Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A genuine user experience and my disappointment with Project Cars

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    And about setting FFB values
    -The FFB valued set on every car don't feel right
    -We have to google for FFB values (that's how I got to this forum)
    -We do have settings like Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files

Would it be that difficult to have those sets of values implemented, so we could chose directly what we want and tweak from there? (Just like I was saying in my last post)
    I really love the game, but wasting that much time adjusting FFB per car, meaning adjusting the controller so it feels right... thats something that should not be happening

Feels like old discussion Linux vs Windows vs Apple
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chase66down, rich6826

Platform
    PC
    This is a good thread and it echo's my experience. I'm exactly where the op is in career and had the same issues. It's about as constructive as possible considering the end result is that many cant play the game the way they want. Most big publisher QA groups would kick pcars out of QA for not being able to "travers the critical path" and just shy of calling it a show stopper only because it doesn't crash.

I think the expectations for patch 1.5 are incredibly high, but we need to fix and get past these game breaking issues so focus can shift to features and the community can start delving deeper into tuning and other more advanced topics.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chase66down, rich6826

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawndarts View Post
    I think the expectations for patch 1.5 are incredibly high, but we need to fix and get past these game breaking issues so focus can shift to features and the community can start delving deeper into tuning and other more advanced topics.
    Yep, I certainly agree. In the meantime I think the community still has a role to play. We can provide valuable feedback for the devs who are trying to fix these issues. The hardest part of fixing a bug often is duplicating it. So if we can give information about how to recreate a certain issue that makes it a great deal easier to fix and also to verify that it's fixed. We can also support each other by providing known good settings for things like FFB, steering sensitivity and also there's work that can be done in tuning setups.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: rich6826

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I think car tuning would be ok if there was a good defaults, loose tight and wet and that are still open to tweaking, but the ffb adjustments are just a joke, tune them to taste!? Its a racing sim thats what people want to do race. I think back to the first toca on pc played in 1998, microsoft sidewinder wheel ffb was fantastic, moved to console nothing come close since. Then Pcars comes along pc based sim on ps4 great l think at last......... The ffb is broken, its a major part of the game l hope it can be fixed but why was the ffb and all other bugs problems missed. Sorry for being negative but the punters feedback is given but the punters dont really get feedback back. Please tell us ffb will is being sorted with an explaination/plan of action then we can sit tight knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Fanatec csw v2
    multi hub
    Inverted v3 pedals
    ps4
    The following 2 users likes this Post: rich6826, wusuku

Platform
    PC
    I have to disagree. The FFB is much better now since the 1.4 release and I wouldn't describe it as broken even before 1.4. And we've gotten lots of good input from SMS about what problems are being worked on and what will be in each upcoming release.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition

Platform
    PC
    My FFB is the same prior to 1.4 and its OK. I removed jacks files during update but it all still feels the same. I think those with major FFB problems are the ones that reset their profiles and have yet to be able to restore them, or reset them up.

So there is a large contract in helping with FFB. Since mine is the same its tweaking, those that reset profiles have a whole other mess to sort out.

But I also use a CSW v2, perhaps some of those issues are wheel defendant.

Platform
    PC
    Absolutely it's wheel dependent. Every wheel feels different and are going to need different settings to feel "right", which is itself a very subjective thing.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by chase66down View Post
    I think car tuning would be ok if there was a good defaults, loose tight and wet and that are still open to tweaking, but the ffb adjustments are just a joke, tune them to taste!? Its a racing sim thats what people want to do race. I think back to the first toca on pc played in 1998, microsoft sidewinder wheel ffb was fantastic, moved to console nothing come close since. Then Pcars comes along pc based sim on ps4 great l think at last......... The ffb is broken, its a major part of the game l hope it can be fixed but why was the ffb and all other bugs problems missed. Sorry for being negative but the punters feedback is given but the punters dont really get feedback back. Please tell us ffb will is being sorted with an explaination/plan of action then we can sit tight knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    A lot of good comments on here (and a couple of peculiar ones) but I had to comment that I also played that same first TOCA with a Sidewinder wheel back when I was 17 and I loved it! It was the fact that people said this game captured the essence of that old series that I spent £300 on Project Cars and a new wheel. Ultimately until it works properly I'm now left looking forward to seeing what F12015 will be like when it's launched next month. It just feels a bit unethical that I've spent my money, yet I can't use the product as intended (although I have no doubt that many months from now all will be resolved).

I guess when all's said and done it's just a game. With a fast growing 3 year old lad, Mario Kart is probably the only driving game I'm going to get to play in the future anyway...

Cheers guys

Banned
    Game needs to be delayed to be enjoyable which is why players aren't really play P. Cars right now... Been like this for most of the gaming community for around 10 years or so.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by UMadBro View Post
    Game needs to be delayed to be enjoyable which is why players aren't really play P. Cars right now... Been like this for most of the gaming community for around 10 years or so.

I don't understand your use of 'delayed', and your link is to a film clip of a screaming roaster? Very strange.

I've stopped playing it tbh, I will have a play with the motion sensor, it might make the game more playable for me. I've been too busy lately tuning real cars!
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 26-06-2015 at 07:04.