Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How do I select a colour?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC

    How do I select a colour?

    Okay, I got this game yesterday and selecting one of the stock paint jobs for cars is lost on me. I go to My garage, select a car and use the arrows to change the colour scheme. So far so good, except when I then go into career mode or solo race etc, the car colour ingame is different. How do I get the colour scheme to save? I've also tried selecting the colour, then clicking on "create set up" then saving, still doesn't work. I want to do a custom livery eventually but I want to make sure I can actually use it before I spend the time on it.

    Devs, when I have to create a forum account just to ask about a simple thing like this after being unsuccessful at finding a solution that works on the internet (many myths flying around, some real legends forming and verging on ridiculous, and nothing anyone suggests works) then you know that there are some improvements to make on the UI.

  2. #2
    WMD Member Disposable_Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    294
    Platform
    PC
    Hit the green dot next to the arrows to accept the livery selected.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K@3.3GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB [353.06] MB: Asus P8Z68-V LX [4102] MEM: Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM HDD: Corsair Force GT SSD 180GB [5.05] Wheel: Logitech G27 [5.10.127.0] OS: Win7 Pro x64 SP1
    In-game settings:
    RESOLUTION=1920x1080@60HZ TEXTURES=HIGH AF=x16 VSYNC=Adaptive SMAA=HIGH REFLECTIONS=HIGH ENVMAP=HIGH GRASS=HIGH TRACK/CAR/SHADOW DETAILS=HIGH MOTIONBLUR=OFF VISUALFX=FULL/ON/YES/HIGH
    When you feel that the road is escaping you, when you say to yourself, "That's it, I'm going off",
    but then instead you stay on the track, that's when you reached your limit;you've gone as fast as you could.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Disposable_Hero View Post
    Hit the green dot next to the arrows to accept the livery selected.
    As I said, that didn't work. Edit: ok I didn't, I meant to. Now I have, doesn't work.
    Last edited by Destyre; 19-06-2015 at 23:25.

  4. #4
    WMD Member Disposable_Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    294
    Platform
    PC
    Of course it works, if not there would be thousands of complaints like this.
    I suggest you upload a screenshot for each step you do (and marking the UI element clicked).
    Then it should be pretty obvious what's wrong here.
    Also note that livery is predetermined by your contract in career, you can't choose.
    Also the car/livery in my garage is reflecting what you were doing last.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K@3.3GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB [353.06] MB: Asus P8Z68-V LX [4102] MEM: Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM HDD: Corsair Force GT SSD 180GB [5.05] Wheel: Logitech G27 [5.10.127.0] OS: Win7 Pro x64 SP1
    In-game settings:
    RESOLUTION=1920x1080@60HZ TEXTURES=HIGH AF=x16 VSYNC=Adaptive SMAA=HIGH REFLECTIONS=HIGH ENVMAP=HIGH GRASS=HIGH TRACK/CAR/SHADOW DETAILS=HIGH MOTIONBLUR=OFF VISUALFX=FULL/ON/YES/HIGH
    When you feel that the road is escaping you, when you say to yourself, "That's it, I'm going off",
    but then instead you stay on the track, that's when you reached your limit;you've gone as fast as you could.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Disposable_Hero View Post
    Of course it works, if not there would be thousands of complaints like this.
    I suggest you upload a screenshot for each step you do (and marking the UI element clicked).
    Then it should be pretty obvious what's wrong here.
    Also note that livery is predetermined by your contract in career, you can't choose.
    Also the car/livery in my garage is reflecting what you were doing last.
    DOESN'T. WORK. (not in other game modes either) Why would I spend all this time making an account to complain about this if it had worked? Little green dot, I know what you mean. If you wonder why there aren't more complaints like this, maybe most don't care enough or can't be bothered to make an account on this forum just for that. However, the steam forums have posts about it. I go to my garage, I find the car, do the skin etc, click the dot then go to solo play. Different skin on my car.
    Last edited by Destyre; 19-06-2015 at 23:56.

  6. #6
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    20
    Platform
    XBOX1
    When starting an invitational race series (not the main contract one) in Career mode, there is a "Select Car" option. It is only available before you start/skip the first practice of the first event in the series. Use this option to select your car and color/livery for the series.

    I think for other solo modes, you select the car/color in setting up the session.

    As has been said, you can't pick the livery for the main series under contract in career.

    This is all from memory, so I apologize if there are inaccuracies.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic7 View Post
    When starting an invitational race series (not the main contract one) in Career mode, there is a "Select Car" option. It is only available before you start/skip the first practice of the first event in the series. Use this option to select your car and color/livery for the series.

    I think for other solo modes, you select the car/color in setting up the session.

    As has been said, you can't pick the livery for the main series under contract in career.

    This is all from memory, so I apologize if there are inaccuracies.
    Thanks I'll give that a try.
    The following user likes this Post: PorscheFanatic7


  8. #8
    WMD Member Alan Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    922
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Destyre View Post
    Okay, I got this game yesterday and selecting one of the stock paint jobs for cars is lost on me. I go to My garage, select a car and use the arrows to change the colour scheme. So far so good, except when I then go into career mode or solo race etc, the car colour ingame is different. How do I get the colour scheme to save? I've also tried selecting the colour, then clicking on "create set up" then saving, still doesn't work. I want to do a custom livery eventually but I want to make sure I can actually use it before I spend the time on it.

    Devs, when I have to create a forum account just to ask about a simple thing like this after being unsuccessful at finding a solution that works on the internet (many myths flying around, some real legends forming and verging on ridiculous, and nothing anyone suggests works) then you know that there are some improvements to make on the UI.
    You have to set the Car/Livery combo for EACH of the games different modes(Career Invitationals, Quick Race, Free Practice, Time Trial). There is no one Global setting.
    And before you go off ranting about it, a Global car/livery selection has been requested and added to the 'would like to do eventually' list for the Devs months ago. Other Priorities in the dev cycle come first. Patience please.
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R398.11) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels


    Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. [ANSWERED] How to select livery
    By Lipti in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-07-2016, 18:41
  2. Changing car colour.
    By LemonMule in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 14:00
  3. Colour Banding at night
    By Photonmonkey in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 18-09-2015, 17:05
  4. Headlight colour
    By BatteredSav in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-06-2015, 09:56
  5. Random menu pre-select
    By Bigsteviet in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 12:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •