Thread: Converting a dry setup to a wet setup

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Converting a dry setup to a wet setup

Hi guys

Are there any aspects of the setup that should be changed first when trying to convert a dry setup to a wet setup? Or more specifically, a setup that can be used for both wet and dry? I need to create a setup that is fast in the dry but can handle decently when the race turns wet. The dry setup I've got is fast, but in the wet it just doesn't seem to stick to the track and I end up sliding through most corners.

Any help would be appreciated

Platform
    PC
    More downforce, higher ride height, lower limited slip acc lock, softer rear to make the car more understeery. All of those things will make you probably slower in the dry though. You'll have to find a good compromise.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: onem1nutenoodle

Platform
    PC
    Move the brake bias to the rear as well. Get a copy of "The Art and Science of Grand Prix Driving" by Niki Lauda. Superb book with all kinds of information for your driving needs.
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-8600k @4.7GHz - Noctua NH-15D Coolage - AsRock Z370 Extreme4 - eVGA GTX 1070 8GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Crystal Sound 2 - Fractal Design Define R6 Case - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat
    The following user likes this Post: onem1nutenoodle

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by onem1nutenoodle View Post
    Hi guys

Are there any aspects of the setup that should be changed first when trying to convert a dry setup to a wet setup? Or more specifically, a setup that can be used for both wet and dry? I need to create a setup that is fast in the dry but can handle decently when the race turns wet. The dry setup I've got is fast, but in the wet it just doesn't seem to stick to the track and I end up sliding through most corners.

Any help would be appreciated
    As Bealdor says, but you would normally want a dry, a wet and a compromise setup for those unpredictable races, but the compromise would probably be too slow in the dry to bother running it unless you're sure it was going to rain at some point. A bit of a lottery at present with no forecast available.
    Last edited by cmch15; 26-06-2015 at 17:10.