Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crash physics question

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Crash physics question

In all driving games that I played and that had crash damage implemented, I felt that it is not like in the real world. For example if you colide 150kph in to a wall, yes, bumpers and some other stuff will fall off (maybe a weel if you drive formula) but you will hardly end up crumbled and wrinkled. Is it just me that have this feeling or? Maybe racing cars have cages that prevent this behaviour, but still, when I watch real crash videos cars get smashed in all sorts of ways that I never see in any game. Until yesterday, when I stumbled on this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiE4R_gfInc
    I mean this is not really that important for a racing game to be perfect, maybe more for some destruction derby kind of game, but still, this is sim so there goes my question.

Platform
    PS4
    I heard it has something to do with the manufacture wishes....means : that some manufactures dont want that their cars loose the doors or the car demolished absolutely.....all cars/manufactures in this game got a own damage/crash physic........i heard so ething about that early at release.......

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, it is indeed like mire2 says

For Example on all Mercedes Vehicles you will NEVER see that the Door is flapping. <- Request by the Manufacturer

And there are many other examples

In the early DEV Builds we had some Genius Crash Physics, the Cars where looking so good when the crashed, but with the Licensings all Manufacturer said that SMS MUST reduce the Damaging Level.
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PC
    Also, some manufacturers requested that the passenger cabin has to remain intact, even on those who allow the doors to open or to come off.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I was watching E3 footage and saw an interview from Gamespot with Dan Greenawalt (Creative Director, Turn10) about Forza 6 and he was talking about damage models. He said that they never had any damage restrictions from any manufacturer and that it's just a myth in the industry that manufacturers don't want damage.
    The following user likes this Post: pigsy

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    I was watching E3 footage and saw an interview from Gamespot with Dan Greenawalt (Creative Director, Turn10) about Forza 6 and he was talking about damage models. He said that they never had any damage restrictions from any manufacturer and that it's just a myth in the industry that manufacturers don't want damage.
    It's not a myth. But when you're working for MS and have a sh*tton of money available, you won't have to worry too much about those things.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: lrapsody

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Wait, why don`t they want crash physics to be modeled correctly? I mean, everybody with 2gr of brain who play this games knows that if you hit a wall in high speed you will damage the car greatly, that it is not a fault of the manufacturer of the car if the doors fall of in such ocasions lol

Platform
    PC
    Basically: Either you buy BeamNG and have such damage
    or you buy pCARS and have milions of polygons, dynamic weather and 600 Hz physics.
    Unfortunatelly it can't work together. At least not in this engine.
    And manufacturer demands are just the tip of the iceberg of optimization and focus.
    TBH I wonder how the SMS managed to optimize the damage we have . At the beginning every crash on the track made my PC froze for a bit.
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    He's bound to say that though. If he starts dishing the dirt on what manufacturers are asking for they'll start to see licences being revoked.

I strongly suspect developers are subject to the whims of rights holders. For example, F1 2015 will not have a career mode in which you can drive as yourself, which I reckon has been enforced by the F1 bods because they don't want particular drivers being removed from the grid to make way for player names. Just a theory. Either that or it's another mental Codemasters decision.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Lets talk about realistic car physics........

I want to take too much curb at 150 km/h and snap a shock and go head first in a concrete barrier at 100km/h

Is there a way i can get Project Cars to simultaneously punch me in the guts winding me and breaking two of my ribs, and also kick me in the nuts to simulate my nuts being crunched on the 5 point harness?

Might as kick me in the ankle too to simulate my left ankle hitting the cage from the impact.

Also please doc my PSN account of $34,000 and break my PlayStation for 6 weeks.

I find it amusing how people get so caught up on crash physics yet if we had realistic crash physic the same people would moan how the cars are too easy to break.

And a crash at 100km/h will have your car totaled 9 times out of 10.
    The following user likes this Post: lrapsody