Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Bell,....Is there plans for a manual?

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1

Exclamation Mr Bell,....Is there plans for a manual?

I for one would pay cash money for a comprehensive user manual. Seriously I would even subscribe to a monthly magazine style periodical that could have clubs, leagues and events advertised. You could produce this in house with simple desktop publishing applications.

Think of the revenue stream, not just from us subscribers but the wheel, pedal and cockpit manufactures, as well as XBONE, PS and even some of the specialized PC builders.

I realize you folks are dang busy and all but if this went live it should easily become yet another first for Project Cars.

If you do make millions off this idea you think you might get me a deal on Project Cars 2?

Platform
    XBOX1
    I would settle for, maybe prefer, mouseovers.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ashasha, HeeseyChelmet, OverHaased

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Or how about a free forum on the internet!

Please stop this "mr bell" stuff, lets just have an ordinary forum. If he or anybody else from the studio answers then thats great but please dont ask for it. What are you going to do if he doesnt answer? Sell the game? Start a boycot thread?
    The following user likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle Five View Post
    Or how about a free forum on the internet!

Please stop this "mr bell" stuff, lets just have an ordinary forum. If he or anybody else from the studio answers then thats great but please dont ask for it. What are you going to do if he doesnt answer? Sell the game? Start a boycot thread?
    Lighten up Frances, geesh.

I was not complaining, I was asking if a complex game could have a user manual. My Barbecue came with a manual. I even said I would pay for it.

This "free" Forum is friggen awesome and I have had so many questions answered using it. But a Manual is a completely different thing and would be an answer to all these multiple threads that keep popping up asking the same questions over and over.

The SMS staff and all the Moderators could have a default link they would just post when one of us ask another serial question.

Hope you have a better day, and I mean that.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd be happy just to get some help info on the screens that are missing it. A few of the setup/configuration/tuning screens have good information on each of the options. Other screens are completely void of any description of what an option does or how it works.

It would definitely be cool to start including some information on these screens in coming patches.
    Crunch
    The following 2 users likes this Post: joking_aura, Moon666

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I would like recommended starting points for the FFB which is still a mystery to me. I never got that physics degree in College.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ashasha, Robhd

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It would be nice to know what each of the settings do in controls option, for example controller filtering, steering sensitivity, some sound straight forward, but no reason why next to them it cant say what they do

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A manual - printed or a downloadable PDF would be the nuts. There are quite a few settings that I have absolutley no idea what they do.

It would be nice to have it all written down to reference.
    The following user likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubooo View Post
    It would be nice to know what each of the settings do in controls option, for example controller filtering, steering sensitivity, some sound straight forward, but no reason why next to them it cant say what they do
    +1

Actually that might be +a few hundred going by all the threads and questions
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 16gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift CV1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OverHaased View Post
    Lighten up Frances, geesh.

I was not complaining, I was asking if a complex game could have a user manual. My Barbecue came with a manual. I even said I would pay for it.

This "free" Forum is friggen awesome and I have had so many questions answered using it. But a Manual is a completely different thing and would be an answer to all these multiple threads that keep popping up asking the same questions over and over.

The SMS staff and all the Moderators could have a default link they would just post when one of us ask another serial question.

Hope you have a better day, and I mean that.
    I think you read to much negativity into my reply.
    And the "mr bell" wasnt directed towards you but all who asks for Ian all the time.
    I am pretty sure everybody agrees that a manual would have been great, but feels like its to late at this point.