Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: [SEE PATCH 2.0] Playstation 4 button box

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    This would really be up to the developer to add to the game, not sony. As support is really already there, it would just need to be added at the game level (as SONY left it up to the developers on what gets sWell someupported in a game).
    Well somebody has to develop it, I don't really care who does it But If nobody starts to do something about it nothing will happen. That's why I started the two threads.

And if it's up to the developer what does that have to say with upcoming racegames like AC. If I follow your theory we would end up buying a button box for every sim racer since it's up to the developer to create them.
    PS4 PRO - PSVR - Samsung UE55ES8000 - Fanatec CSW V2 - CSP V3 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula 1 - Porsche 918 RSR - Rseat RS1
    PC: NZXT S340 Elite - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - i7 7700k 4,5 GHz - MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC 11GB - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 - Thermaltake Tt Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 - Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm - Corsair RMx 650 Watt - Oculus Rift CV1

Platform
    PS4
    Isn't this really something for the wheel manufacturers to deal with!? It would be a very niche product but a few more buttons wouldn't go amiss

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by graveltrap View Post
    Isn't this really something for the wheel manufacturers to deal with!? It would be a very niche product but a few more buttons wouldn't go amiss
    Not really. As more then just wheel manufacturers make button boxes for more then just racing games.

Quote Originally Posted by CPS-3 View Post
    Well somebody has to develop it, I don't really care who does it But If nobody starts to do something about it nothing will happen. That's why I started the two threads.

And if it's up to the developer what does that have to say with upcoming racegames like AC. If I follow your theory we would end up buying a button box for every sim racer since it's up to the developer to create them.

Nothing really needs to be developed seeing that the PS4 already has USB keyboard support, and most button boxes are seen as a keyboard with a lot fewer buttons. it is just basically trying to get the game developer to enable support for other devices (like keyboards and such) in the game.
    Last edited by madmax2069; 17-06-2015 at 22:25.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Why not just allow a second controller to be used? Admittedly not as cool as a button box but double the buttons and easy to implement, I would have thought?
    The following user likes this Post: Katilla

Platform
    PS4
    Such box would be great

Platform
    PS4
    Box = super idea
    but it 100-150 EU
    additional costs !!!

Why not support a second control ??

Steering wheel + yojstic
    = Double buttons

Everyone is!

I recommend
    second controller support for Pcars

opportunity exists
    eg. PS3 and it works GT6

Please WMD team
    answer
    this is such an opportunity?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Katilla; 18-06-2015 at 06:15.
    I am a Senior Racer 1965 --- ID: KATILLA-65-HU --- English is not my native language, sorry for the mistakes! (google translator is my friend) --- PS4 | T300RS | T500pedals | Real Assists

Platform
    PS4
    It won't happen. Consoles aren't as configurable as pc's for a start.
    PS4 + Astro A50's + Fanatec 911 Turbo s + WheelStand Pro + T300RS+ Playseat Challenge + Manual + No Assists

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Why you open the support link on the Playstation Site?

As i now, Sony allows to use external keyboards on the PS4.

So i think its on SMS to allow us to assign additional buttons to the external keyboard.

To allow as second controller will not work, i think.
    If you use a wheel, the controller has no function in the game.

If we can assign the buttons to a external keyboard, we can just buy a cheap keyboard or make a diy buttonbox, or if you want to spend more money, just buy one from Derek Spears.

Platform
    PS4
    @daddyboosive
    It is certainly doable. On ps3 you could use a DIY button box, so why would't it work with PS4... You saying "Consoles aren't as configurable as pc's for a start" is just nonsense. It's just a button box or like some others imply keyboard support, it's not rocket science.
    @vonb
    The title of this topic is PS4 button box, so why respond if you don't like the idea? I want a button box and not use a keyboard, simple as that.
    Make yourself another thread that says " Keyboard support PS4"
    The reason I started a topic on the Playstation Support site is also in my OP----> The twitter pic.

@Katilla
    As for a second controller, how does that work exactly? ON a wheel you have more or less the same buttons as a controller. But for example if I map cross button on the wheel to KERS and I want to use the cross button on the controller for something else, the cross button already has been assigned so i highly doubt that the game will map another cross button.
    Last edited by CPS-3; 18-06-2015 at 09:12.
    PS4 PRO - PSVR - Samsung UE55ES8000 - Fanatec CSW V2 - CSP V3 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula 1 - Porsche 918 RSR - Rseat RS1
    PC: NZXT S340 Elite - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - i7 7700k 4,5 GHz - MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC 11GB - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 - Thermaltake Tt Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 - Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm - Corsair RMx 650 Watt - Oculus Rift CV1

Platform
    PS4
    @ cps

OK got it
    only idea is

I do not understand him

but

if you have 2 controllers (wheels & yoj)
    We are what separate
    then why not be assigned to another button?
    10 wheels = function
    10 other controller functions

if the same
    not good
    then
    these? + 8 funktions

these
    no
    the wheel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kep-1.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	208183
    I am a Senior Racer 1965 --- ID: KATILLA-65-HU --- English is not my native language, sorry for the mistakes! (google translator is my friend) --- PS4 | T300RS | T500pedals | Real Assists