Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linearity ans speed sensitivity

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Linearity ans speed sensitivity

Ok using a fanatec csw v2, I dont like 900 degrees steering rotation, if I set on wheel settings to 270 degrees I get straight line wobbles. If I turn the wheel slightly they disapear? I have found if I change the linearity to 50 on the wheel it eliminates nearly all the wobble, but then causes slow initial turn in. In game you adjust steering sensitivity is that related to wheel turn speed? I.e. lower value lower initial turn speed response/higher value higher intial turn speed response? Can l cancel one aginst the other, or is the another way round getting a shorter turning lock, dropping steering ratios down to the minium still isnt guick enough. I have got a t300rs and l reduced the lock down on that to 270 with no problems so dont understand why l have this problem with csw v2. Please any advice welcome.
    Last edited by chase66down; 20-06-2015 at 18:11.
    Fanatec csw v2
    multi hub
    Inverted v3 pedals
    ps4

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Well been wasting my time again, set the wheel dor to off and turn down in game steering ratio straight line woble comes back. Seems like theres a problem with reducing steering lock with the fanatec csw v2 be it in game or via wheel, like l said the t300rs can run with 270 degrees set on wheel no problem. I bought the fanatec as it is a better quality wheel but is useless to me if cant choose my rotation angle unless future dlc will have trucks and buses included. Please respond with explaination/ answer. This is the 3rd day with no driving its not why l bought the game, was the hardware actually fully tested accross all platforms? Not done any F1 yet, how are you supposed drive with 900 dor, to many things just get in the way of actually being able to enjoy the game and progress with the career. Sorry if this looks as being a rant.
    Fanatec csw v2
    multi hub
    Inverted v3 pedals
    ps4

Platform
    PC
    You should use 900 DoR because pCARS will map to real car counterpart. So you'll only use whatever degrees the real car uses and NOT 900 unless that's the car REAL value.

You can make the steering lock faster in the car setup though.

As a WO which I don't know if it works is by calibrating the wheel until you see 270 or whatever you want ofc.

I'd start by the steering lock in the car setup menu but to each his own. I have absolutely no problems in doing this.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, redruMKO

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Fortuna View Post
    You should use 900 DoR because pCARS will map to real car counterpart. So you'll only use whatever degrees the real car uses and NOT 900 unless that's the car REAL value.

You can make the steering lock faster in the car setup though.

As a WO which I don't know if it works is by calibrating the wheel until you see 270 or whatever you want ofc.

I'd start by the steering lock in the car setup menu but to each his own. I have absolutely no problems in doing this.
    l set wheel dor to 900 then calibrate in game turn left untill lock turn right untill lock reads 100 then enter. Then rotate wheel to read 900 then enter and save. If l then reduce steering ratio in car set up l get massive steering woble in a straight line untill l start to turn, then woble comes back when l straighten up. Not sure what each to there own means. If l reduce dor on wheel same thing happens even steering ratio left at default. When calibrating wheel when turn wheel left and right it vibrates when the locks are reached? And is difficult to rotate to 900 degrees it eems to jump from 899/901.
    Last edited by chase66down; 20-06-2015 at 22:59.
    Fanatec csw v2
    multi hub
    Inverted v3 pedals
    ps4

Platform
    PC
    I dont understand why you would want less DOR... PCars Set the DOR Per Car For you and it Seems to be Pretty Correct... What Car are you Driving and what do you Have the "MZ" Setting on??? That controls wheel centering Force....@ 270 DOR You will Never get a Clean Fast lap in PCars... 270 DOR is for Forza.... It wont work on PCars you will be loosing all Smoothness while turning... unless your making a Drift tune.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I dont understand why you would want less DOR... PCars Set the DOR Per Car For you and it Seems to be Pretty Correct... What Car are you Driving and what do you Have the "MZ" Setting on??? That controls wheel centering Force....@ 270 DOR You will Never get a Clean Fast lap in PCars... 270 DOR is for Forza.... It wont work on PCars you will be loosing all Smoothness while turning... unless your making a Drift tune.
    lm used to a fast turning wheel always done since a sidewinder on toca 98, l had my t300rs set on wheel to 270 degrees, calibrate would hit lock stops at 135 left 135 right and rotate to 900 then all all cars would have a 270 lock to lock. I can drive smooth thrers no drifting. I shouldbe able to do the sme with the csw v2. The mz is a jack spade etting that worked fine with the t300rs which is global to all wheels as l understand it. Any thoughts welcome please Grimeydog. I cant set the rotation exactly to 900 as it flicks between 899/901 is that ok?
    Last edited by chase66down; 20-06-2015 at 22:59.
    Fanatec csw v2
    multi hub
    Inverted v3 pedals
    ps4

Platform
    PC
    Thats ok but i can Calibrate my V2 to 900 you just have to be Very Still... i turn the wheel and Put my knee under the Rim to hold it Steady and get 900 then push the button to Lock it in....Im using My own FFB tuning If your using a V2 i will post my FFB PDF and you can try it....Dont Mic it with other settings Frive it with a Stock un-Tuned Car Suspension andnset your DOR to Aut/Off.... Also i Have No Dead Zone set in my Wheel ir pedals in the Controler set up menu... Set Sensitivity to 50% and Dead Zone to Off. Ive Noted where to + or - and what Effect that Setting Controles.... Thats 1 of the Big Problems there are no Clear instructions with the settings. Use my PDF and Tweek you should find a Good Sweet Spot...i didnt like Jack Spades because i Did not have enough Car Feel Especially in for the Rear end.

These settings can be used with any wheel but you will have to + or - on the Masters to avoid FFB Clipping... The Masters are Very Wheel Dependent some wheels can take More FFB input than others but with a V2 you can use the Global Settings as they are... the in car settings also but i use a Diff "MZ" Setting depending on what Car im Driving.... Ex: LMP1 "MZ" 100 Gt "MZ" 90 and
    Gt 3&4 "MZ" 60 but thats all about your personal FFB Taste..... "MZ" Controles Wheel Centering Force.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 20-06-2015 at 23:12.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Thats ok but i can Calibrate my V2 to 900 you just have to be Very Still... i turn the wheel and Put my knee under the Rim to hold it Steady and get 900 then push the button to Lock it in....Im using My own FFB tuning If your using a V2 i will post my FFB PDF and you can try it....Dont Mic it with other settings Frive it with a Stock un-Tuned Car Suspension andnset your DOR to Aut/Off.... Also i Have No Dead Zone set in my Wheel ir pedals in the Controler set up menu... Set Sensitivity to 50% and Dead Zone to Off. Ive Noted where to + or - and what Effect that Setting Controles.... Thats 1 of the Big Problems there are no Clear instructions with the settings. Use my PDF and Tweek you should find a Good Sweet Spot...i didnt like Jack Spades because i Did not have enough Car Feel Especially in for the Rear end.
    Thanks for 900 setting tip, will try your settings and hopes it makes the turning reduced, otherwise will shelve the csw v2 and set the cheaper t300rs wheel back up which would be bitter pill to take.
    Fanatec csw v2
    multi hub
    Inverted v3 pedals
    ps4

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Grimeydog, what are your complete on wheel values please
    Fanatec csw v2
    multi hub
    Inverted v3 pedals
    ps4

Platform
    PC
    Even though you Set 900 you Never Use 900....its Something you will Have to get used to Racing a Sim.... Arcade Racers can use 270 and Feel Fine but a Sim is Different it Needs More DOR.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 21-06-2015 at 00:08.
    The following user likes this Post: