Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A genuine user experience and my disappointment with Project Cars

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I would recommend turning a few laps in Formula Rookie. I tried the Clio too and struggled a ton. But the FR is just a bit easier to drive and get used to everything. I use the PS4 and had to make a good number of adjustments to get it to work the way I wanted. After doing that I was able to go back to the metal tops and do much better. Just dont give up yet.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmethead1031 View Post
    FYI, motion control is implemented on PS4.....
    FYI, where the hell is it in the menus then??(thanks in advance)

I have made a mint clio tune, and I haven't given up, just slowed down a little for a few months!

I have patience and have been enjoying the game, please don't think my post is the result of a sad misguided fool, who needs cheering up!
    Its not perfect, I don't think the car physics returns caster self centring. One reason I think this is the case would be the way the car swerves unnaturally when steered with the controller. FFB has it's own page for every car, why can't we have a better controller mode and have a few sliders for the thumbstick/motion controller?
    Or at least someone reply to the matter, I keep bringing it up, maybe I should check my other posts.
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 23-06-2015 at 08:48.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MULTIVITZ View Post
    So you're driving adainst Ai at 80% difficulty, in a car tuned at 10% and wonder why they were hitting you up the back.......Ok.
    I must say my experience of career was different, the tunes wouldn't save sometimes and I eventually got stuck because the season kept repeating. So career is off limits for me. The caster force don't feed back into wheel self centring so driving with a thumbstick is not as enjoyable as it could be. It's hard driving hard without burning the front tyres. Tunings slow from all the button pressing.
    I need a wheel really but haven't the space to store one. I've heard motion controller and telemetry app are not going to be implemented now, no ones said anything to the contrary. Good tyres, questionable physics engine, stunted crash sequences, tiny fonts on everything, broken career, no surround sound, no paint, fantastic tracks, good sound effects, over strained GPUs, lawless multiplayer mode, not thumb stick friendly after years of development, no race engineer, I won't mention the pit, etc.
    When I have a car with a 50 point fault list, thats normal, I get on with it and complete my work mandate in an ordered fashion.
    I want to be delighted with this game, but I'm waiting. How long? Only time will tell and any reassurances recieved in the mean time will ease my discomfort. A forty man crew should easily sort this game out, its the other parties logistics and technological limits that are hindering progress. How over strained the GPUs are is anyones guess!
    Looking for good settings for motion steering with PS$ controller, if anyone knows of any?.
    i had a little try with the motion control ps4 ds controller. I could get used to driving that way, but id need a 'users manual' or similar to set the turning movement right. BONUS-extra buttons can be mapped. CONS- im not 1 for extra effort just to 'play' a game.

Has anybody begged borrowed stolen or just found a good settings for the motion steering? I'm talking about the sensitivity and dead zones etc. Not the button mapping as i have 2 layouts ready to try.

Platform
    PS4
    FYI, where the hell is it in the menus then??(thanks in advance)

I have made a mint clio tune, and I haven't given up, just slowed down a little for a few months!

I have patience and have been enjoying the game, please don't think my post is the result of a sad misguided fool, who needs cheering up!
    Its not perfect, I don't think the car physics returns caster self centring. One reason I think this is the case would be the way the car swerves unnaturally when steered with the controller. FFB has it's own page for every car, why can't we have a better controller mode and have a few sliders for the thumbstick/motion controller?
    Or at least someone reply to the matter, I keep bringing it up, maybe I should check my other posts.
    Just goto the screen where u map buttons, and map the tilt motion to steering

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Oh thanks so much, I couldn't see it and someone had said it wasn't ready. I think I was hypnotised by the haters lol.

I will experiment and find settings to suit a style or two, I may start a thread with my findings. Give me a day of testsing the motion control.
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 23-06-2015 at 09:28.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Helmethead1031, Toppers17

Platform
    PS4
    Oh thanks so much, I couldn't see it and someone had said it wasn't ready. I think I was hypnotised by the haters lol.

I will experiment and find settings to suit a style or two, I may start a thread with my findings. Give me a day of testsing the motion control.
    Yeah no worries mate. I tested with gulf no assists at Laguna Seca. Only a few laps, but timing was the thing that i couldn't fix by changing view. For example the slight left kink, as track starts to rise at the corner before the corkscrew.

Anyways if you wanted to test send me FR on ps4 & il give u a hand mate.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi
    I agree with a lot of what you say. I think that there is a difference having realism in a game and having too much realism. I find PC is not user friendly ie: having to exit game mode to make tuning changes etc. It seems to me that a lot of posts on here are from racers who have hours and hours to spend tuning, setting up etc. That is fine, each to their own, but I expect the vast majority of racers want to spend their time racing not tuning etc.
    I like tuning but there is too much, a more basic tuning would be better, with my personal preference of more variance of gear tuning. Tuning things like bump stop make minimal difference, and any gain is minimised by the slightest difference by the racer racing round the track.
    We should be able to save multiple set ups for each car, much easier than remembering what track you saved a set up on.
    I have said many times that the handling of the cars is not as realistic as it could be. It's not bad but I also have 25yrs experience of racing and a lot of modern games do not have that "earthy" quality that earlier games had. For older racers a bit like the raw rock "n" roll. Having bought various game over the years my favourite was the good old Race Driver 3 which stood the test of time without doubt.
    My fear is that PC preaches to the converted and will be played by a diminishing number of people who have the time to spend tuning instead of racing.
    I also feel that there is not much online community and I think that this will determine the longevity of the game.
    Good luck to all
    Roger
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chase66down, Lawndarts, rich6826, wusuku

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    i'm getting very frustrated aswell.
    in alot of aspects i really love this game, but somehow i'm spending more time with dirt Rally and ac since 1.4 did release.
    the game wasn't perfect at release and still isn't like most games nowadays. it makes me sad that this game got even worse with 1.4.
    since the patch the ffb is horrible (atleast for logitech wheel users, can't talk for others).
    the ffb issues in Addition to the carrer mode bugs + multiplayer bugs are killing the fun completly.
    i really really hope 1.5 will fix the most of the Problems right now because i want to Play this game...
    The following user likes this Post: rich6826

Umer Ahmad
    [BUG1] Too hot tyres is known and a priority fix
    [BUG2] and [BUG3] AI behaviors are being adjusted in upcoming patches
    [BUG4] sound is also being investigated

Thanks for the bug reports, keep them coming and also review the known issues lists in my signature.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: David McKenna, rich6826

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I do think to that there is too much tuning to do. I'm not an engineer, and I (as I asume most people) don't know that much about this.
    I'm 45 and have spent much of my 20īs and 30`s racing (karting, motorbike and as rallies co-pilot) but I never were involved in set-up, usually i would rely on techincal staff: tell them what I needed and they changed it

I believe that we could have a dual system where you can finetune you could have presets for cars & circuits, lets say you could chose 2 or 3 presets and then fine tune (or complete tune) as you like. At lest it should be a specific preset for each circuit/car and then we could pick from there

I understand that there are people that enjoy fine-tuning their cars, but there also are people that don't have the knowledge and/or the time to do it, plus I don't think fine-tuning and presets are incompatible (just like we can choose between auto-tire or the tyre we want)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: chase66down, icebear, rich6826