Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom championships a question

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Dibble View Post
    Forza 2 had this feature almost 10 years ago Also had a far more extensive leaderboard too and you could even view your friends times and ghosts! I still can't believe that this sim has no option to view and compare friends laptimes. Heck I can't even compare my own lap times unless I write them down old school style on a piece of paper
    Yeah, and we had dynamic weather 10 years ago.

I agree on leaderboards and lobbies though. We need to improve there.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I do hope you'd reconsider this decision at some point. The ability to run a custom championship season or seasons is certainly something that would be appreciated by much of your fan base I suspect and would extend the lifespan of the game (for me at least). Perhaps even allow the ability to mod such in as is possible in Assetto Corsa.

I am thoroughly enjoying both AC and PCars, appreciating the good parts of both and accepting/working around the flaws in both. The ability to set up custom championships with any or all of the content in AC is something worthwhile that would benefit PCars in my humble opinion.

Just a suggestion (fingers crossed).
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Edu gt, flyoffacliff, Mad LL, Mafkees89, PsyAviah, Robhd, The Sonic Mole

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Yeah, and we had dynamic weather 10 years ago.

I agree on leaderboards and lobbies though. We need to improve there.
    Touché Mr Bell
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Henrique Clausing, Ian Bell

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    I do hope you'd reconsider this decision at some point. The ability to run a custom championship season or seasons is certainly something that would be appreciated by much of your fan base I suspect and would extend the lifespan of the game (for me at least). Perhaps even allow the ability to mod such in as is possible in Assetto Corsa.

I am thoroughly enjoying both AC and PCars, appreciating the good parts of both and accepting/working around the flaws in both. The ability to set up custom championships with any or all of the content in AC is something worthwhile that would benefit PCars in my humble opinion.

Just a suggestion (fingers crossed).
    Its more a case of us wanting to ensure we provide as much in the way of interesting championships as we can. I almost feel like it's a bit of a cop out to our career work.

If it's in high demand we will do it, though it's a lot of work so most likely a pCARS2 feature.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    first off thanks for the answer even though it was not the one I was looking for, (it would have extended my playing time long term), was it brought up as a request at all in testing etc that this is something people wanted as I find it hard believe that it has only been requested since launch?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the reply Ian.

Fair enough mate, the only thing I'd say is that what is interesting in terms of a championship is in the eye of the beholder, and allowing users to create their own championships according to their own tastes is not a cop out by any stretch...it just gives us the ability to race what and how we'd like ... That's the beauty of this age, we have the technology to (virtually) live out our childhood dreams of being a racing car driver...we all had different dreams as to what cars were or are involved.

The following 4 users likes this Post: doyley101, Ian Bell, Robhd, wraithsrike

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    No game ever has everything everyone wants.
    You're getting pretty darn close though
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Platform
    PC
    I would want this feature mostly for multiplayer anyway, it would make leagues way more interesting and fun, and a good way to motivate people to keep playing.
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fong74, Maviarab, PsyAviah

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven403 View Post
    I would want this feature mostly for multiplayer anyway, it would make leagues way more interesting and fun, and a good way to motivate people to keep playing.
    100% agree
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Fong74, lmp4 24, madmax2069, PsyAviah, Raven403, The Sonic Mole

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Carinis View Post
    first off thanks for the answer even though it was not the one I was looking for, (it would have extended my playing time long term), was it brought up as a request at all in testing etc that this is something people wanted as I find it hard believe that it has only been requested since launch?
    I did a quick search on WMD, and no - it wasn't really requested. There were some posts about it, but very late in development (2 months before launch) and the most threads and post on this matter popped up AFTER release.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro