Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traction control and stability control

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

Question Traction control and stability control

So earlier I was racing with some people I have known for a while now, during the races I was running front to middle of the grid.

Then after accidentally hitting the monitor button I noticed the guy getting the fastest qualifying time was using abs tc and sc. so I checked some other guys and they were all using it.

Should these assist not make the cars slower by cutting the power to the wheels in slow corners like other games I've played, grid, f1 '12-'14 and DClub. Or is this a bug in the game?
    Ps4- addicted-2-NITRO

Platform
    PS4
    They really shouldn't be detrimental to performance if implemented properly. They should be there to help the driver be faster or more consistent, or else nobody would use them in the real life racing series that allows them. Formula 1 allowed it for a few years and everybody used it. If it made them slower, they wouldn't have used it. And even before F1 allowed it, teams tried to find loopholes to implement it. In my opinion, it's more realistic in PCARS where it is a genuine aid to the driver than it is in other games.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: chig88, jackd94, McKiernan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It's dependend on how well the TC en SC are implemented in game. If you can brake really good ABS is always slower btw.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by McGti View Post
    It's dependend on how well the TC en SC are implemented in game. If you can brake really good ABS is always slower btw.
    But with ABS, you can brake and turn at the same time.
    [PC]Intel 386 sx-16 [RAM]5x1mb SIMM [HDD] 40MB [GPU] VGA [Monitor] Elonex 17" CRT - SuperVGA [OS] DOS 6.22 / Windows 3.1 [Sound]Soundblaster 16
    [Xbox One]Console [CPU] 8 Core AMD custom CPU Frequency: 1.75 GHz [GPU]Clock Speed: 853 MHz(originally 800 MHz) Shader Cores: 768 Peak Throughput: 1.31 TFLOPS [RAM] 8GB DDR3 Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s + 32MB eSRAM [Flash Memory]8GB Flash Memory [HDD] 500 GB Hard Drive 5400rpm [USB] 3.0 [TV] 22" Samsung SMART TV

Platform
    PS4
    We did extensive testing on this and the OP is right. They are overpowered. We allowed these assists in our lobbies at first because we thought they we're only being used by new players who we're slower anyway and needed the driving aids.

We found out that they can actually be used by good drivers to make them faster. For example I used to race with ABS only as my own choice, I put on SC and TC and knocked almost 2 seconds a lap off my best lap times going faster through corners than i could normally and felt like I was on rails with no risk. Realising this I had a moral decision to make, use it to my advantage or ban it in our lobbies.

Of course I banned it in our lobbies and we now only allow ABS as this doesn't give any major advantages and is definitely an aid to most pad users which helps almost all drivers.
    Clean Racing on PS4 Visit : www.matsuoracing.com
    > We have hundreds of members but don't let that intimidate you, you will soon get to know the regulars and enjoy your racing with us
    > We have races every night of the week
    > All skill levels welcome as long as you race clean
    The following user likes this Post: JoeDogs

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreakDTM View Post
    But with ABS, you can brake and turn at the same time.
    you can without abs too - just takes a bit of practice and sensitivity
    ps4 pro - playseat challenge - t500rs XVR-Racing (psn community) psnid RSlicker
    The following user likes this Post: chig88

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lordymatsuo View Post
    We did extensive testing on this and the OP is right. They are overpowered. We allowed these assists in our lobbies at first because we thought they we're only being used by new players who we're slower anyway and needed the driving aids.

We found out that they can actually be used by good drivers to make them faster. For example I used to race with ABS only as my own choice, I put on SC and TC and knocked almost 2 seconds a lap off my best lap times going faster through corners than i could normally and felt like I was on rails with no risk. Realising this I had a moral decision to make, use it to my advantage or ban it in our lobbies.

Of course I banned it in our lobbies and we now only allow ABS as this doesn't give any major advantages and is definitely an aid to most pad users which helps almost all drivers.
    re. the bolded statement, I would caution you against making the mistake of thinking about Project CARS as merely a game (it contains gaming elements, yes, but it's also a sim). In real life, TC and SC can make cars faster -- especially for non-pro drivers. Just read the reviews on the net about Ferrari's Manettino system in the 458 and the 488 and how it allows average drivers to feel like heroes, where the electronics carefully manage the experience.

Not that I am suggesting that you're not a good driver, but odds are that you aren't e.g. Ben Collins or Rene Rast?
    CPU i7 3770K@4.2 GHz | RAM 32GB DDR3-2400 | GFX Vega 64 AC @ 3x27" 1080p | Controller G27 w/NIXIM mod | FFB INFORMATIVE Gain:100/Volume:30-35/Tone:50-60/FX:0-10 | OS Win10 Pro x64 | UTF-8 characters: ✓ ✔ ✗ ✘ ← ↑ → ↓

"We respond to well constructed criticism, good ideas which are properly described and thought through, and ideas that will benefit the whole community, not a vocal minority.

Do not repeat requests, be patient and polite, and have some confidence in our ongoing desire to improve the game for all users, which we have clearly and ably demonstrated in the past." -- Richard Steer, Slightly Mad Studios
    The following user likes this Post: Awong124

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Instead of Not allowing them, set it to Real.
    many High Performance cars come equipped with ABS, Traction, and Stability control
    Even racing cars have it..

When it is developed properly, Yes, the Aids will make you able to drive faster than you can without them.

Most Consumer level cars, have very low grade levels of these driving aids.
    The ABS on some cars are almost more dangerous than Not Having it..
    Traction and Stability Control...
    Try going up a Snow covered Hill with a car that has Traction control... You're stuck, you're not going anywhere.
    Every time the wheel starts to slip, the Brake gets applied, and the engine power is cut back.

Then drive a performance car with Performance grade Aids...
    What a Difference.. These are real driving Aids compared the what they pass off in consumer level cars.

and that's what you have in pCars, Performance Level / Racing level driving Aids.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us
    The following 3 users likes this Post: imz14u2nv, Tomcul

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm set to 'Real' as that makes most sense to me.
    If a car has it in real life, then I'm going to use it and not make things deliberately harder for myself.

Why race in a GT3 car without using ABS and TC when in real life they do actually use them? Isn't it suppose to be a sim trying to be as lifelike as possible?

When a multiplayer lobby has them disabled, I assume that disabled them for me even though I'm set to 'real'?
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Barrybarfly, imz14u2nv, McKiernan, Mr.Smoke, Spliffyclyro, Stevefoz, svenvangent

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by creepyd View Post
    I'm set to 'Real' as that makes most sense to me.
    If a car has it in real life, then I'm going to use it and not make things deliberately harder for myself.

Why race in a GT3 car without using ABS and TC when in real life they do actually use them? Isn't it suppose to be a sim trying to be as lifelike as possible?

When a multiplayer lobby has them disabled, I assume that disabled them for me even though I'm set to 'real'?
    Im the same way. I want to race with whatever the actual car has in reality. Thats part of what makes it a sim to me.

Yes, if the lobby settings have is disabled, that overrides your REAL settings & turns assists off.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29
    The following user likes this Post: imz14u2nv