Page 30 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing Project CARS 2 - Sign Up Closed

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyjo View Post
    I've already had a few friends saying they're not even going to bother with PC1 now that the sequel has already been announced.
    So they're going to miss out on an excellent game and wait (probably) 2 years for the sequel just to save £40 (or whatever it is atm)?

Find new friends
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88
    The following user likes this Post: TrevorAustin

Platform
    PC
    I do wonder if this was the best way to go about announcing this. If it were me I would have opened up funding only to the PCars1 backers for the first 6 months or so, and have them sign an NDA lasting until the public announcement. Maybe a lot of people wouldn't feel ripped off that way.

I've already had a few friends saying they're not even going to bother with PC1 now that the sequel has already been announced.
    If they want to miss out on this game because there'll be a sequel there's not much we can do about that. It's only how almost every other game brand on earth operates...
    The following 8 users likes this Post: dustyjo, ermo, JessicaWalter, RomKnight, stux, TheReaper GT, Turbopriest, zapan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ermo View Post
    Point in case, because I know your user name is likely to be Umer Ahmad, if I were a determined attacker, I could try to log in using your real name 'Umer Ahmad' -- and it'd be your fault because you had the audacity to share your real name with the world. The ToS are, as rbl has pointed out, a bit wonky in this respect and should probably be rewritten to better ensure that the verbiage relates to and highlights that sharing of accounts is not allowed.

Speaking in software engineering terms, this seems like an 'unintended side-effect' (aka bug) in the ToS.
    Thinking about it a little bit more, this is true even now with nicknames, because we don't have separate username and "display name" (like Steam does for example) and as such it's really an "old bug" carried over from ToS for PCARS WMD.
    i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX670, Windows 2008R2 Std x64, Logitech G27
    triple screen 6000x1200
    The following user likes this Post: ermo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ermo View Post
    Now, just imagine that it had only been opened to WMD and that, as is customary, this had been leaked to the public in all of two minutes of the WMD announcement.

If your imagination is anything like mine, the term "shitstorm" doesn't even begin to cover it. At least here Ian & Co. acted with full disclosure, outlining the how and the why from the word go.
    Exactly this.

We would have been lambasted for secretly 'cheating' people. We know what's coming for pCARS1 and it's substantial and long term. Those screaming now will be proven wrong and their noise all over the net is just drawing more attention to us as we go through the process of proving the above.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Balmafra, cmch15, ermo, mister dog, RomKnight, TheReaper GT, zapan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Yes, we love those early cars, Rod particularly loves them in an almost sexual way...

For the rest, this is all down to the members. They'll guide the development. This isn't normal 'kickstarter or early access' style developing.
    Gonna try to join in on this soon, that gives me hope, thanks for the reply.
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Yes, we love those early cars, Rod particularly loves them in an almost sexual way...
    There I was thinking it was just me! It was a golden age with virtually no restrictions on design and referring to them as banned makes them sound so cool.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I have wasted a lot of time at home tweaking and racing (maybe not waste?), I have wasted a lot of time at work reading these forums (almost as entertaining as playing!). It's a shame that you get people trying to ruin it for the majority, but without this forum I would be lost.
    I have to say, amazing work. Issues are issues and they are being addressed, but in this "instant" world we live in people can't be pleased.
    I have already spent 15x the cost of the game on building a rig and getting my wheel set up, and PCARS2?? Yes please. My only question, if I go in on xbox, and end up building a PC can I switch over down the line?

You guys are awesome, keep it up!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ermo, Ian Bell, TheReaper GT

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzmavrik View Post
    I have wasted a lot of time at home tweaking and racing (maybe not waste?), I have wasted a lot of time at work reading these forums (almost as entertaining as playing!). It's a shame that you get people trying to ruin it for the majority, but without this forum I would be lost.
    I have to say, amazing work. Issues are issues and they are being addressed, but in this "instant" world we live in people can't be pleased.
    I have already spent 15x the cost of the game on building a rig and getting my wheel set up, and PCARS2?? Yes please. My only question, if I go in on xbox, and end up building a PC can I switch over down the line?

You guys are awesome, keep it up!
    Yes

And thanks.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Im ready to drop onto the Gold but I am waiting a little bit to make sure that it comes to the Xbox as I dont really fancy buying a gaming PC

Platform
    PS4
    Minimum System Requirements

CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
    GRAPHICS – DirectX 11 graphics card such as nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
    MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM
    OS - 64-bit Windows Operating System
    NETWORK - Continuous internet connection
    SOFTWARE - Steam
    Would any of you PC Einsteins be so kind to tell me how far I am with my laptop ? It's old and stuff I know.. I might have a better machine downstairs.. will check the specs
    I dont care if everything is on the lowest or even off, I just want to be able to contribute and see the builds. There's lots of stuff where full graphics and cpu power aren't needed..
    Go like the wind,
    PS4-DS4 current
    T300RS coming soon
    T3PA & TH8A later