Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SO disappointed!!

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1

SO disappointed!!

I'm new here to the forums, and don't venture into these waters very often, but I have to say it, this game is a MAJOR disappointment. It wasn't enough that the game was delayed for months on end, but now after paying over $60 to buy the game, I can't even control the freaking cars!! The Caterham Superlight R500 in the track days competition has to be one of the WORST cars I've EVER tried to drive in a video game, and I've played almost every racing game that has came out in the last 10 years!! I can't even accelerate the car without it going sideways, and I've spent hours trying to change settings in the game just to get through the race at Oulton Park!! If there is someone, ANYONE who point me in the right direction here, I would appreciate it, because I'm coming here as a LAST RESORT! Honestly, I've NEVER been so disappointed in a video game in my life, and if I can't this piece of crap car to drive right, and soon, I will be taking the game back to Gamestop, and trading it in, because my patience with Project Cars is wearing VERY thin!!!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlynsdaddie View Post
    I'm new here to the forums, and don't venture into these waters very often, but I have to say it, this game is a MAJOR disappointment. It wasn't enough that the game was delayed for months on end, but now after paying over $60 to buy the game, I can't even control the freaking cars!! The Caterham Superlight R500 in the track days competition has to be one of the WORST cars I've EVER tried to drive in a video game, and I've played almost every racing game that has came out in the last 10 years!! I can't even accelerate the car without it going sideways, and I've spent hours trying to change settings in the game just to get through the race at Oulton Park!! If there is someone, ANYONE who point me in the right direction here, I would appreciate it, because I'm coming here as a LAST RESORT! Honestly, I've NEVER been so disappointed in a video game in my life, and if I can't this piece of crap car to drive right, and soon, I will be taking the game back to Gamestop, and trading it in, because my patience with Project Cars is wearing VERY thin!!!
    I would help but I'm on an xbone. Sorry about that! But any help you may need you can PM me

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I actually do play on Xbox One, but for some reason they listed me as playing on pc. Thanks for offering to help, if you have anything that can assist me, by all means, let me know, because I've all but given up here.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The 500 is a handful but when the tyre reach optimal temperature the thing is fun as hell

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlynsdaddie View Post
    I'm sure the nice helpful members here will get you going soon enough, there's heaps of info and support here.

For starters, did you try actually putting on an assist or two? Some TC would probably be a good start.

Are you up to date with patches? I.e. you should be at 1.4, with game size 19GB? You should also reset your XB after the patch.

Also, what racing games are you coming from? You might be just over-driving the car and need to take it a little easier for a while to build up speed and control.

Is it only the R500 that's a problem? I.e. take out a GT3 car and report back.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, TheReaper GT

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TenthDan View Post

Also, what racing games are you coming from? You might be just over-driving the car and need to take it a little easier for a while to build up speed and control.
    ^^ This. If youdrive PCars like you would Forza you will likely be spending most of your time making doughnut shaped marks on the road no matter what car you drive.

Are you on a wheel or controller? There are setup guides for each on the forums here, but really you will have to get used to the fine controls required to play this as compared to other games.

Personally, I hate the Superlight for exactly the reasons you posted above. The Ariel is the car from hell. Formula A will also give you an ulcer until you figure out this game's required pedal/trigger control. Try something like the formula gulf 1000 or the Caterham 300 LMP3, both are very forgiving but still powerful enough to be a ton of fun and let you know when you are pushing the car too hard.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: kaitlynsdaddie, Saul93, TrevorAustin

Platform
    XBOX1
    Dang dude, that sounds like pure torture. But before we totally lose our heads here, let's take a deep breath. I mean, think of little Kaitlyn right now, we don't want to do anything rash.

The Caterham Superlight R500 just slams sideways when you apply the throttle? Right? Well, that's just no good. Personally I haven't driven this car (or at least I don't remember ever driving this car), but based on everything you've written I'm quite sure that it's undrivable. Let's quit that, like right now. Don't spend hours adjusting the settings for a useless and ridiculous car, don't pass go, don't collect $200, just get the hell out of there. Trust me, I'm a bachelor so I'm kind of familiar with this philosophy.

Have you driven any of the GT3 cars in the game? They're really stable. Now that I've written that I'm already guessing your answer. Yes, you've driven every single GT3 car in the game and you've spent hours adjusting the settings and you've driven every racing game in the past 10 years and well the car just slams sideways without warning. Well that sucks too.

Hmmm, okay let's talk control settings. I know, I know, you don't need any advice ... but hey, let's think this through. Have you checked out some of the very cool discussions here on these forums about adjusting the Xbox controller or the game supported racing wheels? Yes, of course you have - how stupid of me. What was I thinking?!

Oh boy, now I'm going to get really serious here. You ready for it? Yes, of course you are, you're the man. I'm just going to throw this out there, so please forgive my insolence. Could it be you? Hang on, don't flip out on me just yet - hear me out! I understand you've been playing racing games for 10 years, and that's quite impressive, but is it even remotely possible that you might have to adapt to this game? Maybe put in some practice sessions and even (oh the horror!) turn on some of the available driving aids such as ABS and TCS?

No of course not, that's not it either. I can't believe I even thought that for a moment. Dude, I apologize. I can't help you, and for that I'm genuinely sorry. It might just be for the best that you return Project CARS to GameStop and get a refund (or at least store credit). Sometimes things in life just don't work out the way you had hoped (again, I'm a bachelor so I know about this too).
    The following 3 users likes this Post: agentbeef, kaitlynsdaddie, TheReaper GT

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Strange I think the superlight is brilliant once tyres are warmed up and I don't use any assists either. Just need to be delicate on the throttle.
    25 laps same track ramping up the speed each time and you will change your opinion.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bc525 View Post
    Dang dude, that sounds like pure torture. But before we totally lose our heads here, let's take a deep breath. I mean, think of little Kaitlyn right now, we don't want to do anything rash.

The Caterham Superlight R500 just slams sideways when you apply the throttle? Right? Well, that's just no good. Personally I haven't driven this car (or at least I don't remember ever driving this car), but based on everything you've written I'm quite sure that it's undrivable. Let's quit that, like right now. Don't spend hours adjusting the settings for a useless and ridiculous car, don't pass go, don't collect $200, just get the hell out of there. Trust me, I'm a bachelor so I'm kind of familiar with this philosophy.

Have you driven any of the GT3 cars in the game? They're really stable. Now that I've written that I'm already guessing your answer. Yes, you've driven every single GT3 car in the game and you've spent hours adjusting the settings and you've driven every racing game in the past 10 years and well the car just slams sideways without warning. Well that sucks too.

Hmmm, okay let's talk control settings. I know, I know, you don't need any advice ... but hey, let's think this through. Have you checked out some of the very cool discussions here on these forums about adjusting the Xbox controller or the game supported racing wheels? Yes, of course you have - how stupid of me. What was I thinking?!

Oh boy, now I'm going to get really serious here. You ready for it? Yes, of course you are, you're the man. I'm just going to throw this out there, so please forgive my insolence. Could it be you? Hang on, don't flip out on me just yet - hear me out! I understand you've been playing racing games for 10 years, and that's quite impressive, but is it even remotely possible that you might have to adapt to this game? Maybe put in some practice sessions and even (oh the horror!) turn on some of the available driving aids such as ABS and TCS?

No of course not, that's not it either. I can't believe I even thought that for a moment. Dude, I apologize. I can't help you, and for that I'm genuinely sorry. It might just be for the best that you return Project CARS to GameStop and get a refund (or at least store credit). Sometimes things in life just don't work out the way you had hoped (again, I'm a bachelor so I know about this too).
    That doesn't sound at all creepy then.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticalHercules View Post
    ^^ This. If youdrive PCars like you would Forza you will likely be spending most of your time making doughnut shaped marks on the road no matter what car you drive.

Are you on a wheel or controller? There are setup guides for each on the forums here, but really you will have to get used to the fine controls required to play this as compared to other games.

Personally, I hate the Superlight for exactly the reasons you posted above. The Ariel is the car from hell. Formula A will also give you an ulcer until you figure out this game's required pedal/trigger control. Try something like the formula gulf 1000 or the Caterham 300 LMP3, both are very forgiving but still powerful enough to be a ton of fun and let you know when you are pushing the car too hard.
    Boy do I get tired of the Forza insulting around here, yes Project Cars is a good game in and of itself but so is Forza. In fact I appreciate Forza a great deal more since Project Cars, Forza has a whole lot fewer bugs and is more enjoyable due to that fact. However, when Project Cars works I enjoy the much more dynamic environments.

But truth be told you don't have to be a real race car driver you handle Project Cars despite what so many want to believe. I find the easiest way to tame some of the most difficult vehicles in this game is to simply drop about 4 bar of tire pressure. I know your thinking "really, that actually has that much effect"? Trust me and just try it, I was having trouble with the Caterham and a few others and this one simple thing allows me to drive pretty much any car in this game.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: B FIFE22, EMW Grogan, IgorTheHunchback, jason, Sonic6L, wearymick