Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 103

Thread: Reporting Suspect lap times.

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    905
    I've now set times in the Audi A1, BAC Mono, and BMW Group A. All are similar to my 300SEL lap. I'm not going to take effort to prove to you that I'm not cheating Plage. You're clearly just an unpleasant person or I would offer to show you some secrets of speed I've found. Send me an invite on Steam. I'll race you any time. Anyway, these laps should have enough variety for you guys to compare your Azure times to mine.

    Edit: I also just set a Ford Zakspeed Capri time that is pretty quick.

    Edit 2: Also I just set a time in the Sauber C9 Mercedes.
    Last edited by Krus Control; 26-09-2015 at 20:36.

  2. #82
    WMD Member bigsilverhotdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    144
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Krus Control View Post
    That's strange. I've never seen the leaderboard report it wrong like that. Very impressive if you had assists turned off. Still impressive honestly if they're still on. In my opinion assists don't add extra speed, but rather make grabbing the last little bit easier and sometimes more possible.
    It does do this yes, and I can vouch that Algo used no assists. Real always shows up that way for some reason, and since patch 4.0 real doesn't even force real -- assists can still be turned on via hotkeys. Broken, reported, should be fixed in next patch.

    edit: Plage I'm done talking to you. I tried to offer advice but you're only interested in your own blathering. Carry on being slow.

  3. #83
    Superkart Pilot Plage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    216
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Krus Control View Post
    I've now set times in the Audi A1, BAC Mono, and BMW Group A. All are similar to my 300SEL lap. I'm not going to take effort to prove to you that I'm not cheating Plage. You're clearly just an unpleasant person or I would offer to show you some secrets of speed I've found. Send me an invite on Steam. I'll race you any time. Anyway, these laps should have enough variety for you guys to compare your Azure times to mine.

    Edit: I also just set a Ford Zakspeed Capri time that is pretty quick.
    And of course there won't be any ghosts available because they bugged out, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsilverhotdog View Post
    edit: Plage I'm done talking to you. I tried to offer advice but you're only interested in your own blathering. Carry on being slow.
    Expected. You can take your advices that are none and stick them to where the sun doesn't shines. I'm fine with my speed.
    SMS = Team Incompetence @ work

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    905
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aliensd.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	219031

  5. #85
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    92
    Platform
    PC
    [QUOTE=Plage;1131058]And of course there won't be any ghosts available because they bugged out, right?

    If it isn't a track bug, how come there are only 26 ghosts from 259 lap times set there. Including none for you!! Whilst I don't turn damage off I see why people do, particularly on long tracks. PITA to brush a wall that would not occur any penalty IRL but invalidates your time and you have to either start again or continue a long dead lap. I don't know who cheats and who doesn't but based on your flimsy evidence (no ghost and damage off) it must be a large percentage on the boards. As I've said elsewhere, if the real aliens decide to TT none of our times would stand up. I'm mid pack at best in the other sims and yet I'm reasonably fast here so far.
    Last edited by ttb57; 26-09-2015 at 22:34.
    ASRock Z97 Pro4, i5 4690, 16Gb DDR3, GTX 1070
    Thrustmaster T500/Stock pedals/Paddles

  6. #86
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26
    Platform
    PC
    Does anyone from the community team read this? If they do I'd love my time wiped on the Silverstone weekend challenge. The drive through pits and cut the track bug still exists. First seen by me in indy 500 about 20 years ago lol. Was stuck to the bumper of a ghost thinking he was really slow for the time he'd posted. (ie. the same speed as an old fart who's had the game a week.) and lo and behold he carries on into the pits. I have to find three seconds in a weekend if I want to wipe it myself, not going to happen.

    As an aside, if there are any other sources for useful tunes other than the setup database. It's always fun to compare and any help I can get to shorten the learning curve is always gratefully received.

    TNTGibbon on the LB. Please wipe it, it's embarrassing but nice to know how much time it saves the people that do so I can compare a proper time vs. theirs.

    Gibbon.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Antz, Mad LL


  7. #87
    Superkart Pilot Plage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    216
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ttb57 View Post
    If it isn't a track bug, how come there are only 26 ghosts from 259 lap times set there. Including none for you!! Whilst I don't turn damage off I see why people do, particularly on long tracks. PITA to brush a wall that would not occur any penalty IRL but invalidates your time and you have to either start again or continue a long dead lap. I don't know who cheats and who doesn't but based on your flimsy evidence (no ghost and damage off) it must be a large percentage on the boards. As I've said elsewhere, if the real aliens decide to TT none of our times would stand up. I'm mid pack at best in the other sims and yet I'm reasonably fast here so far.
    I'm asking this myself. Maybe it's really a bug? That's strange because as far as I can see it saved all my ghosts locally (at least).
    Hitting a wall even when it's giving a penalty is not a clean lap and therefore shouldn't be counted. That's why damage should be forced on in time trials IMO.
    The missing ghosts and damage off are just indicators. The major thing is the time difference. It simply doesn't sums up when you compare it to the gap at Brands and extrapolate it to Azure. An other thing is that he makes most time in the first stage and this is exactly where you can cheat the most with clearing all obstacles in before and then just restart. Why don't you just go to Azure and try to see for yourself?
    SMS = Team Incompetence @ work

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    599
    Platform
    XBOX1
    One of my friends noticed his ghosts dont show when he uses in car view on TT.

  9. #89
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    92
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Plage View Post
    I'm asking this myself. Maybe it's really a bug? That's strange because as far as I can see it saved all my ghosts locally (at least).
    Hitting a wall even when it's giving a penalty is not a clean lap and therefore shouldn't be counted. That's why damage should be forced on in time trials IMO.
    The missing ghosts and damage off are just indicators. The major thing is the time difference. It simply doesn't sums up when you compare it to the gap at Brands and extrapolate it to Azure. An other thing is that he makes most time in the first stage and this is exactly where you can cheat the most with clearing all obstacles in before and then just restart. Why don't you just go to Azure and try to see for yourself?
    Really not up for learning a loooong track that I have no love for. As far as scraping walls go, if I return to pits at Bathurst and I haven't ripped the mirrors off, then it wasn't a very committed lap. They do it IRL all the time there.
    I've done tens of thousands of laps there over the years on sims and I can never get closer than 3-6secs (depending on vehicle) from the aliens no matter what I do. And that's only 6.2km. What you have to think about is: from your braking point into the turn until full throttle out of the turn you only need to lose an average of 0.189sec over 95 turns to lose 18s. That's assuming you have everything else perfect. Correct raceline for your style, same top speeds at the end of acceleration points, setup etc. Doesn't take much.
    Last edited by ttb57; 27-09-2015 at 20:48.
    ASRock Z97 Pro4, i5 4690, 16Gb DDR3, GTX 1070
    Thrustmaster T500/Stock pedals/Paddles

  10. #90
    Superkart Pilot PTG Baby Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    253
    Platform
    XBOX1
    TTB well said, and usually if you dont get the turn perfect and you do lose .2 seconds you can almost guarantee the speed on the straight is also quite a bit lower. So id say even if you are only losing .1 in the corner by the end of even a relatively small straight that makes for about the .2.

    I've driven the track and know there are plenty of compound corners. (series of corners) that people lose a lot more time than they think they do by taking each corner individually instead of planning for the next corner. this can easily lose seconds not measly tenths.
    PTG Home

    Race Team
    Tester

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 279
    Last Post: 23-03-2017, 20:49
  2. Replies: 210
    Last Post: 11-03-2017, 12:08
  3. Replies: 388
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 08:28
  4. All Lobbies reporting Full or nolonger available
    By F2kSel in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 21:47
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 08:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •