Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions

Platform
    PC

First impressions

This is not the best way to create a good impression but I'm speaking the truth so take from it what you will...

Why is it that we spend more time researching problems, fixes, patches etc every time we get a racing sim/game rather than just enjoying the damn driving?

I've been eagerly awaiting pCars and in the meantime promoting it's release to friends within the racing scene.

Take iRacing... within minutes of signing up, my triple screen (5760 x 1080) Eyefinity setup, Trackir5 and Fanatec GT2 / CSP v1 was all recognised and I was racing 'that night'....woahhhh.... never!

Same with my flight simulation software (X-Plane, DCSW World, CLOD) with respective Saitek flight controllers, to name but a few and even Euro Truck Simulator 2 but the minute I come back to try racing titles, it's the same old .... read this, alter this, do this, try that....ahhhhhhh - it's bloody nonsense!

Last night I purchased pCars (limited edition) via Steam just to check it out - as soon as I hit the controller setup screen I could find no way to calibrate the pedals - 5 minutes later... on Google for 15 minutes to learn how to do this...I have every confidence pCars will be a winner - it looks great but I have no intention of putting up with all the frustration I've had in the past with other racing titles...

My patience clock is now ticking! - rant over (ooooh, I feel better for that)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Because people don't learn from their mistakes and keep pre-ordering/buying all these unfinished games. Same goes with cutting out game content and selling it as DLC. The gaming industry became such a huge market over the last decade, so much money involved etc., so they can get away with almost anything now.
    Sure you get the occasional complainers but the majority is just being a sucker for anything the industry throws at them.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Anyone who can get X-Plane going without googling for days gets the utmost respect from me!! Wow, that X-Plane UI is mega-crazy! I use Microsoft FlightSim X and every time I start it I have to tweak something or other (I have loads of hardware and software add-ons for it). Shame you had trouble spotting the calibration pedals option in Project Cars. Have fun with the game now you have pedals working. BTW for your TrackIR to work in Project Cars, select Helmet Cam as your view - it works automatically in that view (TrackIR is disabled in other views).
    The following user likes this Post: squibjb66

Umer Ahmad
    I heard it takes 2 minutes to do the correct pre-flight sequence in ARMA to get the helicopter just to take off.

The pCARS UI has everything, there are guys like you playing 3x screens with TrackIR (and a host of other instruments). Perhaps it (the UI) needs some adjustments to make it easier to find things.

Good news is once you're setup you never have to visit those screens again. I have not touched the Calibrate screen in over 1 year (just recognizes my G27 perfectly) nor the button mapping screen since game release
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Blackvault, Luke Townsend, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    I heard it takes 2 minutes to do the correct pre-flight sequence in ARMA to get the helicopter just to take off.

i have all arma series and there is not preflight sequence for vehicles..... wht do you mean with pre seq?????
    it is not a real flight sim.... did you mean advanced flight model on arma3??? again is far from flight sim .

Umer Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSyr View Post
    i have all arma series and there is not preflight sequence for vehicles..... wht do you mean with pre seq?????
    it is not a real flight sim.... did you mean advanced flight model on arma3??? again is far from flight sim .
    Sorry military games and FPShooters are not my genre. I mean this AMRA3 mod

I respect that level of sim however, great stuff.

Platform
    PC
    Moved to General Discussion since there is no technical question being asked. Also clarified the title....
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    ok . this is a mod and not the arma3 original flight model
    i understand now what pre seq you say

Platform
    PC
    Guys,
    I love forums and have actively contributed to many over the years - this first post is not my normal way of saying 'Hi', but I am very impressed with your reactions. i'm sure you're right when you say it will all be OK once everything is setup - it's just such a PITA reading of all the issues devoted supporters of the genre have to continually contend with. Anyway, enough said, I'm pleased that some (if not all) of my views are shared by others too - must have been or else I would have had a right slagging! Happy racing guys... hope to see you on the black stuff soon...
    Last edited by slicker55; 19-06-2015 at 17:52.
    The following user likes this Post: GPNeville

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by slicker55 View Post
    Why is it that we spend more time researching problems, fixes, patches etc every time we get a racing sim/game rather than just enjoying the damn driving?
    Speak for yourself, I've spent 100's of hours driving already and probably less than 2 trying to fix an issue.
    Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 4GHz Overclocked 4.5GHz | Videocard: Asus GTX 980 | Gamepad: Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheel Base + Formula Rim + Clubsport V2 |
    Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64