Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB 3.0 extension cable

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks for asking this (and thanks for the replies as well) because I have the same problem. I have to scoot the sofa up closer to the TV so it would be great if a USB extender cable would work. In my case, I only need a few feet.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Superkart Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    You have two USB ports in the back of the Xbox, you can even put another USB multi-port into those and give yourself an extra 4 ports.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I use a vanilla 2m USB extension cable, it does seem to be a little bit higher quality than some of the cheapies. It's not USB3

Something like this (would prefer black, but the important thing was its longer than 1.5m and not a 5m cable and not too flimsy)

Last edited by stux; 19-06-2015 at 00:20.
    XB1 + Kinect + Seagate 2TB
    TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather GT28

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I get all my cables from monoprice.com. Great quality and can't beat the prices.

I'm sure you can find something here: http://www.monoprice.com/Search/Inde...male+to+female
    Crunch

Platform
    PS4
    Well I bought a USB 2.0 today but despite all positive reactions, it does not work with the TX wheel. I get no reaction from the wheel when using such extension cable. Wheel stays silence and looks dead. Once I remove it and plug it directly into the Xbox it works back again.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Bummer.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition

Platform
    PS4
    Indeed. I aksed thrustmaster helpdesk for more info on this..

Platform
    XBOX1
    I hope it's not the case that the signal is just too weak to use an extension. Let us know what TM comes back with. How long is the cable you tried?

Platform
    PC
    Have you tested the cable with something else? Might just be a dodgy cable.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Platform
    PC
    I bought a USB 2 extension cable for my T500RS because I needed to get out of my seat every time the wheel went bezerk.
    Pre 1.4 that meant A LOT of times.
    With the extension I could disconnect and reconnect while sitting.
    But the point is: USB2 is good enough.

Btw: I'm not using it anymore because patch 1.4 solved my wheel issues...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash