Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Trial

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Time Trial

Hi guys and gals,

Ive been having a go at the good old time tral around silverstone GP in the formula A car.

Not doing too bad 109th at the moment.

Can you use car setups in the time trials? (if so how)?

if you cant how the hell do you get a time off 1:30 lol

Platform
    PS4
    i think if you save a setup for a car and track you'll automatically use it if you do a time trial at that track with that car.

someone correct me if im wrong
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LeeGestuhl, Mark Quigley

Superkart Pilot Baron_Greenback's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    If you apply a setup to a car it should be applied automatically in TT, unless you've saved the setup for a particular track, that isn't the one you're playing.
    Sabertooth 990FX : FX9590 : 16GB Dominator 2133mhz : GTX970 STRIX 4GB : Antec HCG 850W : Windows 8.1 x64 : G27
    The following user likes this Post: LeeGestuhl

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That makes sense then becuase i cant see a way of beating 10secs

Platform
    PS4
    Doubt you'll find 10 secs a lap by tuning the setup (depends on track).
    The proper fast guys are just freaks. Driving technique, track knowledge goes a long way. Some of it will be found in good peripherals, although many of the fastest guys are using a controller (freaks ).
    Some of the top times are achieved by cutting corners. Don't count them.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Baron_Greenback

Superkart Pilot girlracerTracey's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by englewood View Post
    Hi guys and gals,

Ive been having a go at the good old time tral around silverstone GP in the formula A car.

Not doing too bad 109th at the moment.

Can you use car setups in the time trials? (if so how)?

if you cant how the hell do you get a time off 1:30 lol
    I really enjoy the Time Trial mode in racing games and Project CARS is no different. I've also been trying out the Formula A cars but at Brands g.p. circuit which I don't often get the chance to race on in bike racing games. Doing TT's round there has taught me a lot about this game and I really enjoyed learning how to get the best I could out of the Formula A car. It's a great car to race / time trial on for me. So yes TT is an essential part of this game imo. It's a great way of learning how to set-up the cars in the game and how to make consistent & safe laps.

My only gripe (sorry Ian & SMS) is that I find it really awkward to have to back out of Time Trial mode and go all the way over to free practice mode to adjust my car set-up. I'm sure this will have been mentioned and/or highlighted by others on this forum but it would be so. much easier to be able to directly access and adjust car set-ups in Time Trial mode.

Sorry if this has been asked before but are there any plans to implement car set-ups in TT mode?

Thanks to anyone who might know in advance.

grT
    Last edited by girlracerTracey; 21-06-2015 at 22:02.
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"

Superkart Pilot Baron_Greenback's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by girlracerTracey View Post
    My only gripe (sorry Ian & SMS) is that I find it really awkward to have to back out of Time Trial mode and go all the way over to free practice mode to adjust my car set-up. I'm sure this will have been mentioned and/or highlighted by others on this forum but it would be so. much easier to be able to directly access and adjust car set-ups in Time Trial mode.
    You can go to my garage, in the menu (left and up from 'options') You don't need to enter free practice. It's still a PITA that we can't make alterations on the fly though.
    Sabertooth 990FX : FX9590 : 16GB Dominator 2133mhz : GTX970 STRIX 4GB : Antec HCG 850W : Windows 8.1 x64 : G27
    The following user likes this Post: girlracerTracey

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    So ive managed to put a lap in at 1.35.500 with no changes to the car.

1.34 seems impoosible and it says in the top right of the screen where the sector times are "Potental Lap Time 1.20 yeah right).

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Thank you for the information , I didn't realise that if you tuned a car it would be usable in TT ......... I run brands Hatch or was it watkens glen last night in the ummmm nascar looking car and come 4th in the world with stock setup

Time to Tune

PSN SUBGTRACER

some of my experiences on doing setups so far:
    - if car has restrictor, make sure it's on 100% (i.e. no reduced power)
    - if car has turbo boost, make sure it's on 100% (if it seems to be too much, practice more. you can never have too much )
    - set brake cooling and engine cooling to zero. you won't get into problems here on short TT sessions and it increases speed due to less wind resistance
    - try to find gear ratios so that you hit the rev limiter of final gear right at the end of the fastest section of the track
    - if you notice there is sections on the track where you need to shift up or down just for a moment because you have just a little too much or too little rpms on the gear, fine-tune these gear ratios so that you don't have to shift (saves you 2x shifting)
    - increase tyre pressures gradually until you see loss of grip (more tyre pressure = less contact on sufrace = less resistance = more speed)
    - reduce camber angles (reducing meaning: setting it more towards 0) until you see loss of cornering ability (less angle also means less contact on surface I guesS? At least it seems it increases speed if you set it to 0)
    - don't care about fuel load. Time trial sessions will alwas set you up wiht 5 litres and fuel consumption is disabled

and then some driving tips:
    - use World record ghost right away to see if you're on par with top speed and if there's cutting possibilites (for those "clean" racer evangelists: think of me what you want, I play according to the game design because I don't like to have a competetive disadvantage. If you don't like it please just swallow it and "don't hate the player, hate the game" thx )
    - when braking for going into a corner, also downshift to the target gear as fast as possible already when you commence the braking (even if it's several gears to go through). the transmission will help you slow down. (again you don't have to think about long-term engine/transmission damage on short TT sessions). only thing is you might get out of control if you do it too hard, so try to find out how excessive you can go with the downshifting
    - when it comes to trying to optimize your lap time, focus first on corners that lead to a long high speed section. try to get as fast as possible out of them. the longer the section after the corner, the more the time gain will add up if you get better out of the corner.

miscallenaous:
    - if you have the thrustmaster TX wheel, make sure to use those two buttons at the back of the wheel, which I just found out about by accident today after several weeks of having the wheel..
    Last edited by hoodi4cars; 25-06-2015 at 22:27.
    OS: Win 7 Prof x64 MB: Asus Crosshair IV Formula RAM: 8GB 1066 CPU: AMD 1100T (stock) GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX Stereo Input: CSR Elite Wheel & Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: jason