Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing Project CARS 2 - Sign Up Closed

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyjo View Post
    I do wonder if this was the best way to go about announcing this. If it were me I would have opened up funding only to the PCars1 backers for the first 6 months or so, and have them sign an NDA lasting until the public announcement. Maybe a lot of people wouldn't feel ripped off that way.

I've already had a few friends saying they're not even going to bother with PC1 now that the sequel has already been announced.
    Now, just imagine that it had only been opened to WMD and that, as is customary, this had been leaked to the public in all of two minutes of the WMD announcement.

If your imagination is anything like mine, the term "shitstorm" doesn't even begin to cover it. At least here Ian & Co. acted with full disclosure, outlining the how and the why from the word go.
    CPU i7 3770K@4.2 GHz | RAM 32GB DDR3-2400 | GFX Vega 64 AC @ 3x27" 1080p | Controller G27 w/NIXIM mod | FFB INFORMATIVE Gain:100/Volume:30-35/Tone:50-60/FX:0-10 | OS Win10 Pro x64 | UTF-8 characters: ✓ ✔ ✗ ✘ © ™ ® ° ← ↑ → ↓

"We respond to well constructed criticism, good ideas which are properly described and thought through, and ideas that will benefit the whole community, not a vocal minority.

Do not repeat requests, be patient and polite, and have some confidence in our ongoing desire to improve the game for all users, which we have clearly and ably demonstrated in the past." -- Richard Steer, Slightly Mad Studios
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, Ryno917

Quote Originally Posted by KartKingCorre View Post
    What are the very minimum specs required to be able to run these builds?
    Minimum System Requirements

CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
    GRAPHICS – DirectX 11 graphics card such as nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
    MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM
    OS - 64-bit Windows Operating System
    NETWORK - Continuous internet connection
    SOFTWARE - Steam
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 680 with driver 361.43, Windows 7 x64
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ermo, KartKingCorre

Superkart Pilot girlracerTracey's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I'm honestly starting to seriously question the utility of this place now.
    Don't, please, because the vast majority of people here, the silent majority, are I think with you all the way..

I for one am delighted to hear that Project CARS 2 is now officially confirmed and announced.

The Project CARS series and its ancillary "spin-offs" and add-ons of whatever nature they might be, has the potential I believe to change the multi-platform racing genre forever. Very much for the better in my estimation.

I completely believe that Project CARS (1) will be properly and fully supported and I further believe Project CARS 2 will be a success and a positive thing for everyone involved. The biggest beneficiaries of all this however will be the general gaming public out there who love their racing games..

That's all I have to say really.

grT
    T80 Racing wheel with marigold rubber gloves for improved grip! Lidl plastic garden chair & beige seat cover. Custom made bicardi & coke drinks holder. Thrustmaster GPX "Lightback" via CronusMax. Gamer-tag girlracerTracey (xbox) and girlracerTraceyx (PS4). Motogp league racer who enjoys racing on 4 wheels now and again.. YouTube channel: girlracerTracey. Favourite saying & motto: "Give it the Berries!"
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, chig88, Ian Bell, Ixoye56

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootball View Post
    Interesting, and to be fair we all knew pCars 2 was coming anyway.

Out of interest, is there anything that's going to be in pCars 2 that you'd ordinarily be building into pCars 1 if a sequel wasn't on the cards?

Also, was there ever a possibility that pCars 2 would be entirely self funded or was the intention always to crowd fund it?

These aren't loaded questions by the way, and I appreciate if any NDA's stop you from answering.

As for signing up, I only have the console version so I'll be interested in seeing if the alpha/beta PS4 versions are a possibility before putting my money down.
    If there was I'd be crazy to announce it here

But no, we have only the plans stated in the press release for now. The rest will be moulded by the members.

The intention was always to allow a limited group to join in the development with us. We have no expectations of the members contributing more than about 10% of the development total.
    The following user likes this Post: Wootball

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyjo View Post
    I do wonder if this was the best way to go about announcing this. If it were me I would have opened up funding only to the PCars1 backers for the first 6 months or so, and have them sign an NDA lasting until the public announcement. Maybe a lot of people wouldn't feel ripped off that way.

I've already had a few friends saying they're not even going to bother with PC1 now that the sequel has already been announced.
    That is only because they are taking announced as already made, or at least well on the way. Once the dust settles and the nutters get tired of waving their pitch forks we can carry on as normal.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 | ATI HD 7870 | G-Skill 8GB DDR3 | DELL 2407WFP | Win 7/10 x64 | Logitech DFGT | Wired Xbox 360 Controller

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl8910 View Post
    Sorry if you upset, but we are fans of the game and we want as consumers of a product that meets promised. If we bother sometimes it is because we love the game and awakens in us and awakens in us pasion.

Ian i am from a poor country and had to make sacrifices to buy Project cars so I demand that you at least give me everything prometist. thanks for reading a hug from Colombia.

excuse my English ..
    We've already promised the first year of updates for starters.
    The following user likes this Post: SphereOfChaos

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia Paul View Post
    How confident would you be of Sony facilitating an early access programme? Have you had any indication one way or another from them yet?

Also, how about a Vita version of PCars2? Somebody had to ask!
    Not confident enough to ask anyone to put money in if that was their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ermo View Post
    Now, just imagine that it had only been opened to WMD and that, as is customary, this had been leaked to the public in all of two minutes of the WMD announcement.

If your imagination is anything like mine, the term "shitstorm" doesn't even begin to cover it. At least here Ian & Co. acted with full disclosure, outlining the how and the why from the word go.
    Yeah I suppose you're right. I just hope people can see what's really happening.

With an NDA though, wouldn't there be a strict punishment for people doing that?
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 680 with driver 361.43, Windows 7 x64
    The following user likes this Post: ermo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetorian View Post
    Might as well just ignore the hate comments. You know what they say, Never argue with an idiot, they always bring you down and beat you with experience.

Now onto Pcars2

What I'm really liking so far. Co Op Career mode. Holy effing yes!! This is something me and my friends have been wishing for. Any chance of something like this happening on Pcars 1??

More motor sport disciplines, Banned cars =D!!! Awesome, I wonder if we'll be seeing the chaparrel (SP?) 2j fan car, and other weird things

Lots of more cars 200+ OooooOOOo look out Forza/GT With the engine updates to Pcars as amazing as the game already is. This amount of content with a game like this, seriously how can you not be happy?

Even more tracks. specially with rally cross and stuff. Oh yes, theres tons of fun to be had here.

Questions. Will we possibly be seeing more cars from the 1980's early 90's prototype era, Like the Corvette GTP or More group C cars?

Will it be possible to choose a specific car you want to use for your career? or will it be the same as before with the sponsors, any ideas here? Like what about starting your own racing team, I'd love to see that.

Either way I'm looking forward to this. Pcars is the first true racing game I played in a long time. see my review here and you'll see why.

I want more games like this or this one to keep doing really well. It seems that a lot of racing games lately have honestly felt something just lacking. Like the new NFS preaches about customization yet I can't even have a cockpit view or manual transmission. I want games like this to show that there are lot of people who love actually driving these cars regardless of whether its an arcade or a sim. Project Cars so far has been my salvation when it comes to a racing game.
    Yes, we love those early cars, Rod particularly loves them in an almost sexual way...

For the rest, this is all down to the members. They'll guide the development. This isn't normal 'kickstarter or early access' style developing.

ISSUE SOLVED!!!!!!!!

Created an account, logged in with my own password, bought a toolpack.....and then I got signed out. Tried to login in, but didn't succeed. Have reset my password I think 4 or 5 times, but still can't login. Anyone have any idea?
    Last edited by MelBonkers; 23-06-2015 at 08:37.

My new rig!

[CPU] i7 6700K @ 4.6 GHz Intel QuickSync enabled | [MOBO] ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | [RAM] Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4-3000 | [SSD1] NVMe Samsung 950 Pro | [SSD2] Samsung 850 EVO 1TB GB | [SSD3] Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB | [SSD4] Crucial M4 256 GB | [GPU] Inno3D iChill GTX 980 Ti @ 1300 Mhz | [MONITOR] 3 x Iiyama E2473HDS-B1 | [HMD] Oculus Rift + LeapMotion controller | [OS] Windows 10 Pro x64 | [PSU] Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W | [CPU COOLER] NZXT Kraken X61 | [CASE] Corsair Obsidian 750D | [WHEEL] Thrustmaster T500 RS + F1 wheel + Ferrari 458 wheel + TH8RS shifter + PST-1 3 Pedal set + Pedal faces | [INPUT] Corsair Vengeance K95 + Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Jetseat KW 908 | [SOUND] Creative Soundblaster ZxR, Kingston HyperX Cloud headset, Creative Inspire T6160 5.1