Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Catz Wheel Issue Since 1.4 Update

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Unhappy Mad Catz Wheel Issue Since 1.4 Update

I have just installed the 1.4 update and reset the Mad Catz wheel and I also reset the wheel settings in-game. When I go to calibrate the wheel it no longer seems to recognise the 270 degree setting. During the first part of calibration the wheel keeps on turning for a long time to get to 100 %. Which I suppose is the 900 degree setting?

I have performed several hard resets on Xbone and the wheel and flicked the degree switch back and forth, on the back of the wheel during power off.

Am I missing something?

If it is just the 900 degree option available - is there a percentage for the 1st part of calibration and a degree for the second part of the calibration that would enable me to use the wheel as a 270 degree workaround?

Any help would be appreciated.....

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well, I just keep my TX wheel at 900 degrees and adjust the steering sensitivity and stuff
    TheLastRezort

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Do you have forza 5 or horizon 2? If so have you tried the 270 setting on either to make sure the wheel is ok?

I gave up with madcatz, loved the wheel, amazing design, but after sending two faulty ones back, i went for the tx. Shame.

It is a little strange though that this game, with its amazing amount of options doesnt have a degree slider in game

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TAGS Battfink View Post
    Do you have forza 5 or horizon 2? If so have you tried the 270 setting on either to make sure the wheel is ok?

I gave up with madcatz, loved the wheel, amazing design, but after sending two faulty ones back, i went for the tx. Shame.

It is a little strange though that this game, with its amazing amount of options doesnt have a degree slider in game
    Yeah, I have both. I am very happy with the wheel, no problems.

The wheel is fine and has been working on the 270 degree setting with PCars with no problem - right up until the 1.4 update. Which leaves me thinking that maybe the 270 degree option was removed/forgotten in this update.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAHound View Post
    Yeah, I have both. I am very happy with the wheel, no problems.

The wheel is fine and has been working on the 270 degree setting with PCars with no problem - right up until the 1.4 update. Which leaves me thinking that maybe the 270 degree option was removed/forgotten in this update.
    Yeah I had it set up from 270 degree in both Forza and PCars, although I haven't downloaded the 1.4 update as im at work. Infact it will be downloading it as you read this message as I have it on instant on mode.
    So is there an option in PCars to say if the car has lets say 360 rotation it only lets you turn 360 degree but another car might have 900 it will let you?
    Xbox 1 /w Kinect | Madcatz Pro Racing Wheel | Ultimate Steering Wheel Stand | LG 24MT47 TV

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillj View Post
    Yeah I had it set up from 270 degree in both Forza and PCars, although I haven't downloaded the 1.4 update as im at work. Infact it will be downloading it as you read this message as I have it on instant on mode.
    So is there an option in PCars to say if the car has lets say 360 rotation it only lets you turn 360 degree but another car might have 900 it will let you?
    It would be nice to know that it's not just me

I think you're asking the same question as me? I managed a workaround - Set the degree of calibration (Step 1), to 28. Then the 2nd part should line up to 270 degrees. After the initial reset you will need to lower the FFB to about 65 again or grow big muscles.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Any other Mad Catz Wheel users getting the same problem?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah I have a Mad Catz wheel on the Xbox One and after update 1.4 the wheel seems awful. The rotation of the wheel is now ridiculous, to the point of the game being MORE unplayable than before. For example, half way around the Zolda circuit is a right-left chicane, take it in 2nd or 1st gear. Since the update to 1.4 it is virtually impossible to steer around the chicane without basically destroying the wheel. At least since I've been racing with the update installed that is how that chicane has become. The amount of rotation required to move the car (Lotus 78) coupled with the force feedback makes it so difficult it's is virtually impossible to play. Not impressed.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Think I may have fixed the issue I was having. I didn't reset the wheel BEFORE re-calibrating. Now it seems spot on. Will try the chicane again in a mo.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Moss2076 View Post
    Yeah I have a Mad Catz wheel on the Xbox One and after update 1.4 the wheel seems awful. The rotation of the wheel is now ridiculous, to the point of the game being MORE unplayable than before. For example, half way around the Zolda circuit is a right-left chicane, take it in 2nd or 1st gear. Since the update to 1.4 it is virtually impossible to steer around the chicane without basically destroying the wheel. At least since I've been racing with the update installed that is how that chicane has become. The amount of rotation required to move the car (Lotus 78) coupled with the force feedback makes it so difficult it's is virtually impossible to play. Not impressed.
    Thanks for that. At least I know it's the update and not my wheel, now.

Calibrate the wheel and lower the overall ffb as per my post earlier and it should be usable.

Moderators/SMS would someone please advise if this is being looked into?

Thanks