Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is DRS, KRS ?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

What is DRS, KRS ?

Just curious as the Merc DTM car apparently has DRS and I have mapped a button to it but I dont see any result from using it. I know that KRS is an enrichment to the fuel system, delivering added HP in straights. But the DRS is escaping me here.

I just started working with the Merc DTM car and was doing some TT with it. If anyone can tell me what DRS is used for it would be greatly appreciated.

Charles

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Krs is an electric booster that uses the energy generated by the brakes. Drs is the rear wing, when you activate it opens to reduce drag.
    Last edited by TheReaper GT; 19-06-2015 at 05:30.
    The following user likes this Post: LMR ShOwTiMe875

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That make sense. Thank you.

Didn't think it was possible, but I like the DTM car even better now. I went from a 1:46.666 to a 1:45.575 on my out lap at Monza and I belive I can get more with a little time spent in the car.

Thanks again for the assist.

Charles
    Last edited by Charles Gillen; 19-06-2015 at 06:03.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LMR ShOwTiMe875, TheReaper GT

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Gillen View Post
    That make sense. Thank you.

Didn't think it was possible, but I like the DTM car even better now. I went from a 1:46.666 to a 1:45.575 on my out lap at Monza and I belive I can get more with a little time spent in the car.

Thanks again for the assist.

Charles
    Glad to know that, keep up. Just never open that thing on the middle of a corner, you're gonna spin like a helicopter. Hahaha

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Is the button toggle or does it just open DRS and I have to brake to close it ?

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    AFAIK it will just open the Wing... Brake to Close it
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OppaErich View Post
    The button opens and closes but if you touch the brakes it will close too
    The following user likes this Post: PeoplesChampion

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OppaErich View Post
    Oppa !! The same Oppa from Moto GP and Forza back in he day ?!?! (Dazteddy here as you may have known me)

DRS can be toggled on the button but braking does automatically close it, in some cars the "Kink" on Hockenheim (After the turn 4 Hairpin) is enough to spin the car with the DRS wing open, toggling it means you dont have to brake to close it
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Have tracks like Monza, Spa etc, specific DRS zones like in F1 ? I Haven't noticed any DRS signs yet !
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    Have tracks specific DRS zones like in F1 ? I Haven't noticed any DRS signs yet !
    No, you can use it whenever you want.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Ixoye56