Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So about that Wii U version of Project CARS....

So about that Wii U version of Project CARS....

Hello everyone, now all the major announcements at E3 are done and dusted I felt it was the right time to make a new topic relating to the Wii U version of Project CARS because as Ian has said previously they (SMS) were hoping for a hardware announcement at E3 which obviously didn't transpire before deciding what to do about the Wii U version of Project CARS.

So what will be happening with the Wii U version of Project CARS? Will you decide to simply cancel it and await news from Nintendo about the next Nintendo home console and release it for that (Nintendo said they will talk about the 'NX' in 2016, presumably at E3, but as I'm always keen to remind people the NX could well be Nintendo's next portable console, home console or the highly rumoured fusion console) or will you refocus back on the Wii U version to try and achieve 720p/30fps?

I was wondering actually what downgrades would be need to be made to the game to actually achieve 720p/30fps. Ian said that it was the SETA tyre model that is taking up a lot of the resources of the triple core CPU (using 2 cores alone on the other console versions and I presume PC as well) so what would Wii U owners be missing out on should you decide to go back to the previous tyre model (Brush or something like that I believe) or would it be more beneficial if you kept the physic models and cut the AI numbers down (online and offline) or could changes made to the weather system help ease the load on the CPU/GPU? I dare say (and would kind of hope) such discussions have taken place already as to what would need to be cut/downgraded to get the game running at 720p/30fps.

I'm obviously not expecting a yes or no answer right now as I dare say you are all deliberating about the future of the game on Wii U (but from what Ian has previously posted it sounds like the series has a future on Nintendo home consoles) and I appreciate the fact that you don't want a sub par version of the game out there (which I fully understand) but would like an answer at some point in the near future as to help me decide whether to wait and get this on Wii U or get it for PS4 as the more I see the more I want it but I would obviously prefer to wait for the Wii U version which I've been anticipating since it was announced

I appreciate I'm probably a bit too eager in making this thread with all the major conferences at E3 only having finished and the event still running till Friday but no time like the present
    Eagerly awaiting the Nintendo Switch (formorly known as the NX) version of Project CARS 2!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Max Lazy 10, St3fan, Wolfe

Umer Ahmad
    90% no WiiU version, machine too weak it seems. Use forum search u will find information

Someone can link here?
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    90% no WiiU version, machine too weak it seems. Use forum search u will find information

Someone can link here?
    Whenever I actually try and search for something I just get a no results page though?

I've said this before, until the Wii U version is officially cancelled by SMS I will keep that version as my first version, if it gets cancelled fair enough, I'll just get it on the PS4
    Eagerly awaiting the Nintendo Switch (formorly known as the NX) version of Project CARS 2!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Not being funny, but why would you want a hamstrung version of the game rather than going the ps4 route? In some ways the console owners are playing catchup to the pc, but as consoles give a more balanced playing field, (if it runs on one ps4 it should run on all of them), its an option that keeps things simple. I have been on the pc bandwagon, years of upgrades to keep up, but the ps removes that need for upgrade wars.

Personally, i hope they leave the wii u edition in its cage until either nintendo get their act together and give users more power, or until the game is fully stable and virtually bug free on other platforms.

Cutting the game down more to fit the wii u sounds like a bad plan, more likely to make people feel they are getting a second rate game than what you would actually want.

Thats not a ps4 owner lording it over the wii u and its lack of project cars, just a thought that in many ways no game would be better than a sub standard game. I am sure if the guys at sms feel that the wii u is still an option, they will shout it out loud and clear. As one of those who waited an eternity for duke nukem back in the day, sometimes its better to just not live in hope and just see what comes.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bataleon, Pink_650S, Robhd

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo944 View Post
    Not being funny, but why would you want a hamstrung version of the game rather than going the ps4 route? In some ways the console owners are playing catchup to the pc, but as consoles give a more balanced playing field, (if it runs on one ps4 it should run on all of them), its an option that keeps things simple. I have been on the pc bandwagon, years of upgrades to keep up, but the ps removes that need for upgrade wars.

Personally, i hope they leave the wii u edition in its cage until either nintendo get their act together and give users more power, or until the game is fully stable and virtually bug free on other platforms.

Cutting the game down more to fit the wii u sounds like a bad plan, more likely to make people feel they are getting a second rate game than what you would actually want.

Thats not a ps4 owner lording it over the wii u and its lack of project cars, just a thought that in many ways no game would be better than a sub standard game. I am sure if the guys at sms feel that the wii u is still an option, they will shout it out loud and clear. As one of those who waited an eternity for duke nukem back in the day, sometimes its better to just not live in hope and just see what comes.
    I want to get it for Wii U so developers know releasing a game for Nintendo platforms isn't a terrible idea and destined to be a failure, I know in the grand scheme of things one sale won't help but it won't do any harm either

As for the game I obviously don't want to see it downgraded (as I presume SMS don't want to either) but was just asking what changes would need to be made to get the game onto the console.
    The following user likes this Post: St3fan

Platform
    PC
    Most likely: 30fps cap, fairly low resolution, massively scaled down graphical effects, many assets from environments removed, and who knows maybe even grid sizes and physics scaled down.

That's just a guess though. Like has been said above, eventually the castration of these things would make it a completely different game.

Probably enjoy the game 10x more running on PS4, I never expected this to be released on any of the older consoles, just not enough power.
    Last edited by EHM; 17-06-2015 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by EHM View Post
    Most likely: 30fps cap, fairly low resolution, massively scaled down graphical effects, many assets from environments removed, and who knows maybe even grid sizes and physics scaled down.
    Already planned to be capped at 720p/30fps but currently at 23fps which is the issue, from what I've read that is with all physic models (and I believe dynamic weather) seen in the other versions. I was just asking the team what would maybe have to be done to the game to get it on Wii U, obviously I don't want to see it downgraded past 720p/30fps or have any physic's models cut as SMS wouldn't want to downgrade it in such ways either as that would be a lesser version of the game which SMS certainly don't want. I dare say many Wii U fans would be ok if most assets from the environment were cut and smaller grid sizes.

Platform
    PS4
    I was wondering how long it would be before this topic came up. Good on you for keeping the conversation alive, Robbo-92, and courteously as always.

With respect to Ian and SMS, Nintendo fans would like to hear a final decision, once it's made.

Not being funny, but why would you want a hamstrung version of the game rather than going the ps4 route?
    The Wii U version appeals to me for its free multiplayer and the option for off-TV play, as well as the potential for pit commands and extra toggles on the touchscreen, or a Motec-style display without an external app/device. The Wii U is also my only console, because the PS4 and XBone lack games that appeal to me.

I would buy PCARS on Steam, but I don't know how soon I'll upgrade to hardware that could handle the game any better than the Wii U could. I don't bother keeping up with high-end stuff on PC, and I prefer to play on a console over the headaches of PC gaming.

Personally, i hope they leave the wii u edition in its cage until...the game is fully stable and virtually bug free on other platforms.
    I agree with this.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Robbo-92, UMadBro

Good to see you are sticking around as well Wolfe

I'll agree with you that having free online play is a huge bonus as I imagine I will play a lot of this game online I understand where you are coming from relating to extra functions on the gamepad such as a Motec display as that would be amazing, in reality the real reason I want this for Wii U is 1.) to show third party devs that games can succeed on Nintendo platforms, with so many jumping ship I want to support the few that are left 2.) While there is a PS4 in the house it isn't mine and gets used very frequently by its owner and for a game like Project CARS I could see myself putting days into it so having it on my console would be hugely beneficial, hence why the PS4 version is a back up for me

Platform
    PS4
    And even if you had to share the same TV (though it sounds like you don't), the Wii U has got you covered.