Page 19 of 117 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing Project CARS 2 - Sign Up Closed

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Stig View Post
    Ian, I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir, but I think the biggest gripe people are having with this announcement is the fact that it seems like it will be a current pCARS 2.0 as opposed to being more "Project CARS: Rally". I think a tweet or something to that effect might calm down some of the people saying "Fix pCARS 1 first!". I know this is pretty clear when you look at the page itself, but the internet is full of TL;DR cry-babies.
    I've no interest in calming people down.

We've made 100 posts stating the facts, put the details of our ongoing support for pCARS1 into even the press release!

Those with an inability to want to read or those that hate us for whatever reason will never be calm or will never want to be. Nothing from us will change that.

And regardless, pCARS2 is much more than Rallying.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: blowfishrulez, bmanic, Ixoye56, Ryno917, zapan

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We're looking at 2-3 months at the moment.
    How long do you envisage the development process to take?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PiperBoy View Post
    Especially when you banned some gamers that PAID your game... Well, Project Cars is less than two months old and we already have Project Cars 2 on the way ?

Well, I recognize that "fist fucking" was exaggerated but we are entitled to wonder what will become of the first episode on long term... ? You don't think so ? I saw that you said 2 years for support and other but what guarantee do we have ? Understand that it's just a bit frustating at the moment, that's all, because we seem to act as beta reviewers... Considering the price of the game...

However, if you really support Project Cars 1 for 2 years... well, fine
    I banned people effing and blinding and screaming at us. I'll keep on doing that.

You're banned for profanity.

People can judge us by our actions over the next year. When we deliver everything for pCARS1 there will still be a sizable fringe contingent who will find something to eff and blind and scream about.

Finally, they're banned from this freely provided, un-promised, and un-bought forum. Not the game!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bmanic, DerHelm, Grijo, Terrell Olvera, zapan

Platform
    PC
    Forgot to mention: The Eel got himself a GOLD membership too.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: blowfishrulez, Joeri Blootacker, Lars Rosenquist

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    Is Pcars 2 going to be all dirt and off road? and will 40 staff be enough for pcars 1 across 3 platforms?
    Enough? Forty staff costs us 400k dollars per month approximately. For a team of our size that's a massive amount of people staying committed to a shipped game longterm.

The dev period for pCARS2 will be decided by the members. I hope it's not going to take as long as pCARS1 but 2ish years is probably a good initial guestimate.
    The following 10 users likes this Post: Alan Dallas, Bealdor, Dan77 DESTROYER, DerHelm, ermo, KkDrummer, RamCor, renunes, Terrell Olvera, zapan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSCB View Post
    I am a first time user of these forums, and I have to say that looking through the pages of this thread that it is a pretty hostile place for anybody with anything remotely negative to say, even if it is done so in a constructive manner.

Moderators should be used to remove posts and people that prove themselves to be offensive or derogatory for the sake of being derogatory, rather than trying to artificially alter the pool of opinions to form a false narrative around the state of the game.

It is possible for negative feedback to also form the basis of a fair and balanced discussion, but it seems to me that anything that might paint the name of Project Cars in a bad light on these forums is quickly whitewashed and the users who post such remarks are banned. It is borderline totalitarian.

I know a number of people who have been banned simply for asking questions that might make Project Cars look anything less than perfect. Could someone in a position of authority please tell me why this is? I believe it is counter intuitive to the 'Project' at hand. If you are asking the community to directly influence the development of a game, surely you have to look at the bad as well as the good?
    What on earth is here that we should be looking at that we're not?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bealdor, bmanic, Miesjh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,

Thats is a good news but please finish first Project Cars 1 !!!

I love Project Cars and it is the best simu for Consoles but the game is not complete as you present in different movies and trailer !
    Do not make the same mistake as other developers !

- not realistic damage and does not influence driving
    - No body damage just the front
    - No icons showing damage
    - No wear and unrealistic managements tires (just temperature but unrealistic)
    - No flags managements
    - No real fuel managements
    - IA makes no mistake and no management during the race
    - IA cars driving into the fog with the lights off
    - No classification by cars (Leaderboard by cars)
    - No list of friends by ranking
    - No pits Management and completely empty (not like on your video!)
    - No spectator mode
    - Add the ability to save multiple settings per channel for each car and to share setups
    - poor management of keys on consoles (duplicate and therefore not usable)
    - no effect in the mirror (for example when it rains)
    - More efficient lights, it's simple night we see nothing
    - Engine temperature gauge
    - No telemetry in the replay (think of consoles not know how to use apps like on pc)
    - Change cars without leaving the living room.
    - Able to adjust the car during the test session, qualify or before the race

As you see, the game is far from perfect
    I say this to help you because I love racing games

Thx for answeer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSCB View Post
    Can I please ask why this game is being announced when the original game still has a host of bugs, glitches and issues that mean I can't play it as intended?

It is perfectly understandable that the early access version of this game was going to be a rocky road, but I'm not an early access user or a backer, I am simply someone who bought the game at retail and expected a finished product, which is not what I received.

Do you not think then, with that in mind, that announcing a sequel when you are admittedly still trying to fix issues soon after release is bad practice? Even if you intend to continue supporting PC1, do you not see that it may send out the wrong signal to people like myself, worried that support is now going to fizzle out on a game that is just a couple of weeks old?

I think your priorities need to lie with the people who have helped make your game a success in the first place, rather than looking for the next influx of revenue so quickly. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    Last time, and I know you've just rejoined to type this and your post above.

We don't need the money!! We are allowing those who are interested to join a full development process from scratch, to alter the direction and design of a AAA game. The fees are simply to ensure we don't have to keep answering questions like this, or your almost identical one above, after your rejoin.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Aizcold, bmanic, DerHelm, Grijo

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hopefully you get sufficient time for PS4 custom liveries support. That is my most wanted feature.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Anke, KID--A

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by homed View Post
    Hello,

Thats is a good news but please finish first Project Cars 1 !!!

I love Project Cars and it is the best simu for Consoles but the game is not complete as you present in different movies and trailer !
    Do not make the same mistake as other developers !

- not realistic damage and does not influence driving
    - No body damage just the front
    - No icons showing damage
    - No wear and unrealistic managements tires (just temperature but unrealistic)
    - No flags managements
    - No real fuel managements
    - IA makes no mistake and no management during the race
    - IA cars driving into the fog with the lights off
    - No classification by cars (Leaderboard by cars)
    - No list of friends by ranking
    - No pits Management and completely empty (not like on your video!)
    - No spectator mode
    - Add the ability to save multiple settings per channel for each car and to share setups
    - poor management of keys on consoles (duplicate and therefore not usable)
    - no effect in the mirror (for example when it rains)
    - More efficient lights, it's simple night we see nothing
    - Engine temperature gauge
    - No telemetry in the replay (think of consoles not know how to use apps like on pc)
    - Change cars without leaving the living room.
    - Able to adjust the car during the test session, qualify or before the race

As you see, the game is far from perfect
    I say this to help you because I love racing games

Thx for answeer
    Wrong thread, dude.