Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people did not buy DLC and why?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I absolutely fail to see how anyone who sees the effort we're putting into the Xbox can accuse us of considering it to be an afterthought.

Next patch we're basically 60 FPS everywhere. We are using the spare core that just opened a few weeks before shipping. We are fully dynamic on both weather and rain at these framerates when first parties are running similar dynamic systems at 30 FPS.

I'm almost shocked that anyone wouldn't buy the DLC pack at the price we put it out at.
    OK, let's keep things in perspective here. I said it "feels like an afterthought" - which was just an opinion (that I also apologised for). I'm not for one second doubting your dedication in making the XB1 version of the game somewhat better but in saying that I have to make my judgement on what I have in front of me at this moment in time.
    I like PCars (a lot) and maintain that it genuinely deserves to compete against similar games - but 'at this moment in time', for various reasons (which have been covered over and over again), the XB1 format simply does not work.

I would absolutely love to play this game on a different format if only to experience the game as it should be experienced. I want to be able to submit a time onto a correct leaderboard. I want to be able to select an online lobby instead of hoping for the best with the random search method. I want to be able to just play the game exactly the same way as everyone else does. Is that such a terrible thing to ask ?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheFrog View Post
    OK, let's keep things in perspective here. I said it "feels like an afterthought" - which was just an opinion (that I also apologised for). I'm not for one second doubting your dedication in making the XB1 version of the game somewhat better but in saying that I have to make my judgement on what I have in front of me at this moment in time.
    I like PCars (a lot) and maintain that it genuinely deserves to compete against similar games - but 'at this moment in time', for various reasons (which have been covered over and over again), the XB1 format simply does not work.

I would absolutely love to play this game on a different format if only to experience the game as it should be experienced. I want to be able to submit a time onto a correct leaderboard. I want to be able to select an online lobby instead of hoping for the best with the random search method. I want to be able to just play the game exactly the same way as everyone else does. Is that such a terrible thing to ask ?
    No one accused you of asking terrible things.

The Xbox version 'does work', sorry. That's another wrongful accusation. We have 300,000 plus people having a great time with it.

I accused you of being inaccurate by telling us the XBox felt like an afterthought, as it most certainly wasn't/isn't, and I posted my reasons against such an accusation. That's what you said and that's what I'm responding to...
    The following user likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

The Xbox version 'does work', sorry. That's another wrongful accusation. We have 300,000 plus people having a great time with it.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I wholeheartedly respect yours.
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I am one of those 300 000 people! I haven't had this much fun on a racing game in years. Tnx to Ian and his team for having the vision to make this game. Great job! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the future....
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, GPNeville, Ian Bell

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizards ZA View Post
    I am one of those 300 000 people! I haven't had this much fun on a racing game in years. Tnx to Ian and his team for having the vision to make this game. Great job! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the future....
    I second that !!!!.....Destroys Forza n they are microsofts love child with unlimited funds, and FM6 is pants.
    Give SMS time to fix the issues and then judge the game, but even in its current form its still the best Xbone racer.
    Afterall SMS have fixed more in 10 weeks than Turn 10 did in 10 years lol.....
    And DLC at £2 or there abouts is crazy cheap........Forza 6 £85 lol for what regurgetated garbage, with weather n night from GT4.
    I know where ill be for the forseable future!!!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Charles Gillen, Efill4ziggiN, Ian Bell, Wizards ZA

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    My brother and I are two more Xbox gamers who have been enjoying Project Cars every single day. And I myself am hugely obsessed with racing simulations and have been since the days of the first Gran Turismo on the original Playstation.

Project Cars is not only playable on Xbox One, I believe it is the best racing simulation to come along for a console.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, Ian Bell, Wizards ZA

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    And another xbox user who has been enjoying PCARS every day since day 1.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, Ian Bell, Wizards ZA

Platform
    PC
    I didn't buy the DLC because ... it was offered by SMS to me as a WMD member d(^_~ )

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    This is more about principle, paid content before critical issues are fixed, no thanks.
    I hope you don't believe SMS to be a handful of devs working on every tasks. SMS has lots of devs, and while some specific devs are working on fixes, what should those specializing in car/track modelization, thos specialized in physics ... what do those devs should do in the meantime?
    Should SMS hold the content which is ready?

That may be your opinion, but i'm sure all who bought those DLC are happy SMS released them.

Quote Originally Posted by mire2 View Post
    Ok i must join this.....but the devs holded some cars in the back to release them later as DLC.....example: in fall 2014 they released the ford mustang GT 2015 to play and test for the WMD members....but the mustang is still not in the game after almost 1 year, so i think they will release the mustang as DLC....something like that isnt correct, to hold thinga in the back which are since month ready to join in the game.....also the bentleys....they are long time ready, but they dont added them into the game at release, so we must buy the cars as DLC......

when new manufactures and new cars gets added as DLC, which where produced after the release of Pcars, then i have no problem with that and i will always buy the DLC's......but to hold things in the back at release and put them a few weeks later as DLC to buy , is not very nice i think.......why they dont added all cars which where ready befor release into the game at release?.......
    I would be good you don't assume everything you said is right.
    While it is true that the Bentleys were done visually, it was far from done physics-wise and sounds-wise when the game released (some people might even say that some other bit of the game were not done either >__<).

And you have lot's of things to consider when talking about DLCs.
    The content of the game is not necessarily about how much time you have, but also how many sales you can do. Each car and track needs money to be done, and an hardcore racing sim without the support from a big publisher has almost no hope in making several millions of sales. So you have to consider how many (how much) you can put in the base game for the price it will be sold to, and still have benefits. It doesn't prevent the studio to start new content during the development phase funding it with DLC in might from the start. That's not content that was removed, just content that would have never seen the light if there were no DLCs.

That said, while I admit the game may lack in number of cars (but not in diversity) it has the largest roster of track any 1st game of an IP has ever seen (even the next Forza 6 despite their unlimited budget, having 17 tracks ready thanks to FM5 will only be released with 24 tracks, with fixed weather and time of day ... etc). So I would not say that the game lacks in content nor in features.

There is also some cars are DLC mandatory since some car manufacturer are asking for a fee (percentage) on every sales of the car.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.2GHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 AMP | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: Pimax 5K+ VR headset | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, GPNeville, Ian Bell, macmac__, Morgan Henstridge, RomKnight, tntcbag, Wizards ZA

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have no problem buying DLC if it adds something good to the game. The project cars DLCs are cheap and well made. I'll buy every single one of them for sure. I wanna buy the MOdified car pack also. Ian, please, make it happen. PS4 users in the US can buy it, xbox one users should too.

Platform
    PC
    I'm almost shocked that anyone wouldn't buy the DLC pack at the price we put it out at.
    Difficult to try them when the game won't allow one to 'cos it crashes.
    Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4820K ~ Motherboard ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79
    16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz
    Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780
    T300RS wheel ~ Windows 10 Build 10586

http://steamsignature.com/profile/en...8009689768.png