Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: (FAQ) PCars2 "For Dummies"

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Fortuna View Post
    pCARS2 is not accepting new members for months now.

Asking again if they open pc2 to new members might be better
    If they decide to open again. I would jump into PC2 instantly!!
    Is there already an Early Access tool for PS4? Thats the reason why i hesitated to enter the PC2 community.

Umer Ahmad
    We'll know more about console Early Access later in 2016, still quite early

Platform
    PC
    Don't you guys feel that you ripped off those who invested into PC1 for your promises to be supported for a long time and use it as a platform to build and extend on?
    The following user likes this Post: Heehaw4x4

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Not really. I've supported sims since the 90's and understand development includes a lot of big ideas that don't always make into the final product. It's always a gamble for Devs to share their ideas because they then become 'promises' in the eyes of some in the community.

Proper perspective correct triple screen support in pcars is a prime example. The Devs did say they would like to support it after release and I don't doubt them. Once they took a serious look they realized that they would have to recode the render from the ground up. A task that is far outside of something realistic to do. Now they have 'lied' and 'conned' people.

Something that was outside the original design, stated they would like to support it becomes a core feature in some people's minds and a massive failure when they fail to follow through with it.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, bmanic, cornishbrooksy, MysterG, stinki110, Yorkie065

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So in pCars 2 we'll get more cars for each class, this basically means we'll get more group c's to compete the Sauber Mercedes C9 right?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by colinL View Post
    So in pCars 2 we'll get more cars for each class, this basically means we'll get more group c's to compete the Sauber Mercedes C9 right?
    The full car (and track) list is quite a ways from being finalized.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    SMS and that could launch Pcars 2 in early access on Steam.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by k.merse View Post
    Don't you guys feel that you ripped off those who invested into PC1 for your promises to be supported for a long time and use it as a platform to build and extend on?
    It's hard to feel you've ripped someone off when within a month or so they'll have received more than 200% back on their original investment, plus the game for free.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Ripped off is the last thing I would feel..... as Ian states, we make money on our investment, get the game for free, get to see the game develop and have input over 4 years, plus meet some great people, and lots more. I'd say that's a win win in my book.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Ripped off is the last thing I would feel..... as Ian states, we make money on our investment, get the game for free, get to see the game develop and have input over 4 years, plus meet some great people, and lots more. I'd say that's a win win in my book.
    This!

Honestly, I never got so much game for so little money! Also I got to see the game develop over various years, learned a sh*tload about game development and even got more money back than I invested in the first place.
    If one feels ripped off then, there's no way to help him.

I would gladly get "ripped off" again.
    Last edited by Invincible; 19-02-2016 at 20:15.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Cheesenium, cluck, F1_Racer68, Ian Bell, JohnSchoonsBeard, Roger Prynne, Sankyo