has some investigating to do to figure out what failed internally but I'm going to hazard a guess that the car just told me to f$#* off." After that quote, he peeled off and headed to his trailer.

The points standings in GTE have been shaken up again after today with the addition of Marksest who falls under the new driver bonus rule. Here's where everyone lands:

1st Place TWEAK DEMON/Von Ryan Racing - 83
    2nd Place SR71A/Dyson Racing - 76
    3rd Place Rodimius Prime/Dominum Musk - 74
    4th Place ODA Trash/Bentley Team Motorsport - 67
    5th Place ZETA PRIME/JAE Glass - 60
    5th Place Marksest112/McLaren Factory Team - 60
    6th Place Made You Leave/NVidia - 55
    7th Place Krack Monster/Ruf - 54
    8th Place Machinegun Knap/Hexis - 53

Stay tuned for more World Endurance Series updates.

Platform
    XBOX1
    World Endurance Classic Sub-Series Update

After some more testing and evaluation, it has been decided that the Ford Zakspeed Capri and BMW 320 will both be required to run wastegates set at a maximum of 2.0.

Not only does this stipulation keep all of the Classics competitive in power to weight ratio but it also keeps fuel consumption down and engine wear at a minimum during races.

*General Announcement*
    Due to the new stipulations and finessing of series regulations and rules, the first post of the WES thread will be updated within the hour to reflect all of these updates rules so there is no confussion as to where they are posted.

Platform
    XBOX1

Zolder Qualifying will start at 8:30pm Eastern tonight. I know this extremely short notice but the last two weeks have been something of a nightmare for scheduling conflicts.

The Laguna Seca race was NOT run last week due to zero attendance and is currently up in the air if it will be rescheduled. I need a majority vote from racers ASAP if we are to reschedule it into the season. We are still accepting new racers into this series however after next week, late registration will be officially closed.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for their patience and continued devotion to keeping this series alive. It's been a struggle but we simply haven't had the numbers to run regardless of scheduling issues. Besides, it's my philosophy that it's better to adjust race dates/times if life gets crazy so everyone has a fair shot at the podium (we do have lives outside of gaming so we have to be realistic).

More info to come following the races completion. Live stream info will be released at the start of the race, not during qualifying like before.